2nd shots at Promenada this week, any reports?

Monkol

I can't answer your question, but I'm due to go tomorrow (30th) for my second shot.

One would presume that this time they know who is due to turn up and everyone arriving will already be registered so the process should be quicker...

For example, I'm guessing you won't need to fill in the consent form again.

I plan to get there about 8am which is about to same time I arrived for my first jab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is this somewhere that I can get a Pfizer injection? I am 77 year old New Zealander with lung disease. I also have Thai citizenship which seems to default me from some expat sites.  So Far I have still not had any vaccine, Sinovec it seems to me is a waste of time and I am afraid of Astrazeneca. I have booked a Medina but that’s probably going to be January February next year

Yep, I went this morning arrived about 10 out by 10:47. I was a bit annoyed having to fill in the same form again with the exact same info...silly...but then I'm easily annoyed. I annoy myself all day long. Writing that just annoyed me. I think you can probably go tomorrow and get a first jab if you haven't had one. Certainly you will get the info. I'm not sure what time they close down today.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nickcar said:

Is this somewhere that I can get a Pfizer injection? I am 77 year old New Zealander with lung disease. I also have Thai citizenship which seems to default me from some expat sites.  So Far I have still not had any vaccine, Sinovec it seems to me is a waste of time and I am afraid of Astrazeneca. I have booked a Medina but that’s probably going to be January February next year

Contact the group doing the Promenada program. They put out at least one phone number for people to call if they don’t fit into the schedule of the announced vaccination events. I saw number here on forum in a post from Ben Sastri(?) who was kind enough to post screen shots from a Chiang Mai Facebook group that was set up for vaccination info. Near bottom of second screenshot. 

Went last week, 23rd. Thought it would be smooth sailing but they consolidated some of the first shot groups so more people than on the day I went for the first shot. Then computer system went down just before I got through queue. So twice as long as first time. The master of ceremonies, who reminds me of many Swiss hotel gm’s I have met at work was in fine form. Patiently repeating info, urging people to move into the smaller queue, and jumping in when they gave queue numbers to people (when they had to pause for the computer problem) and some people rushed the poor nurses handing out numbers. Had to laugh when he chastised me for missing the restart by a couple of minutes, told him I was back before the time he had announced so it was his mistake, not mine. That quieted down his bossiness, but I’m sure he was a part of the reason that everything went pretty well with this program and thanks to him for volunteering.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, islandguy said:

Went last week, 23rd. Thought it would be smooth sailing but they consolidated some of the first shot groups so more people than on the day I went for the first shot. Then computer system went down just before I got through queue. So twice as long as first time. The master of ceremonies, who reminds me of many Swiss hotel gm’s I have met at work was in fine form. Patiently repeating info, urging people to move into the smaller queue, and jumping in when they gave queue numbers to people (when they had to pause for the computer problem) and some people rushed the poor nurses handing out numbers. Had to laugh when he chastised me for missing the restart by a couple of minutes, told him I was back before the time he had announced so it was his mistake, not mine. That quieted down his bossiness, but I’m sure he was a part of the reason that everything went pretty well with this program and thanks to him for volunteering.

As useless as a butler ???? that's how I call him

2 hours ago, bamboozled said:

Yep, I went this morning arrived about 10 out by 10:47. I was a bit annoyed having to fill in the same form again with the exact same info...silly...but then I'm easily annoyed. I annoy myself all day long. Writing that just annoyed me. I think you can probably go tomorrow and get a first jab if you haven't had one. Certainly you will get the info. I'm not sure what time they close down today.

Reminds me of the army why to make things easy when you can make them difficult as well. Hurry, hurry and then let you sit on the tarmac for 2 hrs in full gear with parachute.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nickcar said:

If you are over 60 , you can just do a walk-in at Promenada for Pfizer.

Not sure whether there are still anymore walk-ins in the future, so better hurry.

Edited by EricTh

13 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I'm going Sunday for my second shot.

Did you have any side effects?

Enjoy your weekend!

They only side-effects I have is a slightly sore shoulder and a bit swollen, too. But less sore/swollen than with the first shot. For that one, I felt like I had a charlie horse for a week. But not flu symptoms or anything like that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bamboozled said:

They only side-effects I have is a slightly sore shoulder and a bit swollen, too. But less sore/swollen than with the first shot. For that one, I felt like I had a charlie horse for a week. But not flu symptoms or anything like that.

Excellent ????.

Thanks.  I'm sure forward to being a little protected.

Just waiting for Moderna for my wife and Yai.

Be safe!

• Like 1

I must got an email saying this:

Dear, sir/madam

If you are a foreigner (at least 40 years old or older) and have never been vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine), you can come to the vaccination site of the McCormick Hospital on 5st October at 9.00 am. 

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

Covid-19 Response Team

Chiang Mai Public Health Office.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

I must got an email saying this:

Dear, sir/madam

If you are a foreigner (at least 40 years old or older) and have never been vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine), you can come to the vaccination site of the McCormick Hospital on 5st October at 9.00 am. 

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

Covid-19 Response Team

Chiang Mai Public Health Office.

Oh, so it seems they have lowered the age limit from 60 to 40 now.

Most of the 60s and above would have been vaccinated by now.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:13 PM, MrJ2U said:

Didn't they know who you were for gods sake!

As a volunteer working those vaccinations, I can tell you there are two reasons to fill out the form again:

1.  People's health can change over the 3 weeks

2.  You still need to sign your authorization/approval for the them to give you the shot (like any medical treatment).

Medically it makes sense even though you think it is inconvenient.  Look at it from the Chiangmai Public Health Office's viewpoint.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cnx1204 said:

As a volunteer working those vaccinations, I can tell you there are two reasons to fill out the form again:

2.  You still need to sign your authorization/approval for the them to give you the shot (like any medical treatment).

Medically it makes sense even though you think it is inconvenient.  Look at it from the Chiangmai Public Health Office's viewpoint.

No kidding.

It was a joke.

I can understand them taking all the information again and I'm happy to give it to them.

On 10/1/2021 at 5:30 PM, cnx1204 said:

Correct, if you read it carefully they ask questions about the last 10 days or so.

2 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

No, even less pain in the shoulder than the first shot, but you can notice (I can) your body is reacting.

Less pain for me also in the shoulder.

Headache in the evening.

I just passed out around 9:00 am.  

Felt great the next day.

Big relief despite news today that its potency wavers after 6 months.

• Like 1