Malls to Reopen, Dining-in to Resume

snoop1130

7 hours ago, doctormann said:

So, according to the link given in the OP,  customers must be fully vaccinated?  I thought that this requirement had been abandoned, temporarily at least, as the vaccination rate is currently very low so hardly anyone would be able to 'eat in'.

Whether or not the requirement extends to malls in general - not just restaurants in malls - is unclear, to me at least,

Just went for a haircut in a mall in / Bangkok. No check at all.

14 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

So in about a months time daily covid cases will be 50k+ with 400 dead !!

Lol, of course not. If you think people haven’t been socializing with families and neighbors and spreading the virus during the lockdown, i have a bridge to sell to you. The wave will keep going down because the part of the population that haven’t met the virus yet is getting smaller each day. Most of this self-inflicted horror will be over by October.

Just now, Victornoir said:

Good dinner tonight in my favorite Thai restaurant.

The boss just had his first Sinovac dose. In a few days for the staff. No customer control.

The restaurant was almost full, all the tables on the terrace and a large half indoors. No alcohol in sight but lots of unusual pink cups...

Everyone's joy was palpable.

It's great to hear about things getting back to normal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Lol, of course not. If you think people haven’t been socializing with families and neighbors and spreading the virus during the lockdown, i have a bridge to sell to you. The wave will keep going down because the part of the population that haven’t met the virus yet is getting smaller each day. Most of this self-inflicted horror will be over by October.

Of course people have been socializing with friends and family and that is exactly why I believe the reduction in covids numbers is solely due to less people being tested.

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The degree of this reopening is obviously premature. They should have waited for a much higher percentage of fully vaccinated people. Clearly this is being done to cave to business interests. How can this NOT backfire?

How much of a higher percentage?  Personally, I don't think it will make much difference and 'business interests' should not be dismissed.  I just hope schools can reopen soon too - 'educational interests'.