Thailand reports 11,786 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

Out of 11,510 local cases (not in prisons) Bangkok 2,788 Chonburi 955 Samut Prakan 811 Samut Sakhon 542 Nonthaburi 482 Ratchaburi 314 Prachinburi 296 Songkhla 272 Narathiwat 262 Surat Thani 252 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1437664562061344768

• Thanks 1

Probably a good decision, see what studies come out internationally first, 3 years old seems very young to me.

#Thailand FDA did not approve #Sinopharm for three years old kids following a request from the importer, Biogenetech.

eXpaSddF.jpg.dac2475e1a4a3b6dee0fc1f292b8126b.jpg

https://twitter.com/erich_parpart/status/1437660322500808706

https://www.matichon.co.th/covid19/thai-covid19/news_2938502

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

It’s hardly surprising that 80% of deaths have been unvaccinated. Only about 15% of the population is fully vaccinated.

About 19.33% of the population is fully vaccinated.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1437667582522191878

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

Something has just occurred to me.

Thailand doesn't have a lot of antivaxers. There is a good chance that once vaccines become widely available nearly 100% of population will be vaccinated. This could be something TAT could spin and actually work.

A reporter covering the Government House tested positive for #COVID19 on Tuesday, leading the PM Office to order all reporters out of the Government House immediately. The reporter is believed to have trailed both PM Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha and Deputy Premier Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1437668968492273664

PM advisor Nattariya Taweewong said Tuesday that in the future Government House beat reporters and photographers will be required to have regular ATK tests before allowing in. It's not clear as of press time when journalists will be allowed back inside the Government House again.

Thailand’s Krabi province has imposed a lockdown, effective from tomorrow (September 15th), after a cluster of COVID-19 infections was discovered.

84 new infections have been reported over the past two days, raising the province’s cumulative total to 2,459, while 842 are still receiving treatment.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/krabi-imposes-partial-lockdown-from-sep-15th-phi-phi-island-closure-extended/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Thailand doesn't have a lot of antivaxers. There is a good chance that once vaccines become widely available nearly 100% of population will be vaccinated. This could be something TAT could spin and actually work.

High vax numbers require trust. Do you really think 100% of the population trusts the government? At the grassroots level sadly this sentiment may not be there.

Edited by LosLobo

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Phuket should have tried that before opening up on the 1st July

How may visitors arrived in the Sandbox and how many got infected?

88 out of over 28,000 visitors making 1.6 billion baht. 

I wouldn’t think they are too worried about the lack of testing before opening. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-sandbox-draws-28000-travellers-1-634-billion-baht

Edited by Kadilo

49 minutes ago, Pravda said:

There is so much superstition's in Thailand. Rumour's rounding in rural area's and many people are afraid to take vaccine! Like my mother in law , she dont want take vaccine. Wife even not tell her she get her first AZ jab because dont want hear bla bla bla!

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

How may visitors arrived in the Sandbox and how many got infected?

No idea, how many tested positive after the second or third test, its in the stats if you want to look.

However thats zero to do with testing in the community before opening up to see if there was a spread brewing only to then have to close schools, businesses, entertainment venues.

EDIT: As normal you edit the post after I've already responded. 

Have you been here? I can tell you otherwise and so can those still having food handouts.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No idea, how many tested positive after the second or third test, its in the stats if you want to look.

However thats zero to do with testing in the community before opening up to see if there was a spread brewing only to then have to close schools, businesses, entertainment venues.

Yeah I dug them out and added them. 

It’s everything to do with it. It was a success in their eyes, so whatever they should have done and didnt do as far as you’re concerned would be irrelevant to them. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

It’s everything to do with it. It was a success in their eyes, so whatever they should have done and didnt do as far as you’re concerned would be irrelevant to them. 

“We can’t continue this way. Hotels are suffering losses. What we need is ‘freedom day’ on Dec 1,” said Nantida Atiset, Vice President of International Marketing at the Phuket Tourist Association.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/dying-to-re-open-phuket-business-leaders-push-for-dec-1-full-re-opening-81358.php

Sinopharm lined up as alternative for children amid concern over Pfizer

Sinopharm may be offered as an alternative vaccine for children before schools reopen on November 1, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said on Tuesday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40006126

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Really some odd replies from you.

