Agents for Bank Accounts

LoVeFuN

Hi there, anyone know any agents that can open a Bank Account in and around Chiayaphuum. 

Nong Bua Daeng with Bangkok Bank would be ideal.

Most seem to want Pink I.d card and letter from Embassy along with a passport.

I don't think UK Embassy even do letters ,only certified copies of passports.

Any help would be great, many thanks.

I will be getting married after  getting affidavit from Bangkok.

I will come into Thailand in the New Year, maybe Visa Exempt then looking for long term stay.

The Bank account seems to be the problem. Information from Bangkok Bank was.

1. Passport 2. Letter from Embassy. 3. Pink i.d card.

Number 2 could be copy of passport certified which isn't a problem. But I don't think they will issue a letter of recommendation.

@LoVeFuN

I don't have a pink ID card and could open many bank accounts.

What Bangkok Bank need is a residence certificate. Go get a res. cert from the immigration office.

In order to get one, you have to have a long-term tenancy agreement.

Not sure about the tourist visa part but I would suggest to get a non-O visa.

Edited by EricTh

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What Bangkok Bank need is a residence certificate. Go get a res. cert from the immigration office.

Would they issue one if on Visa Exempt?, what documents would I need after lodging TM30 or TM28.

8 minutes ago, EricTh said:

@LoVeFuN

In order to get one, you have to have a long-term tenancy agreement.

Not sure about the tourist visa part but I would suggest to get a non-O visa.

I would be living at my girlfriends who has her own house.

If I enter on a non O visa after quarantine of 15 days, then I would only have 15 days to marry and get Bank Account. Then 2 months for seasoning 400k.

Is that not the case?

1 hour ago, LoVeFuN said:

I will be getting married after  getting affidavit from Bangkok.

I will come into Thailand in the New Year, maybe Visa Exempt then looking for long term stay.

Number 2 could be copy of passport certified which isn't a problem. But I don't think they will issue a letter of recommendation.

Tried quite a few banks first off was told Bangkok bank were quite amenable no joy, even the pink bank and the purple bank (both of which the Mrs had an account with) they wanted all sorts from granny's maiden name to granddad's inside leg I finally tried KBank (Loei) they couldn't have been more helpful just needed my passport I have heard it sometimes depends on the branch etc but as i said they were really helpful 

Anyway good luck  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoeiI said:

Tried quite a few banks first off was told Bangkok bank were quite amenable no joy, even the pink bank and the purple bank (both of which the Mrs had an account with) they wanted all sorts from granny's maiden name to granddad's inside leg I finally tried KBank (Loei) they couldn't have been more helpful just needed my passport I have heard it sometimes depends on the branch etc but as i said they were really helpful 

Anyway good luck  

Many thanks, problem is my OI is Chiayaphuum and wanted bank near there for updating book and letter before doing visa application same day.

As far as I know you need a residence certificate and a permanent address that is not a hotel or a mailbox or whatever.

Not sure if they want to check your visa or not.

At one point, Bangkok Bank didn't check for the residence certificate and didn't verify the permanent address was actually yours.  So it was much easier to set up an account there. I think they check all that stuff now.

Edited by shdmn

15 minutes ago, shdmn said:

As far as I know you need a residence certificate and a permanent address that is not a hotel or a mailbox or whatever.

Not sure if they want to check your visa or not.

At one point, Bangkok Bank didn't check for the residence certificate and didn't verify the permanent address was actually yours.  So it was much easier to set up an account there. I think they check all that stuff now.

Thanks, before at the Nong Bua Daeng branch it was just passport.

Because I will initially be on a visa exempt or T visa they may not accept my girlfriends address to get certificate of residence.

Thanks, before at the Nong Bua Daeng branch it was just passport.

Because I will initially be on a visa exempt or T visa they may not accept my girlfriends address to get certificate of residence.

Those days of just being able to show your passport are long gone as far as I know.  They haven't allowed that for years.  I believe it is gov't mandated so all the banks need to comply.  I think Bangkok bank was one of the last to fully comply several years ago.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

Bangkok bank in Sakon Nakhon told me foreigners can't have a bank account, Bangkok Bank in Bangkok told me I needed a letter from my Embassy, Bangkok Bank in Jomtein where I opened an account only needed a residence cert. Just got to keep knocking on doors.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LoVeFuN said:

I would be living at my girlfriends who has her own house.

