Thailand cites positive results from Sinovac-AstraZeneca vaccine formula

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, itsari said:

A number of middle east and African countries .

Aljazeera , Reuters , US news . Many articles to be found . 

Not true, there are no other countries using Sinovac first and AZ as the second dose. You make claims then expect others to look for non existent articles

2 hours ago, newnative said:

As one of the 3 million that got 2 sinovac shots I'll be looking forward to a booster.  At least they are admitting that 2 of sinovac is not as good as other vaccines.  

Well no, didn't they have to do a rush job for medical personnel, to get a 3rd jab into them after the 2 Sinovax were found not preventing symptomatic infection. Even those with 2xPfizer are likely to need a booster,  likely 1st quarter 2022.

My Thai wife, 44, and Thai daughter, 21, got the 2 doses. Sinovac last month,, no reaction, yesterday AZ shot,, both got sick yesterday afternoon, hot and cold chills and fever last night. They are slightly better today and all their friends and relatives who got the AZ second shot were also quite sick. I am wondering how many Thai people experienced this after their second shot.

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Because Sinovac isnt very good.

Despite this they keep ordering it despite the medical community demanding high quality vaccines.

Another disturbing aspect is the lack of transparency from both Sinovac and Sinopharm on there vaccines effeciency against Delta.

LOL Demanding high quality vaccine, it's for emergency use only. 

In China the largest population in the world thier people are happy with Sinovac, so they think its good 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tonypandy said:

LOL Demanding high quality vaccine, it's for emergency use only. 

In China the largest population in the world thier people are happy with Sinovac, so they think its good 

I don't think the Chinese have a lot of choice to be honest

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ninafarm said:

My Thai wife, 44, and Thai daughter, 21, got the 2 doses. Sinovac last month,, no reaction, yesterday AZ shot,, both got sick yesterday afternoon, hot and cold chills and fever last night. They are slightly better today and all their friends and relatives who got the AZ second shot were also quite sick. I am wondering how many Thai people experienced this after their second shot.

Why are they getting a vaccine when old people aren't?

Yes mixing vaccines can produce more side effects- it doesn't mean AZ is bad.

39 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not true, there are no other countries using Sinovac first and AZ as the second dose. You make claims then expect others to look for non existent articles

Cambodia do. For all Sino vac doubters, check Cambodia vaccination campaign and Covid numbers.

38 minutes ago, Ninafarm said:

I had 2 dosed of sinovac and no reaction at all--not even a sore arm.  I think I would have liked to have had some sort of reaction to show me something was going on, my body was doing something in response.  Leads me to think that what was introduced was pretty weak--and if I catch covid my response might be weak, too.  

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"Tarnishing of the Sinovac vaccine by many (house) members may create panic, confusion and concern for the public," he said.

I think the world's general consensus on this useless vaccine speaks for itself. Not very effective against the Delta variant coupled with losing half of it's efficacy rate ever 40 days. 

And Prayut's only concern here is damaging relations with China? Talk about putting nails in your own political coffin... Every time that hapless rube opens his mouth he give people (except for the Chinese) more reason to hate him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, newnative said:

I had 2 dosed of sinovac and no reaction at all--not even a sore arm.  I think I would have liked to have had some sort of reaction to show me something was going on, my body was doing something in response.  Leads me to think that what was introduced was pretty weak--and if I catch covid my response might be weak, too.  

Even my Mrs said she might as well have been given water after receiving her Sinovac. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldcpu said:

Well - I know many Thais. Some believe - some don't believe.

So when you say "No Thais" , IMHO you could not be more wrong. 

Yes, the nurses at our clinic got Sinovac despite not to happy about it.

Many Thais amongst our family and friends aren't willing to take Sinovac but would like Astra.

Unfortunately in some parts of Issan its difficult to get any vaccine let alone Sinovac.

I'm finally scheduled for Pfeizer in Khon Kaen, A 5 hour drive from our house.  I think I'll enjoy the break and drive.

Wife and Grandma may or may not get Moderna in October.

6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

It’s  very concerning that politicians worldwide have become experts on vaccines that are being used without long term trials, they are being used under emergency use. There are now law suites popping up in the USA about the use of Remidisver.

Don’t know if I spelt that right, the USA had the highest death toll and lawyers are saying that that drug shouldn’t have been used and was causing kydney failure, and more that I can not say, we’re going to have to watch that space , 

The USA love sueing don't you remember PM Theresa May when asked what Trump said. She replied laughing he told me to Sue the EU. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, newnative said:

I'm definitely not a fan of Sinovac but I read that Bodies reactions don't correlate to the vaccines effeciency.

"No, vaccine side effects don’t tell you how well your immune system will protect you" from COVID-19

April 19, 2021 10.26pm AEST

https://theconversation.com/no-vaccine-side-effects-dont-tell-you-how-well-your-immune-system-will-protect-you-from-covid-19-158728

• Like 1

If they don't have enough of any Western-developed vaccine for 2 doses, Sinovac + AZ seems to be a good option for now if their figures can be trusted (aye, there's the rub). 

When the time for boosters comes, they should have enough Western vaccines that they don't need to use Sino-anything.  It'll be "interesting" to see if they're still buying it then.

• Like 1

I paid for my shots because I'm under 55 and didn't want to wait (and the cost was only about 3600 THB). 

First shot was SinoVac and second AstraZeneca.   The actual process of getting the shots was very well organised although they were not really set up for English speakers and I only saw one other young Western bloke there.  Quite a lot of Thai Indians, but mostly Thais and very few old people, so I guess the oldies were getting free shots and it was all younger ones who were paying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

I am quoting articles i have read . 

Thank you BKK Brian for your interest

25 minutes ago, arick said:

Hofstra University is rated like 1800th in the World.... 555 even my <deleted> University of Greenwich is around 500. I have a BCS Hons not engineering. There are so many very educated Medical Professors in this Country grad from Imperial and LCU. Why is he running the show and this pandemic.  ENGINEERING that is why they are just building new road in the middle of a sugar cane field but not in the Towns... 

Nice bit of research about the "fine" health minister with absolutely no credentials.

Thanks.

• Like 1

What concerns me is the politicizing of vaccines , especially Chinese Sinovac or Russian Sputnik V ,none of the vaccines are perfect , some have had very serious side effect and people prove positive after full vaccination . I have had Sinovac followed by A Z ,

I had mild after effect following AZ , very deep sleep , headache and possibly mild fever . I would have chosen Sputnik V which I believe is as good as any other vaccine just to spite the Americans , who treat the whole exercise as purely a money grabber .

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, mark131v said:

aka please leave me alone it's all we have got and half of a AZ vaccine regime is better than none...

Something went terribly wrong with the planned Astra manufacturing, maybe it was the Indian break out that created massive demand for materials to make Astra in los. So now desparation and Joe has come up with a solution,. Mix and Match, meanwhile the police are keeping the soap opera alive and well, with plastic rap face masks and police disguised as clowns, robbing gold shops.