Whats happened on this forum ?

Social Media

11 hours ago, madmen said:

It's pretty much the same 20 posters driving the hate on the forums. Miserable old gits stuck near a jungle somewhere with nothing better do 24/7

Yep, and more than a few have passive-aggressive personalities.

One post they are obnoxious jerks, then they say something nice which lowers some folks' guard.

Their views and opinions are the only ones they will tolerate. What a pathetic life they must live.

I have systematically put them on Ignore. Sadly, they don't know they are being ignored.

But, if lots and lots of us would put them on ignore, well, eventually they would figure it out and go away. We all know who they are......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Lots of little cliques who tend to jump on anyone who opposes their views in what they perceive to be “their” thread. 

I agree with what you said. It was particularly apparent on world news when it existed, but one "side" was so dominant that the other "side" more or less gave up, and the dominant "side" ended up talking to each other. Hardly conducive to a robust debate.

Perhaps it was an example of "cancel culture" before such a term became popular in media speak.

Personally I'm happy that world news got the fate it IMO deserved- oblivion.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Yep, and more than a few have passive-aggressive personalities.

One post they are obnoxious jerks, then they say something nice which lowers some folks' guard.

Their views and opinions are the only ones they will tolerate. What a pathetic life they must live.

I have systematically put them on Ignore. Sadly, they don't know they are being ignored.

But, if lots and lots of us would put them on ignore, well, eventually they would figure it out and go away. We all know who they are......

I agree, but I think I may be referring to a different clique than yourself, or not. I haven't read enough posts from yourself to know which side of the divide you are on.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

1 hour ago, GrandPapillon said:

plenty of angry people on every Thai forums, twitter or Facebook

plain boring, with nothing to say or add so they try to create their own personality by mocking on spelling and other petty details ????

People need to vent, and in too many cases people can't vent to other people in person, so they do it on anonymous forums.

Nothing unusual there. In the past they might have done it down the pub, but in these strange times that's often not possible.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree, but I think I may be referring to a different clique than yourself, or not. I haven't read enough posts from yourself to know which side of the divide you are on.

Well, here's your answer.....

Neither.

• Like 2

I don't take this forum serious so need or desire to give my reasoning or explanation for why things are the way they are. Each to their own. I do ask at times and generally get some valuable info which I am looking for and do appreciate.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

There's way more animosity online from left-wing nutjobs.  They're more numerous, more persistent and far more tolerated/enabled by various platforms.

But the OP was talking about people on the forum asking about visa info and things like that, and getting answers such as:

responses are mostly ridicule, insulting, accusing the OP of lying, is saying "x", is not sayingyx", has a hidden agenda,, or is being paid to post, and more.

I would say there are a lot of pro-Trump, and conspiracy theorists having waaay too much time on their hands, researching conspiracy theories for half the day, and then coming here on TVF and seeing every thread/post in a similar way.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThLT said:

But the OP was talking about people on the forum asking about visa info and things like that, and getting answers such as:

I would say there are a lot of pro-Trump, and conspiracy theorists having waaay too much time on their hands, researching conspiracy theories for half the day, and then coming here on TVF and seeing every thread/post in a similar way.

Still on that Trump bad bandwagon I see. You do know he's not president anymore, don't you?

• Like 2