UK to accept proof of vaccination in Thailand for several major vaccine brands, including AstraZeneca

webfact

The British Consulate office called me a few days ago and asked if I had managed to get vaccinated. I was able to confirm that I'd had the Sinovac/AZ double, and asked (as Sinovac is accepted almost nowhere) if she had any idea if I'd be able to get a third jab early next year so I could travel to Dubai without problems.

She laughed and laughed. They probably don't even know what will be available next week, let alone next year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

Understand that AZ administered in Thailand is now to be accepted. However, there was the issue that AZ manufactured in Thailand wasn't approved. Has this changed?

My understanding of the previous situation was that Thailand AZ was accepted, The issue was the administration in Thailand. E.g Thai AZ given in Malaysia was not a problem. 

So, I believe we are now all clear for Thai AZ given in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Approved vaccines

You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:

• Oxford/AstraZeneca
  • Pfizer BioNTech
  • Moderna
  • Janssen

No Sinovac or Sinopharm.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1234577-uk-to-accept-proof-of-vaccination-in-thailand-for-several-major-vaccine-brands-including-astrazeneca/

Forward thinking would have procluded these vaccines as business travel will be effected.

They need to make boundries with their love affair with China.

Edited by MrJ2U

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Airline tickets as such have not existed for decades. Thailand will catch up eventually and realise that. It's just taking time....

When saying airlines tickets I assume them to mean a print out of some electronic document showing you have booked a flight. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

So that will mean one of two things..for the rest of time non UK bods who have had the Chinese vaccs will never be allowed into the UK, or quarantine will be around forever? I can't see it.

Or, they could be vaccinated with one that is accepted. Even if it means having more than the usual two. I've had Sinovac and AZ, but will get a second AZ before travel.

16 minutes ago, Pib said:

I expect it's  because a vaccine certificate can be forged easier than a vaccine passport....plus a vaccine passport is in a format that has been in use around the world for many decades to document vaccinations.

The official rubber stamp might not be so easy to forge.

3 minutes ago, Pib said:
8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Airline tickets as such have not existed for decades. Thailand will catch up eventually and realise that. It's just taking time....

When saying airlines tickets I assume them to mean a print out of some electronic document showing you have booked a flight. 

Then they should state airline reservation and not airline ticket.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The official rubber stamp might not be so easy to forge.

Most anything can be forged in this day of graphics software, scanners, and ink jet color printers.   What document is accepted boils down to what documents is required/expected in the country you are entering. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pib said:

I expect it's  because a vaccine certificate can be forged easier than a vaccine passport....plus a vaccine passport is in a format that has been in use around the world for many decades to document vaccinations.

The vaccine certificate used by USA is even easier to forge than the Thai one. I could just ask my printing company to print thousands of these cards and just handwrite on it. There isn't even a QR code.

Why wasn't a vaccine passport issued in the USA?

UWV7BPQ6XBBAXP2N4UOSHW7A4Y.jpg&w=767

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Or, they could be vaccinated with one that is accepted. Even if it means having more than the usual two. I've had Sinovac and AZ, but will get a second AZ before travel.

The Thai government won't give you a second AZ for free because everyone is allocated two shots (except for those medical personnel).

The only way is to pay for it via private hospitals. You should have requested for AZ + AZ when they had the shots before. I have seen people getting Sinovac + Sinovac, AZ + AZ when they made a special request.

5 minutes ago, Pib said:

Most anything can be forged in this day of graphics software, scanners, and ink jet color printers.   What document is accepted boils down to what documents is required/expected in the country you are entering. 

And those documents open to forgery would include the Vaccine Passports, I assume.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And those documents open to forgery would include the Vaccine Passports, I assume.

Vaccine passports are more difficult to forge because it has those watermarks on every internal page that the certs don't have.

It's just like our ordinary passports is difficult to forge but not impossible because it also has those watermarks.

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yeap....even Vaccine Passports...but the Vaccine Passport just carries a more "official" look & feel to it...plus, it's a standardized format vs all the numerous/various formats being used by most countries.  it all boils down to what the country you are entering will accept.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You write as if you are in Bangkok and have a choice. Over 80% of people in Thailand do not live in Bangkok, nor have they had a choice. They might consider themselves lucky to have had any vaccination at all. I as an over 60 (65?) have seen no reason to pay for something that was offered for free (unlike some who have paid weeks ago for Moderna and are still waiting), and I have also seen no mention anywhere that a third dose will be charged for in government hospitals.

I am in Chiang Mai (not Bangkok) and have seen a few people who did have a choice.

