COVID-19: Thailand reports 15,942 coronavirus cases and 20,351 recoveries

webfact

1 hour ago, worrab said:

8 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Here is some supporting evidence for my claims from WHO. Perhaps you can supply evidence from a reliable source to support yours?

Vaccine protection and transmission

"COVID-19 vaccines are crucial tools in the pandemic response and protect against severe disease and death. 

Vaccines provide at least some protection from infection and transmission, but not as much as the protection they provide against serious illness and death.

More evidence is needed to determine exactly how well they stop infection and transmission."

Vaccine efficacy, effectiveness and protection (who.int)

Okay, I admit I was wrong. But you could still catch Covid even though you are fully vaccinated if you were one of the unlucky ones.

Edited by worrab
reword
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Really?

"Between Dec 8, 2020, and July 4, 2021, 1 240 009 COVID Symptom Study app users reported a first vaccine dose, of whom 6030 (0·5%) subsequently tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (cases 1), and 971 504 reported a second dose, of whom 2370 (0·2%) subsequently tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (cases 2). "

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00460-6/fulltext#seccestitle80

In other words, for a period of time lasting almost 7 months. only 0.2% of the doubly vaccinated tested positive for Covid. To put it another way that would be 1 out of 5000 of the doubly vaccinated subsequently tested positive for covid infection over a period of time of almost 7 months.

That study actually seems to fit in very well with Phuket Sandbox arrivals. Over 27,000 arrived with 0.2 - 0.3% subsequently testing positive.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You just admitted you were wrong. I think that's a violation of the unwritten rules of thaivisa.com.

There should be bonus in the Member's Reputation Score for such a category!

Edited by LosLobo
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You just admitted you were wrong. I think that's a violation of the unwritten rules of thaivisa.com.

I do not mind admitting if I make an error, have done so before  and will take any punishment that is deemed necessary. Lol. 

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Must be a 2 for 1 special day... 

During the last week reported, Vietnam averaged about 305,462 doses administered each day. 

During the last week reported, Thailand averaged about 547,916 doses administered each day.

That's according to Reuters. Surely must be much more for Vietnam!

Edited by DrJack54

28 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

……..or just an amazing effort by the nurses and front line volunteers.  

Why can’t you show them  some gratitude rather than lame put downs to try and get another dig at the government at their expense. 

You are quick to post your ‘stay safe ‘ message every day. That is exactly what they are striving to achieve, 900,000  times a. day irrespective  of the cynics. 

You'll never understand, and I won't try to explain.  Done and over.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

You'll never understand, and I won't try to explain.  Done and over.

I fully understand that you are so hell bent on questioning the integrity of this government that you will use any statistic in a lame attempt, even when it involves questioning the vaccination data which there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest is wrong and used in charts posted daily. 

What you will never understand is that every time you question the numbers with your weak sarcastic argument you are questioning the integrity and hard work put in by the selfless nurses and volunteers on the front line, however you wish to twist it. 

Stay safe. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, James105 said:

The system in place where I had mine there were 10 people giving the jabs.   The people giving the jabs were not checking blood pressure, or filling out any paperwork other than ticking the box to say which arm the jab went in and sticking the batch number onto the form.   They were never idle, it took about 3-4 minutes at most and there was only 5-10 seconds between the person being jabbed vacating their seat and the next person sitting down.   So let's say it is 4 minutes per person per jab (it was probably less than 4 minutes).   That means each jabber could jab 15 people per hour.   Let's say they did this for 8 hours, that would be 120 people per jabber.   The 10 people giving jabs could do 1200 in that vax centre over an 8 hour period.    According to the WHO in Thailand there are 993 vaccination centres (https://www.who.int/thailand/news/detail/07-06-2021-launch-national-wide-covid-19-vaccination-rollout-at-bangsue-central-vaccination-center-thailand). 

It's a production line here.    I have yet to see anything that would lead me to believe the numbers are a lie.   I am happy to change my mind on this if I see evidence.    I have yet to see anyone with any credibility (Dr/Nurse etc) question the figures.    Just like the moon landing conspiracy theories, for it to be a lie, then everyone would need to be in on it - including the medics.   

I had nothing else to do so I watched the jabbers while I sat in the rest area waiting after my shot. I did some maths on what I saw. Your numbers are conservative. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I fully understand that you are so hell bent on questioning the integrity of this government that you will use any statistic in a lame attempt, even when it involves questioning the vaccination data which there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest is wrong and used in charts posted daily. 

What you will never understand is that every time you question the numbers with your weak sarcastic argument you are questioning the integrity and hard work put in by the selfless nurses and volunteers on the front line, however you wish to twist it. 

Stay safe. 

Let's put this into perspective then so you might understand since you can not take a simple statement for the way its written.  For every 2 shots given there was 1 booster.  So there you have it. People wonder sometimes about statements and become bent when they do not understand the meaning. Seems I hit a nerve without writing a longer post which I normally do. Next time don't get so wrapped around the axels. Vaccinations are what they are and for every 2 given right now they seem to be also giving a booster to another, so enjoy your day and stay safe 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, anchadian said:

New Covid-19 cases and related deaths were up for the second successive day in Southeast Asia on Friday, collated data showed. #COVID19 #Asean #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40005689

Vietnam braces for long battle as Covid-19 cases, deaths rise in Asean

Due to low testing capacity you can't take any of these serious, other than Singapore. 

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Stay safe. 

You missed a healthy "dose" of satire. Nevermind.