If I enter on a non O visa after quarantine of 15 days, then I would only have 15 days to marry and get Bank Account. Then 2 months for seasoning 400k.

Is that not the case?

It is a problem if you stay at your gf house without any tenancy agreement as there's no proof that you will stay long-term in Thailand.

Banks will only open bank accounts to foreigners who stay long-term in Thailand and not any short-term tourists.

Remember, there are millions of tourists coming to Thailand every year , their bank database will be overwhelmed if they open to every tourist.

So it's better to open a bank account AFTER you get married to your girlfriend and AFTER you get a non-O visa.

Come into the country as visa exempt first, then a few days after marriage date apply for non-O visa. Then once you get a non-O visa, you can apply for a bank account.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

It is a problem if you stay at your gf house without any tenancy agreement as there's no proof that you will stay long-term in Thailand.

Banks will only open bank accounts to foreigners who stay long-term in Thailand and not any short-term tourists.

Remember, there are millions of tourists coming to Thailand every year , their bank database will be overwhelmed if they open to every tourist.

So it's better to open a bank account AFTER you get married to your girlfriend and AFTER you get a non-O visa.

Come into the country as visa exempt first, then a few days after marriage date apply for non-O visa. Then once you get a non-O visa, you can apply for a bank account.

Thanks Eric but to get a non O, would I not need a Bank account in Thailand?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LoVeFuN said:

Thanks Eric but to get a non O, would I not need a Bank account in Thailand?

I think the link below explains everything

https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/Thailand-Marriage-Visa.php

• You must obtain a 90-day visa Non-Immigrant O visa at the Thai Embassy or Consulate from your home country or country of residence prior to your application for the Thai marriage visa. The 90-day Non-Immigrant visa may also be obtained from the nearby countries of Thailand.
  • Once the non-immigrant visa is obtained, you must travel to Thailand to activate the initial non-immigrant O visa.
  • You must prepare all needed documents for the conversion of your non-immigrant O visa to marriage visa.
  • The extension will take place on the last 30 days of the 90-day permit to stay.
  • The visa extension application is submitted to the Immigration Office with all the necessary documents for the visa application. The processing period may take about a month before issuance of the one year Thai marriage visa.

Additionally, the foreigner on a Visa Exemption stamp or a Tourist Visa can still apply for a Thai marriage visa inside Thailand as long as the foreigner has already met the requirements for the non-immigrant O visa and the one year Thai marriage visa applications. This can be done at the local Thai immigration office in the province where the foreigner and Thai spouse are residing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LoVeFuN said:

Bangkok Bank's requirements are here. 

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Save-And-Invest/Save/Savings-Account

Your fiance could possibly be your reference  to open the account or she might know somebody that could do it.

They will accept a document from your embassy used to prove your address. They normally will accept about anything with a stamp done by your embassy.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Bangkok Bank's requirements are here. 

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Save-And-Invest/Save/Savings-Account

Your fiance could possibly be your reference  to open the account or she might know somebody that could do it.

They will accept a document from your embassy used to prove your address. They normally will accept about anything with a stamp done by your embassy.

Thanks Joe, my fiancee obtained these requirements from her bank yesterday in Chiayaphuum.

I can get a Bangkok Bank Account in Bangkok through an agent.

However could I use this Account to do marriage extension at Chiayaphuum. How could I update and get a letter on same day to show 400k in bank to IO Chiayaphuum. Is that possible?

19 hours ago, LoeiI said:

Anyway good luck  

KYC.  They all want personal information, even in your own county. 

So if I have a Bangkok Bank account with Bangkok Bank and have 400k in it, will Bangkok Bank Chiayaphuum be able to give me a letter confirming that for presentation to Chiayaphuum IO on same day I apply for the extension and update my book?

So if I have a Bangkok Bank account with Bangkok Bank and have 400k in it, will Bangkok Bank Chiayaphuum be able to give me a letter confirming that for presentation to Chiayaphuum IO on same day I apply for the extension and update my book?

This issue has been successfully answered by help from Ubonjoe and Dr.Jack many thanks all.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:41 PM, LoVeFuN said:

Hi there, anyone know any agents that can open a Bank Account in and around Chiayaphuum. 

