Beware parasites that can get under the skin, warns leading Thai doctor

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News published some warnings this rainy season about different kinds of parasites with the help of Dr Dorn Wattanakunpanich of Mahidol university. 

He said that many parasites thrive in Thailand in the humid conditions always made worse by the wet weather each rainy season.

He identified one of the culprits as "hookworm" or Phayati Pak Khor in Thai.

These are prevalent all over Thailand but especially in the south when children who have direct contact with earth may contract them.

They can crawl under the skin in exposed areas like feet.

Then they can congregate in intestines and grab the food and nutrition from the host creating other problems.

Some parasites live in and thrive on blood and can be seen in areas under the skin, as in a scary looking photo published by Daily News. 

People were also advised to eat their food hot not raw so as to kill parasites that dwell in items such as meat. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

Hookworms could protect troops against bioweapons and others against coeliac's disease and type-2 diabetes.

On collecting hookworms from volunteers, “It’s a <deleted>ty job,” Prof Loukas laughed.

Cairns-grown hookworms could protect troops against bioweapons | Tropic Now - Cairns News

Edited by LosLobo

17 minutes ago, Joeb said:

This is real. I have had two cases of parasite infections in the last 3 months. Both started with very small cuts on a finger. First one was a ringwork type infection and the finger looked kind of like the picture in the article. Second one was a different kind that caused my hand to swell up. Both treated with Ivermectin and were gone in about 48 hours. Hmmm, haven't caught Covid either. Proof that Ivermectin must be a wonder drug. 

Should recommend this to each farang, before boarding an aircraft and meeting their next "under the skin" thai girl.

• Haha 1

those just under skin are the easiest to spot and fast treat.

More dangerous are those which thrive inside body for years, tens of years, without giving any apparent symptoms, until it's too late to remove or even control them.

I don't think rainy season is more dangerous, but lowering hygiene standards is.

Still, several anti-parasitic's are easily available in every pharmacy, cheap and can be self-administered without side effects. Some of them, like mentioned ivermectine, as well as niclosamide, have also antiviral properties   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

What viral diseases is ivermectin indicated for?

numerous once, there is scientific research and clinical experience for over 10 years (including sars-1, dengue, mers).

Do exclude from your search "covid-19" and set results before april 2020, to remove results related to covid 19.

here is one example of such search

https://www.google.com/search?q=ivermectin+virus+-covid-19&newwindow=1&sxsrf=AOaemvIcASDvMaGZqAXeudRYkcBrq4EfCg%3A1632965460051&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A01.01.2000%2Ccd_max%3A25.03.2020&tbm=

This topic is about skin parasites, which I have expanded to include internal once.

I am not sure why you bother to reply to my posts, if I have asked you not to do so, as I don't have pleasure interacting with you. Thanx once again in advance

Edited by internationalism

20 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Farang be aware.

Parasites get into your mind and leave you with empty pockets.

Only those whose brains are in their pants suffer from this kind of parasite.  

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

And still in Thailand they make the "very special" fish sauce, pla raa ?

It could be loaded with parasites, bacteria and so on. You ever see how they make it?

I did in a docu and where they warned about the sauce containing parasites,

where pieces of rotten fish are still floating in the liquid and has the smell of rotten fish.

Sorry, no pla raa for me. 

True story ; Sitting at a small beach restaurant, a Russian tourist lady shouted to the owner, you should empty your bin, it smells awful ! reply was " It's not the bin! staff are making their lunch" :cheesy: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

numerous once, there is scientific research and clinical experience for over 10 years (including sars-1, dengue, mers).

Do exclude from your search "covid-19" and set results before april 2020, to remove results related to covid 19.

here is one example of such search

https://www.google.com/search?q=ivermectin+virus+-covid-19&newwindow=1&sxsrf=AOaemvIcASDvMaGZqAXeudRYkcBrq4EfCg%3A1632965460051&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A01.01.2000%2Ccd_max%3A25.03.2020&tbm=

This topic is about skin parasites, which I have expanded to include internal once.

I am not sure why you bother to reply to my posts, if I have asked you not to do so, as I don't have pleasure interacting with you. Thanx once again in advance

And did that research ever proceed to ivermectin being used as a treatment for pseudorabies? Most pharmaceutiicals that do well in vitro don't succeed in actual trials. So this is proof of nothing. It's the same kind of nonsense that claims that because ivermectin worked in vitro against the covid virus, albeit at much much higher concentrations that are normally administered to humans and other mammals, that is proof that it will work clinically.

As for your not soliciting my comments...do you understand that this is an open forum? Do you understand what the means? 

Parasites that get under your skin?

I contracted one once. Wasn't pretty.

Commonly abbreviated as MIL, it's scientific nomenclature is Mamamonsterus inlawis. It is known to come in many mutations.

Luckily I eventually got rid of it by treating myself with a large dose of divorce., the one and only effective therapy against this vile critter.

• Haha 2