Thailand to be connected to China by rail - developments in trade this year - High Speed train finished 2028

webfact

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

Perfect for the PLA to move troops,  in case the Southern Provinces formerly known as SEA should dare to disobey Beijing at some point in the future. 

I reckon it could be disabled easily and rapidly, unless the "welcome" signs are out on display.

58 minutes ago, wombat said:

i dont think you are seeing the whole picture

gold.jpg

Where does it say NEW WORLD CURRENCY ? Big difference ... the ad suggests that the Yuan can be used or obtained easily anywhere or used  all over the world...same as other big currencies...and is available in Thailand now...nothing sinister there about being the NEWWORLD currency.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Do not know how wise it is of Thailand to keep cozying up with China when there is brewing trouble between China and the world. US, UK and AU just signed a new pack to counter China.

Go with China, Thailand can forget about Western help and last time i checked it was the West that came to rescue each and every time with no strings attached.

I'm puzzled by the idea that the west "rescued" Thailand ( or it would have been Siam back then ). Perhaps you can give an example of such.

If referring to WW2, the Americans defeated Japan and the Japanese troops in Siam left, but I know of no Allied invasion of Siam to "rescue" them. Far as I know, American military involvement in Siam consisted of bombing the railway.

• Like 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm puzzled by the idea that the west "rescued" Thailand ( or it would have been Siam back then ). Perhaps you can give an example of such.

If referring to WW2, the Americans defeated Japan and the Japanese troops in Siam left, but I know of no Allied invasion of Siam to "rescue" them. Far as I know, American military involvement in Siam consisted of bombing the railway.

You get puzzled quite easily. I do not recall China sending billions in aid during Tsunami, or donating millions during the floods, or seeing chinese divers helping with cave rescue and list goes on, but you can remain puzzled

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

You get puzzled quite easily. I do not recall China sending billions in aid during Tsunami, or donating millions during the floods, or seeing chinese divers helping with cave rescue and list goes on, but you can remain puzzled

Far as I know that is called AID because that is what it is , but I would not have described it as a "rescue".

I shall continue to be puzzled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Far as I know that is called AID because that is what it is , but I would not have described it as a "rescue".

I shall continue to be puzzled.

ohh so sorry you get mixed up with words, Indeed continue to remain puzzled????

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Tip of the iceberg mate.

When Evergrande goes down it will start to take some of the huge Chinese banks with it.

Some of those banks have huge investments in things like loans and government bonds here in Thailand. They will start offloading those. Value of them will plummet. 

Thai central bank will be forced to start buying them up but will eventually run out of money.

Thailand starts printing Baht like its going out of fashion. Currency collapses.

China still wants its money back but will now accept goods and services rather than money.

Deep water naval port on the west coast? No problem.

We want a military airport there. No problem.

We want control of your water and electricity suppliers. Take them.

Still got some hardwood trees in those national parks. They are yours.

Hell China will probably take the few remaining wild tigers as well.

Thailand will become a Chinese colony.

Us westerners will be invited to leave at that point.

China is already doing these things in some african countries. They got themselves up to their necks in debt to China building railways and roads they didnt need but powerful people got rich from the brown envelopes involved.

That's a very well explained long answer. I hope it doesn't boil down to that bleak picture, but for sure, it is a concern. 

• Like 1