Are all Condos in BKK insisting on masks in the gym?

georgey

Had my workout rudely interrupted today & told I had to wear a mask. We have a limit of 5 in the gym (as well as a time limit of one hr), but seldom more than 2 or 3 in there at any one time. I was on the cross-trainer at the time, & would find it really uncomfortable to do aerobic exercise with a mask on. Seems to me to be precious little point re-opening a gym with such restrictions. I'd like to suggest to them that they start making it necessary to book, & limit it to one "household" at a time, but I'm sure this would be rejected as too hard (ie, too much work). Wondering if others are facing the same conditions?

Thank you both for your answers. I'd be especially interested to know where Havefunme's info came from; could be useful in trying to get them to behave rationally.

Sorry. Should have replied to you directly. Did you get that from a reputable source - if so, I'd like to be able to show it to my condo management.

In my condo the gym is small, you have to book in advance for 1 hour max, and it is limited to one person or one family, so it is not necessary to wear a mask. 

There are cleaning sprays/cloths etc to wipe everything down before and after as required.

It seems to work well - you also book the swimming pool on the same basis. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

didnt  the law  say "no when exercising" maybe outdoors  only, although big  fans and open windows would  help, air con wouldnt

I can't find the answer to that expressed clearly anywhere, unfortunately....