‘LALISA’ hits 10m views in under 2 hours as K-pop sensation appears in Thai dress

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Denim said:

But, this is the kind of music that people of her generation like. I don't think the quality of the music has a lot to do with it.  What attracts them is the whole package. As long as it is different too what past generations listened too then they are perfectly happy to be breaking new ground and inventing sex all over again.

What would be the kiss of death to stars like Lalissa is if she went on tour, the tickets were all pre sold out but come the night the audience was almost exclusively packed out with the over 60's . Wheelchairs and dangling incontinence bags all over the place and a crush of screaming old men at the edge of the stage trying to hold their dentures in. 

If that happened would it bother her ? Still raking in the money and making people happy but a lot of her younger fans would be mortified to see their parents in the audience letting their metaphorical hair down.  This is what happened at Facebook. It was the go to place for youngsters until their parents joined and became ' mutual friends '  The youngsters took off pretty quickly to put some distance between themselves and the oldies.

So.....its about a lot more than just the music.

Over 60's ? You talking about yourself I presume? Don't assume everyone posting on this forum is a retiree. I also love the assumption  that "everyone" of her generation would like this twaddle.  So every teenager in the world would like this song you think? Maybe in Thailand and parts of Asia a lot of kids love commercial crappy kpop sure. Outside of there? unfortunately your sadly mistaken. Your telling me, oh I don't know Billie Eilish fans for example would like this woman just repeating her name for 3 and a half minutes?

Keep persisting with your generalisations though.

Edited by starky
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, starky said:

Over 60's ? You talking about yourself I presume? Don't assume everyone posting on this forum is a retiree.

What on earth has that got to do with it ?  Did you just latch on to the number 60 in the middle ?

Or did you just fail to grasp anything else ?

9 minutes ago, Denim said:

What on earth has that got to do with it ?  Did you just latch on to the number 60 in the middle ?

Or did you just fail to grasp anything else ?

I grasped that none of your generalisations hold any water. You seem to be the one hung up on it you know wheelchairs and incontinence bags lol.

Edited by starky
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, starky said:

I grasped that none of your generalisations hold any water. You seem to be the one hung up on it you know wheelchairs and incontinence bags lol.

You and your age denigrating comments are very tiresome..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yeah , I can relate to the guy holding a straight pint glass.

On closer inspection, it's a mug. Sissy.

Edited by mahtin
eyes are dim I cannot see

K-pop sensation Lisa thrills Thai fans with traditional headgear

By Juarawee Kittisilpa

2021-09-12T140913Z_1_LYNXMPEH8B06J_RTROPTP_4_THAILAND-KPOP-LISA.JPG

A costumer looks for Thai traditional costume head gear similar to one wore by Thai-born K-pop singer Lalisa "Lisa" Manoban at a shop selling merchandise items, in Bangkok, Thailand September 12, 2021. REUTERS/Juarawee Kittisilpa

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai-born K-pop singer Lalisa 'Lisa' Manoban has so delighted her fans in Thailand by wearing the traditional golden headdress in the video for her first solo single that some are going out and buying their own.

The video for "Lalisa", hit band Blackpink member Lisa's first solo song, has amassed more than 100 million views on Youtube since its release on Friday.

One segment features Manoban sitting on an ornate golden throne and wearing the traditional tall, pointed headdress which in modern Thailand is worn mainly in traditional dance forms.

Traders at a popular market in the Thai capital Bangkok told Reuters on Sunday that since Friday there had been a surge in sales of traditional outfits and accessories.

"A lot of people have been ordering from us via our online shop, while here at the shop, we've had a constant flow of customers coming up to us, showing interest every day, the whole day, asking what kind of headgear we have, what style, what colour," said Samorn Suthiwong, who works at Fashion Point, a clothes' store in the market.

Customer Mew Lalita, 40, agreed with Manoban's fans that her incorporating Thai national costume in her video would help to make their cultural heritage more accessible both at home and abroad.

"I think it's a perfect combination (of fashion and tradition). This makes it easier for Thai culture to be applied to our everyday lives," said Mew.

At Fashion Point, the handmade head accessories cost between 250 to 1000 baht ($7.65 - $30.58) per piece.

($1 = 32.7000 baht)

(Writing by Masako Iijima and Panu Wongcha-um; Editing by Raissa Kasolowsky)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-09-13

Would anybody listen to that song if it wouldn't be combined with a pretty girl dancing in a very expensive video production?

Obviously I also like to look at pretty sexy girls dancing. But for music I remember the time when bands actually needed to write and play good songs which were played on the radio - without any video or big marketing machine. Who would listen to Lisa under such conditions?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Would anybody listen to that song if it wouldn't be combined with a pretty girl dancing in a very expensive video production?

Obviously I also like to look at pretty sexy girls dancing. But for music I remember the time when bands actually needed to write and play good songs which were played on the radio - without any video or big marketing machine. Who would listen to Lisa under such conditions?

Radio Ga Ga , them was the days eh.

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I found it completely disjointed.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The thing is people say "Like a Rolling Stone" is the best song of all time. But it's a actually a hateful piece of misogyny, a really spiteful number if you listen to the lyrics carefully. Sure, the lyrics have depth, they're more crafted than "Just Say Lalisa love me Lalisa love me Call me Lalisa love me Lalisa love me...", and musically yes, it's more demanding.

However, the Lalisa song is an upbeat, happy song, celebrating hooking up and joy of life. The voice is even more youthful than Dylan was in 1965. It's not as powerful as Like a Rolling Stone, but it's more enjoyable. In a very short term way.

Of course, if Lalisa were not easy on the eye, thanks to expert make-up, video graphics, the impact would be a thousand times less, the song is really not that good. Still, we live in a visual digital age now and that's part of the enjoyment.

But let's not pretend that music was better in the 60s, it wasn't.  Ever since Richard Strauss musically it's been a downhill journey.

• Like 1