Hopes high worst of Phuket COVID outbreak is over

webfact

46 minutes ago, keith101 said:

It doesn't look to me anyway that anyone in the group believes what is being said just from their body language and especially the eyes and bowed head IMO .  

Yes they all look bewildered and untruthful definitely.........

• Like 1

40% positivity rate at one group of sea gypsies is pretty scary. No mention of which variant, so I assume delta.

and now Phuket is to be given the luxury of booster jabs? It does seem they are trying to eradicate the virus from Phuket. An impossible target from the experience of other countries with higher vaccination rates.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew expects to see a clear change for Phuket’s infection situation within one week, with lower numbers of new infected cases reported daily

Strange how that mirrors the nationwide figures... 

singing off the same hymn sheet possibly?

23 hours ago, webfact said:

“From the meeting, we talked together about the infection situation and economic situation in Phuket, which we must pay much attention to while our number of new infected cases keeps getting higher. We have worked and tried our best to control the number,” he said.

You failed when you opened too early and with less than needed vaccinations.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, xylophone said:

With all of the practice they've had, they should have mastered the art of lying by now.

Always room for perfection....my bosses words still ring in my ears...

I can also recall the language he would have used for this lot.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You failed when you opened too early and with less than needed vaccinations.

A higher % of vaccinated people won't help, just look at Israel which had one of the highest rates globally with top-brand vaccinations (not the russian or chinese stuff) and now has their worst outbreak.

Better learn to live with it, cause covid is here to stay. It will keep coming back, keep mutating, and nothing will help.

Stop masks and focus on regular health. Lower your bodyweight, eat healthy, get some exercise, get some sun.

Edited by Bob12345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

A higher % of vaccinated people won't help, just look at Israel which had one of the highest rates globally with top-brand vaccinations (not the russian or chinese stuff) and now has their worst outbreak.

Better learn to live with it, cause covid is here to stay. It will keep coming back, keep mutating, and nothing will help.

Stop masks and focus on regular health. Lower your bodyweight, eat healthy, get some exercise, get some sun.

"Stop masks and focus on regular health. Lower your bodyweight, eat healthy, get some exercise, get some sun."

Based on what that you advise the above will prevent getting infected by COVID-19?  You mean to say people who are infected with the virus are unhealthy and overweight?

1 hour ago, Kopitiam said:

"Stop masks and focus on regular health. Lower your bodyweight, eat healthy, get some exercise, get some sun."

Based on what that you advise the above will prevent getting infected by COVID-19?  You mean to say people who are infected with the virus are unhealthy and overweight?

No, he means 99% of people who end up in hospital and die from it are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roquefort said:

Still not got it. He is giving advice to 100% of the people to avoid becoming one of the 1%.

But majority of the government around the world advise using mask for protection but Bob12345 advises "Stop mask...."

Ok, get it - he is from the "no mask" camp.

21 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

But majority of the government around the world advise using mask for protection but Bob12345 advises "Stop mask...."

Ok, get it - he is from the "no mask" camp.

Wearing a mask is a personal choice. There's no evidence it actually reduces transmission, other than possibly indoors in confined spaces.

Personally I treat anything any government tells me with a healthy dose of scepticism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roquefort said:

Wearing a mask is a personal choice. There's no evidence it actually reduces transmission, other than possibly indoors in confined spaces.

Personally I treat anything any government tells me with a healthy dose of scepticism.

Exactly, everything is a personal choice.  Now, we are all on the same page.  Lets put this to rest.

The headline of this thread must be sending shivers down the doom mongers spines.  They must absolutely hate the thought of the sandbox succeeding or any positive news at all coming out of Thailand.  Naturally, they will just revert back to their usual "fake news" diatribe at the slightest hint of reduced covid numbers.

Edited by shdmn

3 hours ago, shdmn said:

The headline of this thread must be sending shivers down the doom mongers spines.  They must absolutely hate the thought of the sandbox succeeding or any positive news at all coming out of Thailand.  Naturally, they will just revert back to their usual "fake news" diatribe at the slightest hint of reduced covid numbers.

No.......

20 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

No, you will still get infected. But surprise, everyone will get infected at some point. Even vaccinated people can and will get infected. But all the things I mention will lower your risks of complications (including dying). We don't close the economy and mask everyone up for the flu every year, we just accept the risks. The same will happen with covid, and all you can do is lower your risks. Just as thousands die in car crashes and we still drive... we just try to limit our own risks by being sober, wearing a seatbelt, and not speeding. 

• Like 2