90 day report is due one month before my extension

My 90 day is do for reporting mid December.  I can not start my renewal process for Retirement extension until January.

I am thinking (dangerous for me) that what will happen is that I will get a partial 90 day and then have to redo it when I get my extension.

Is this the process or are the 90 days separate from the extensions.?

4 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

thanks was not sure lol

Then again up to immigration person after I give her a smile and tellher how beautiful she is lol

Never works for me.

Of course if dates sometimes match in the timeframe then report and extension can be done at same trip.

I suggest that you just do your 90 report as if extension was not even due.

Unrelated....but the smile never hurts. At my last extension I made comment that the io had all items such as stapler etc etc all the same color coordinated. Not funny but she found it hilarious.

She proceeded to fill out those "extra forms" for me and I just signed. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Faced the same situation here in Chiang Mai.   Went to IO to do 90 day report.  No issues.  They did, however, stamp my 90 day report slip with a one line notice that my extension would expire on : ——————— and they filled in the date.  Just a friendly reminder.  The 90 day report is, as we know, a reflection of our whereabouts for the previous 90 days.  Not a notice advising IMM that we’ll be here for the next 90 days!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Is this the process or are the 90 days separate from the extensions.?

Totally separate, when you do your 90 day report you will be given another 90 days, basically it's an address check...

Your extension is another thing entirely and runs on it's own expiry date.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Totally separate, when you do your 90 day report you will be given another 90 days, basically it's an address check...

I am in the same position. 90 Day due now, annual extension next month. Immigration do another 90 Day Reporting for me when they do my annual extension. Have done this the last 6 years. This is very helpful. 

4 minutes ago, skorts said:

I am in the same position. 90 Day due now, annual extension next month. Immigration do another 90 Day Reporting for me when they do my annual extension. Have done this the last 6 years. This is very helpful. 

The 90 day report is usually confined to 15 days prior to and 7 days after the expiry date.

Not sure why they are doing it outside of those dates when you do your ext'n?

14 minutes ago, skorts said:

So I do not have to report for another 90 days from my extension. 

You have to do your report that is due now.

There is no requirement to do another one when you apply for your extension.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to do your report that is due now.

There is no requirement to do another one when you apply for your extension.

I understand. I don’t ask to do a 90 Day report when I do my extension. The Immigration Officer does this automatically for me. This resets the clock for my next 90 Day report. My wife and I have both had this done by different Immigration Officers for the last 6 annual extensions. 
I see this as a good thing and is helpful as it pushed out the date when I next have to do my 90 Day report. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skorts said:

I understand. I don’t ask to do a 90 Day report when I do my extension. The Immigration Officer does this automatically for me. This resets the clock for my next 90 Day report. My wife and I have both had this done by different Immigration Officers for the last 6 annual extensions. 
I see this as a good thing and is helpful as it pushed out the date when I next have to do my 90 Day report. 

Out of interest....which immigration offices.

8 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Consider making the 90 report six days late the next few times, then your yearly visa extension date would jive with the 90 day schedule and begin to save you the extra trip, no?

Reporting on-line so have to do by due date. No trip to Immigration required unless the on-line system is down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

No He wont hotchilli...... they will not issue a 90 day any longer than a Valid Visa date.

He will get 30 of his 90 and do another 90 when he is doing his Visa.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

No He wont hotchilli...... they will not issue a 90 day any longer than a Valid Visa date.

You are wrong. They will do the 90 day report past his permit to stay date. He will get the full 90 days.

I had one due over 2 weeks after my permit to stay date that I did online last month.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You are wrong. They will do the 90 day report past his permit to stay date. He will get the full 90 days.

I had one due over 2 weeks after my permit to stay date that I did online last month.

Appoligies to Hotchilli-----I have just done it this week, and that was the result, only gave me 60 days on a 90 day as the visa expired. Udon Thani

Thailand--it seems it's Different rules for different towns ............................

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Appoligies to Hotchilli-----I have just done it this week, and that was the result, only gave me 60 days on a 90 day as the visa expired. Udon Thani

Thailand--it seems it's Different rules for different towns ............................

That is also my experience at Korat IO, they will NOT issue a full 90 day past your visa expiration.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skorts said:

NO.

The two are separate.  Doing your extension does NOT reset the 90 day clock.  90 day is due 90 days after the last one, no matter what interactions you've had with immigration in the meantime.  Trust me on this, I got caught out the same way when I did my first extension a few years back.  They will staple a piece of paper in your passport with the new date, that's the one to use.

14 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

NO.

The two are separate.  Doing your extension does NOT reset the 90 day clock.  90 day is due 90 days after the last one, no matter what interactions you've had with immigration in the meantime.  Trust me on this, I got caught out the same way when I did my first extension a few years back.  They will staple a piece of paper in your passport with the new date, that's the one to use.

That is my point. The extension itself does NOT reset the 90 day clock. 
Immigration do my annual extension AND do another 90 Day Report for me whilst I am sat in front of them. They print off my new 90 Day Next Report date and staple it in my passport. 
This then becomes my new report date and this is the one I use. 
Trust me I and my wife have done this for the last  6 years. 

• Thanks 1

seems to differ from office to office.

I did my 90 days in Jomtien last month and got the full 90 days with the reminder that my extension was going to run out on Oct 12.

Today I did my retirement extension but nothing was done to the 90 days reporting date.

BTW I was in and out within 10 minutes. Passport to be picked up tomorrow. Still have to show the bankbook again after 3 months.....

For those of us that have to come back 3 months after extension to show that the money is still in the bank, the system of having your 90-day clock reset at extension time is good, since you can do 90-day and money in one trip.

Since Jomtien until now have not done this, I still did manage to synchronise my dates last year, and as long as I stay in country (looking at you, Covid!), they can remain so. Especially since I do 90-day in person I have a bit of leeway to postpone with a few days every time to get in sync, as mentioned by another poster.

25 minutes ago, skorts said:

That is my point. The extension itself does NOT reset the 90 day clock. 
Immigration do my annual extension AND do another 90 Day Report for me whilst I am sat in front of them. They print off my new 90 Day Next Report date and staple it in my passport. 
This then becomes my new report date and this is the one I use. 

Trust me I and my wife have done this for the last  6 years. 

Same same for me in Korat.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, a340bangla1 said:

seems to differ from office to office.

I did my 90 days in Jomtien last month and got the full 90 days with the reminder that my extension was going to run out on Oct 12.

Today I did my retirement extension but nothing was done to the 90 days reporting date.

BTW I was in and out within 10 minutes. Passport to be picked up tomorrow. Still have to show the bankbook again after 3 months.....

Bingo, how many times have we seen evidence of this fact.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I wonder if doing your 90 day online as opposed to attending in person makes any difference to the next date they give you when your extension is due within the 90 day period ? 

Online the 90 day starts from date you do it.

In person and via mail the 90 count starts from your due date.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Online the 90 day starts from date you do it.

In person and via mail the 90 count starts from your due date.

I was referring to the scenario of your extension being due during the 90 day period they would normally grant but for some of us they are only granting up to the extension date and then issuing a new 90 day date.