Lawyers open bank accounts---but I don't know what their Fee is.

I just looked it up..... there are probably cheaper options around.

Service Fee

Our service fee is $150.00 for opening a local currency account. If you reside in Bangkok, it includes free consultation on Thai visa-related inquiries.

You will receive assistance in opening up a savings/current bank account

You will receive a Bank book and a debit/ATM card

Online Banking (Thai mobile number is required)

Edited by sanuk711

21 hours ago, LoVeFuN said:

Many thanks, problem is my OI is Chiayaphuum and wanted bank near there for updating book and letter before doing visa application same day.

So try the three Kasikorn branches in Chaiyaphum!

Krungsri opened an account for me with just proof of address (lease) and passport.  So did Kasikorn and Krungthai.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So try the three Kasikorn branches in Chaiyaphum!

Krungsri opened an account for me with just proof of address (lease) and passport.  So did Kasikorn and Krungthai.

Bangkok Bank does not require a pink ID card...

Opening a New Account
Required Documents

For foreigners

1. Foreigner with a work permit

• Passport
  • Work Permit

2. Foreigner without work permit

• Passport
  • A reference letter issued by one of the following institutes or organizations or required document
    • Embassy located  in Thailand 
    • An overseas bank where the customer holds an account sent via SWIFT 
    • Trusted individuals such as a Bangkok Bank staff member or customer, director of a private company, permanent residence in Thailand, government or private educational institutes located in Thailand trusted by the Bank
    • Trusted companies, e.g., an employment letter from the company if the customer is in the process of applying for a work permit.
    • Document showing ownership of a fixed asset such as a condominium sale/purchase agreement (a condominium which is acceptable to Bangkok Bank) Or a property reservation agreement valued at 100,000 baht or more with a reference letter from the property developer that is acceptable to Bangkok Bank.

Notes: Contact addresses for both Thailand and overseas must be provided (hotel and P.O. Box addresses are not acceptable).

They don't state that in the above but that's what a staff member told my fiancee yesterday.

Every branch is different thanks for you input.

18 minutes ago, LoVeFuN said:

They don't state that in the above but that's what a staff member told my fiancee yesterday.

Every branch is different thanks for you input.

When you're here go to the bank branch that your girlfriend has her accounts with, with her, that will probably ease things...unless she doesn't keep any money in the bank.

I helped a guy this week with the same problem. He went to every local bank and they seem to be all 'singing off the same prayer book'. They wanted a letter from Pension provider, if over50. Work permit or embassy letter.

Things have got a lot harder, maybe because of covid or because they now have less foreigners to hinder???????My mate ended taking a visit to Pattaya to (easily) obtain a BKK bank account with the help of a visa agent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Try Kasikorn if it's for your visa money you can download a years statements from the app, Bangkok Bank you can't do this. If you do go Bangkok Bank make sure you get a Visa ATM card and not a Union Pay one, nightmare if you want to buy anything online.

On 9/7/2021 at 10:36 AM, EricTh said:

I think the link below explains everything

https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/Thailand-Marriage-Visa.php

• You must obtain a 90-day visa Non-Immigrant O visa at the Thai Embassy or Consulate from your home country or country of residence prior to your application for the Thai marriage visa. The 90-day Non-Immigrant visa may also be obtained from the nearby countries of Thailand.
  • Once the non-immigrant visa is obtained, you must travel to Thailand to activate the initial non-immigrant O visa.
  • You must prepare all needed documents for the conversion of your non-immigrant O visa to marriage visa.
  • The extension will take place on the last 30 days of the 90-day permit to stay.
  • The visa extension application is submitted to the Immigration Office with all the necessary documents for the visa application. The processing period may take about a month before issuance of the one year Thai marriage visa.

Additionally, the foreigner on a Visa Exemption stamp or a Tourist Visa can still apply for a Thai marriage visa inside Thailand as long as the foreigner has already met the requirements for the non-immigrant O visa and the one year Thai marriage visa applications. This can be done at the local Thai immigration office in the province where the foreigner and Thai spouse are residing.

Looked into this issue a few months ago & Siam Legal appeared to be the best solution for a small fee for their services. Job done.