Must be heavily invested in some beach property you bought from MLM.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Tuesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,406,542 with 14,621 deaths.

Yet I see and hear of more covid infections around me today than I did 6 months ago?

6 months ago we used to hear the odd rumour of someone with an infection who had been shipped off to hospital.

Now everyone I know or almost every Soi has someone in home isolation.

I'm sure the figures are being manipulated.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Yet I see and hear of more covid infections around me today than I did 6 months ago?

6 months ago we used to hear the odd rumour of someone with an infection who had been shipped off to hospital.

Now everyone I know or almost every Soi has someone in home isolation.

I'm sure the figures are being manipulated.

Funny that.I live in sin cityand know of none. Must be your neighbourhood.

• Like 1

To focus on "new cases" (with or without symptoms) makes absolutely no sense, as anyone with math skills for 5 cents should understand:

Many tests, many cases. Less tests, less cases.

Relevant data would show the cases in relation to the number of tests.

Example:

1000 tested, 500 cases. Infection ratio = 50 percent.

10000 tested, 500 cases. Infection ratio = 5 percent.

As I said in another post, the virus does not only kill people, it seems to kill math skills too.

Since the outbreak started, we have billions of experts and millions of epidemiologists.

For all others I recommend to have a look at the study, made by John P A Ioannidis, peer-reviewed and pubished by the WHO

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.20.265892.pdf

Ioannidis worked with official data (accepted by WHO) and found a infection fatality rate (IFR) of 0.23 (global) and 0.05 for aged under70.

After new data he corrected the IFR to 0.15-0.2 (global) and 0.03-0.04 (under 70).

7 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Funny that.I live in sin cityand know of none. Must be your neighbourhood.

You just don't pay much attention then to what is happening around you, either that or your circle of friends is small if you don't know of anyone who has been infected. Actually, I would have to say your one of the lucky few. To many, plus family of ours have been infected and even passed on.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A reporter covering the Government House tested positive for #COVID19 on Tuesday, leading the PM Office to order all reporters out of the Government House immediately. The reporter is believed to have trailed both PM Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha and Deputy Premier Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1437668968492273664

PM advisor Nattariya Taweewong said Tuesday that in the future Government House beat reporters and photographers will be required to have regular ATK tests before allowing in. It's not clear as of press time when journalists will be allowed back inside the Government House again.

This is where mass regular testing, as encouraged in the UK, with ATK comes into play in suppressing the spread of the virus. Maybe the government might change tact now it's come close to home, so to speak. 

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You just don't pay much attention then to what is happening around you, either that or your circle of friends is small if you don't know of anyone who has been infected. Actually, I would have to say your one of the lucky few. To many, plus family of ours have been infected and even passed on.

OP was refering to his locality.I refered to mine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Cases for the most part are decreasing which is welcomed as long as it is truthful and not fictitious in nature.  However, the Phuket numbers seem to be hanging in the 200's daily instead of dropping down.  I will wait to see if there is still the ongoing yo-yo porpoise effect occurring later on when the provincial numbers come out.  As we made our donation deliveries this past Sunday I was told that many people in the side sois have been contacted by the BMA and have been tested using the ATK test kits, as well as the mobile bus driving around and inoculating/vaccinating folks.  Seems like the BMA is trying to stay on top of the spread and cases here in BKK which is a good thing.  Tried several times to register the GF yesterday and all of the sites would not accept her information as she has a NON-LA visa and extension.  Made a phone call to the hotline and was told that she will need to wait until they get to her age group....why?????.  Was told by another location that she could get a sinovac and then a AZ vaccine, but due to her medical issues that is a no-go.  Would like for her to get the Pfizer or even Moderna, which by the way she was given her refund for from the hospital we had registered her at for the Moderna.  Oh well, lets see what happens, but it sure seems the Government is intent on reopening in just a little over two weeks according to some of the business folks I have been speaking with.  

Perhaps I'm not up to speed, why is Sinovac/AZ a no go?