Truck driver accidentally runs over and kills his wife at a Chonburi gas station

webfact

tpn.jpg

PHOTO: Kaoded Chonburi

By Goong Nang(GN)

Chonburi – A 45-year-old woman has been pronounced dead after she was run over by a truck driven by her husband inside a gas station in Mueang Chonburi yesterday morning (September 29th).

The Mueang Chonburi Police was notified of the accident at 8:00 A.M. inside a gas station on Bypass Road in Na Pa, Mueang Chonburi.

Rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a large parked trailer truck in the gas station. The body of Mrs. Roong Fah Panmanee, 45, was found under the truck.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/30/truck-driver-accidentally-runs-over-and-kills-his-wife-at-a-chonburi-gas-station/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 5

7 minutes ago, ronster said:

Just how ? If she got out with the son to go to the shop then did she walk in front of it and he immediately started driving the moment she got out ?  

From the full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/30/truck-driver-accidentally-runs-over-and-kills-his-wife-at-a-chonburi-gas-station/:

“We stopped at the gas station but I could not find a place to park the truck as there were a lot of vehicles. I moved the truck slowly after my wife and son got out of the cab to purchase some items from the station convenience store. She might have walked very close to the truck while I was moving and I was unable to see her.” Tanongsak stated.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, metisdead said:

From the full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/30/truck-driver-accidentally-runs-over-and-kills-his-wife-at-a-chonburi-gas-station/:

“We stopped at the gas station but I could not find a place to park the truck as there were a lot of vehicles. I moved the truck slowly after my wife and son got out of the cab to purchase some items from the station convenience store. She might have walked very close to the truck while I was moving and I was unable to see her.” Tanongsak stated.

Yeah I got that , but she must have got out and basically stood beside it while he hard turned left or she got out and was walking slowly directly in front of it while possibly looking at her phone and he just didn’t bother looking around before he started moving . 
Tragic but basic driving skills would stop it from happening if he had any sense of spacial awareness or his surroundings. I’m sure the station cctv will have it on camera to clear it up in his case .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ronster said:

Yeah I got that , but she must have got out and basically stood beside it while he hard turned left or she got out and was walking slowly directly in front of it while possibly looking at her phone and he just didn’t bother looking around before he started moving . 
Tragic but basic driving skills would stop it from happening if he had any sense of spacial awareness or his surroundings. I’m sure the station cctv will have it on camera to clear it up in his case .

Spatial awareness, thats a novel idea to be put the the driving test

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Makes it easier to understand but still don’t get why she was walking in front of the truck as the 7-11 appears to be straight ahead as she gets out , as you can see near the end where the truck is facing straight at it when stopped after the accident. 

14 hours ago, ronster said:

Just how ? If she got out with the son to go to the shop then did she walk in front of it and he immediately started driving the moment she got out ?  

Short on details isn't it. Are we all desperate to assign blame and start our 'Thai drivers' rants.....

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, metisdead said:

who belives this statement from the DRIVER ??????

• Sad 1