I thought pools were allowed to be open in Pattaya

Guest TerryS123

Guest TerryS123
35 minutes ago, 2ndhomepattaya said:

This link from TerryA has no relevance in this matter

Pools in condos, not public ones, are considered private property and as such government restrictions are not applicable as its regarded as private property. Even the Governor of Chon Buri has no jurisdiction.

Oh ok. I get it now. Thanks. Public pools are allowed to open but not private ones. Make sense to me..

I asked to use our condos swimming pool yesterday and they said you can go lay next to the pool and get sun but you cant go in the water.....

Can you bloody believe this nonsense.......

If the bloody pool was not on the bloody roof I would just to swimming anyways......

But they made it so key Cards cant go to the roof.....

I am very very tired of this closed pool insanity at this condo, If I had bought a condo here I would be beyond angry..... 

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 2ndhomepattaya said:

This link from TerryA has no relevance in this matter

Pools in condos, not public ones, are considered private property and as such government restrictions are not applicable as its regarded as private property. Even the Governor of Chon Buri has no jurisdiction.

This is exactly the problem.....Condos can and do make their own rules......Not for the better but for the worse.....

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Well I am glad someone's pool is open.... 

Mine also opened yesterday. We have a system where only a certain amount of people are allowed at any one time; with temperature checks, hand sanitiser and registration.

When I looked yesterday, there was precisely no one using the pool. Love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Mine also opened yesterday. We have a system where only a certain amount of people are allowed at any one time; with temperature checks, hand sanitiser and registration.

When I looked yesterday, there was precisely no one using the pool. Love it.

Thais for some reason don't seem to be into pools that much.....

You would think in my condo complex with 1,000 rooms there would be a bunch of Thais raising hell about the pool not being open..... But I would bet anything no Thai has said a peep to the management... 

If I had known about the pool nazis I would never have rented here..

3 hours ago, Boarn said:

Imagine buying a condo with a pool and then the pool being closed for any reason, I would be furious.

It's entirely up to the condo management, as the pool is a common area and it's their job to manage it. Many years ago, I lived in Jomtien Complex Condo which has a swimming pool on the fourth floor that catches a lot of wind. At one time they were, in effect, closing the pool during the rainy season by draining it partly, so there wasn't really enough water for swimming. The reason was that the wind blew a lot of water out of the pool and down the drains, and the cost of the chemicals used in replacing that water every time a storm with big wind hit was regarded as excessive. Drain the pool by a third or a half and the waves caused by the wind will just hit the sides, instead of spilling over the circulation culverts around the pool and down the drains. All the swimmers complained but it was like talking to a brick wall.

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Thais for some reason don't seem to be into pools that much.....

You would think in my condo complex with 1,000 rooms there would be a bunch of Thais raising hell about the pool not being open..... But I would bet anything no Thai has said a peep to the management... 

If I had known about the pool nazis I would never have rented here..

Unfortunately for me, I have a totally disgusting one using the pool here. Comes down with a laundry basket full of stuff then sets it down on the ground. Then he decides to move it from the dirty ground and on to one of the loungers. Yes, the loungers that people have to lie on. Then he takes his toothbrush and begins to use the pool shower like his personal home shower. When he eventually finishes up there, he decides to take a dip, coughing and spitting all the way. Totally disgusting animal.

• Sad 1

Today's excuse for not opening the pool yet is because there is a lady here in one of the condos that has covid????

Well damm man that covid lady better not go swimming and let the rest of the 1,000 condos here go swimming..... This is what I said to the lady....She just stared at me like deer in headlights....

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Henryford said:

More fool the Condo Committee. Our condo pool is private (as are all condo pools) and has been open the whole time.

You must live in a small condo complex......In the big ones the  management seem run the pool opening and closings with dictatorial powers......  

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

You must live in a small condo complex......In the big ones the  management seem run the pool opening and closings with dictatorial powers......  

The management is appointed by the Committe. If they took that stance here they would be sacked.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well Well Well......It seems our condos pool has closed AGAIN...Is this the 4th or 5th time? I am not really sure....Closed Jan,14th 2022

They told me there was a new government order to close swimming pools.........I could not believe this rubbish......

I looked at this print out they give to the complainers like myself....And there does seem to be some kind of order to close swimming pools...

Has anyone heard of this?

The rest of the condo seems normal.......Very Very Weird......

But like I have said before they bloody love to close the pool here, they love love love it.......And do close the pool as often as possible..

Edited by redwood1

21 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Well Well Well......It seems our condos pool has closed AGAIN...Is this the 4th or 5th time? I am not really sure....Closed Jan,14th 2022

They told me there was a new government order to close swimming pools.........I could not believe this rubbish......

I looked at this print out they give to the complainers like myself....And there does seem to be some kind of order to close swimming pools...

Has anyone heard of this?

The rest of the condo seems normal.......Very Very Weird......

But like I have said before they bloody love to close the pool here, they love love love it.......And do close the pool as often as possible..

Maybe someone with Covid used the pool so they closed it until they could deep-clean it? We had that happen a few days ago in the village where I live, the manager told us that a team would come to spray the whole area around the pool, but it was OK to swim if we wanted to take the risk. Needless to say, everyone was happy to accept the "risk"; the virus doesn't like chlorine or UV or being outdoors, so the swimming pool on a sunny day is probably as safe as it gets.

• Like 2