It's already mentioned in the Chiang Mai subforum that you can't have a third Pfizer jab if you previously have vaccination before.

There are still many Thai who still haven't got their first or second shot.

Edited by EricTh

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yeap....even Vaccine Passports...but the Vaccine Passport just carries a more "official" look & feel to it...plus, it's a standardized format vs all the numerous/various formats being used by most countries.  it all boils down to what the country you are entering will accept.

Is it in a standardized format on the inside pages? I haven't got any other vaccine passport before.

The most important is the watermarks on every page which makes it more difficult to forge.

Edited by EricTh

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

I am in Chiang Mai (not Bangkok) and have seen a few people who did have a choice.

It's already mentioned in the Chiang Mai subforum that you can't have a third Pfizer jab if you previously have vaccination before.

There are still many Thai who still haven't got their first or second shot.

Okay. I'd be looking at late January to get a third by which time, according to the government, Thailand will be swamped with vaccines of all kinds from all over the world. I wait to see the reality.

36 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Approved vaccines

You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:

• Oxford/AstraZeneca
  • Pfizer BioNTech
  • Moderna
  • Janssen

No Sinovac or Sinopharm.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1234577-uk-to-accept-proof-of-vaccination-in-thailand-for-several-major-vaccine-brands-including-astrazeneca/

Forward thinking would have procluded these vaccines as business travel will be effected.

They need to make boundries with their love affair with China.

Does the UK have a love affair with China?

4 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

The easiest way is, to get an international vaccination certificate for 50 baht. I was in Nontaburi. I put my name on the waiting list in the morning and got the international yellow travel vaccination certificate after 4 hours. They do only 140 certificates per day. You must go early. After I was able to convert this into an EU vaccination certificate in my home country, which is recognized even in many non-EU countries that have not yet made a recognition regulation for vaccinations in Thailand. It's good to read that the slow UK authority get it ready now. This document is important for frequent flyers.

1556746291_Covidpassport20210909.jpg.e6eb9b56b3f391898fe16484456c8644.jpg

it's easy to pre-register in online forms, sending email or calling.

Waiting time around 1h. In the afternoon (after lunch break) at 1pm is less people, than in the morning.

Were you able to convert this yellow pass into european green pass from within thailand or you had to travel to europe?

Did you get any proof from consulate? 

8 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Is it in a standardized format on the inside pages? I haven't got any other vaccine passport before.

The most important is the watermarks on every page which makes it more difficult to forge.

on thai yellow pass there are no watermarks, but it's not easy to forge.

They use special printer which engraves paper. You can see print and dent on the other side of page. You can even see even indent on the next page.

Probably only immigration officers will know about it and use magnifying glass to check it.

Pages have also intricate stitch, which can't be easily forged

2 hours ago, Pib said:

Do they actually have to see airline tickets?   Did you provide such?

I expect many people would like the vaccine passport in preparation of foreign travel....before they have actually made air travel reservation.

Have been with a few mates here in Chiang Mai to get these 'passports' Just said 'travelling later'

Having said that I have heard the booklets here are in short supply and they are only being issued to people who plan to travel soon.

12 minutes ago, internationalism said:

it's easy to pre-register in online forms, sending email or calling.

Waiting time around 1h. In the afternoon (after lunch break) at 1pm is less people, than in the morning.

Were you able to convert this yellow pass into european green pass from within thailand or you had to travel to europe?

Did you get any proof from consulate? 

I'd wait until Monday as it should be clarified then, but it seems that a "vaccine certificate" is all that is required for other non-EU or USA countries so I do not see why Thailand would be a "special case" and something different would be required.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

I'd wait until Monday as it should be clarified then, but it seems that a "vaccine certificate" is all that is required for other non-EU or USA countries so I do not see why Thailand would be a "special case" and something different would be required.

I agree. 

3 hours ago, sharecropper said:

Does anyone reckon a private hospital in Bangkok, where I hope to get my Moderna shots, qualifies as a "national or state-level public health authority"? Doesn't sound like to me. Those words denote a State entity must give the certificate, not the hospital.

I got my Pfizer shots at Medpark hospital in Bangkok (had to drive down from Pathum Thani ) and they issued a certificate on the official letterhead of the Ministry of Public Health.....not the hospital. 

Medpark name only appears down the bottom as place of vaccination. 

This certificate has the much needed 13 digit vaccination ID which I could enter into Mor Prom and works perfectly. 

Check if Medpark are still doing vaccinations.....after my shots by appointment, I think they were doing walk ins. 

• Like 2