No special favors for Porsche driving doctor who killed two people in Bangkok crash

webfact

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

More than enough to manage the monthly repayments on a finance agreement.

So a Porsche costing 7590000 would have payments of say 230,000 per month over 3 years. That's a large slice out of even a doctor's salary.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Blah Blah - numbers please oh knowledgeable one!

You'll have to do better than "blah blah".   Specify what figures you want and I'll try to help you.    A doctors specific medical qualifications and responsibilities and how many hospitals/clinics he serves and the finance terms, you know, price, deposit, term, interest rate, would be good places to start.

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:
4 hours ago, webfact said:

The media also said that relatives were due at the station for an initial meeting regarding compensation. 

Makes you winder how much bribery money there is in the police system to pay off would be cases

Only if you ignore the fact that the article stated that the insurers will be there also.   The police are not going to be paying anything off, it's the doctor who will have that liability.

3 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Remember this promise a year from now....

This website needs an investigative reporter with a forum called, "Whatever Happened To".....

As in, whatever happened to that doctor (or was he a hospital director?) who ran over a security guard and dragged him down the road and killed him?

I think a website like that would make for some very interesting reading.

37 minutes ago, Henryford said:

So a Porsche costing 7590000 would have payments of say 230,000 per month over 3 years. That's a large slice out of even a doctor's salary.

You're assuming that he has no deposit or trade-in...very unlikely...and you're quoting a short repayment period.  Apart from that you got it spot on!

More realistically, if he financed (with a 50%deposit) B3,795,000, at 3% pa over 84 months the monthly payment would be B50,144.   That's not too difficult for a doctor with several positions (as most do have) to manage.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 hours ago, samtam said:

I think "A Police Hospital doctor" means he's a doctor who works at the Police Hospital, not that's he works for the police. As with all hospitals, doctors work at several, so I don't think I would read too much into the misleading opening of the article.

He holds the RTP rank of Lieutenant. You didn't read too much into it, you just didn't read enough.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Hence, he's a doctor and he receives doctors salaries, not a RTP salary.

Nice deflection.

You were claiming he was a doctor not a police doctor.

I have corrected you on this.

You may thank me later.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nice deflection.

You were claiming he was a doctor not a police doctor.

I have corrected you on this.

You may think that you have corrected me but you haven't and there was no deflection.  He is a doctor.  He works at the Police General Hospital and has a police title, possibly as a result of that, he's not a "police doctor", he's a doctor.    

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Finance perhaps, as most people do?   

He's a doctor, not a "police doctor" a phrase you seem to be using to suggest that he's not paid that much.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He's a doctor, not a police officer!

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Lieutenant Phanurak - the doctor concerned".

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You may think that you have corrected me but you haven't and there was no deflection.  He is a doctor.  He works at the Police General Hospital and has a police title, possibly as a result of that, he's not a "police doctor", he's a doctor.    

Its not a title. It is a rank. Which means he is in the Royal Thai Police.

As stated in the OP.

probably must first qualify as doctor then three month academy officer commissioning course.

perhaps get their five year doctor course fee debt paid after five years military service plus army officer salary , free accom, etc. tried researching this but no joy……similar perhaps to UK Military where doctors, lawyers, engineers are commissioned directly as Army Captain rank level……

Just now, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

probably must first qualify as doctor then three month academy officer commissioning course.

perhaps get their five year doctor course fee debt paid after five years military service plus army officer salary , free accom, etc. tried researching this but no joy……similar perhaps to UK Military where doctors, lawyers, engineers are commissioned directly as Army Captain rank level……

Yeah and dentists too. The ones who cant make it in civie street without getting sued every other week. 

4 hours ago, samtam said:

I think "A Police Hospital doctor" means he's a doctor who works at the Police Hospital, not that's he works for the police. As with all hospitals, doctors work at several, so I don't think I would read too much into the misleading opening of the article.

He is indicated as having the rank of 'Lieutenant.........

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, samtam said:

....which I acknowledged

Yes, so we agree, he would wear the uniform, as they LOVE uniforms more than the Hugo Boss set -we won't mention the war, so he is both a doctor and a Policeman, just as the US Surgeon General is a doctor and a Naval officer.

Whereas your post was suggesting the media were stirring the pot with calling him a police doctor, and not to read too much into it.

You're almost as good at meaningless excuses as Chicken Wing the Ferrari Ace. Nicely played!

1 minute ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

perhaps, but those military trauma surgeons putting back together severed bodies from IED’s must be almost withoit equal anywhere ……probably fast tracked to lieut. colonel after 3-4 years of that…..

Many of them are highly qualified civilian surgeons who volunteer to do a tenure in the armed forces because of the skills they bring.

They also do it because they gather skills from injuries not seen often in normal life.

They then return to civilian life with those new found skills.

We are getting way of topic though. 

44 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Paid by Police admin, the title of Lieutenant is not honorary, it is factual. His salary can be weighted to recognize his medical degree, this happens all over the world, except in your own head, it seems.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Yes, so we agree, he would wear the uniform, as they LOVE uniforms more than the Hugo Boss set -we won't mention the war, so he is both a doctor and a Policeman, just as the US Surgeon General is a doctor and a Naval officer.

Whereas your post was suggesting the media were stirring the pot with calling him a police doctor, and not to read too much into it.

You're almost as good at meaningless excuses as Chicken Wing the Ferrari Ace. Nicely played!

3 hours ago, kingkenny said:

I know a dr that works at a few hospitals, she also works at the police hospital and is a police officer with a rank. There are a large number of Dr's that hold police ranks,  i believe  this guys rank is mentioned 

You are correct; a lieutenant colonel and his/her name, which is unusual, (the naming of names). It would be interesting to know how these ranks are attained. Does one train as a doctor, then as a police officer? Or are they honorary titles? I have always heard good things about the Police Hospital in its abilities and facilities, which is not surprising, given their "customer base's" exposure to harm and injury.

I thought this was a fair dinkum response acknowledging that I had not read the Sanook article, but it obviously does not meet your standards. My lack of a grovelling apology duly noted, and heartily given to you.

Edited by samtam

4 hours ago, samtam said:

He is a lieutenant 

24 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yeah and dentists too. The ones who cant make it in civie street without getting sued every other week. 

Nonsense! Just as people put down Chefs who work for airlines, because the critics themselves are such losers they've never enjoyed the superb cuisine in a decent airline lounge or up the front...

Just now, chalawaan said:

Nonsense! Just as people put down Chefs who work for airlines, because the critics themselves are such losers they've never enjoyed the superb cuisine in a decent airline lounge or up the front...

Well the drunk army dentist I had in the late 80's begs to differ.

Numbed the left side of my mouth then started drilling into the right side.

6 minutes ago, chalawaan said:
53 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Paid by Police admin, the title of Lieutenant is not honorary, it is factual. His salary can be weighted to recognize his medical degree, this happens all over the world, except in your own head, it seems.

Doctors at the Police Hospital, regardless of titles, are not paid by the RTP.    We are not talking about medical personnel who are employed directly by the police force in this case and that seems to be what you are referring to.

• Haha 1