UK to accept proof of vaccination in Thailand for several major vaccine brands, including AstraZeneca

webfact

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

it's easy to pre-register in online forms, sending email or calling.

Waiting time around 1h. In the afternoon (after lunch break) at 1pm is less people, than in the morning.

Were you able to convert this yellow pass into european green pass from within thailand or you had to travel to europe?

Did you get any proof from consulate? 

The head office of the health department of Thailand is in Nontaburi, if you go there in the afternoon it is too late. The 140 waiting numbers are assigned from 6:30 in the morning.

I then converted the yellow vaccination book into an EU vaccination certificate in my home country. And this EU certificate allows me to enter the UK, USA, etc. as a "fully vaccinated" person. It's crazy. I had this status before the UK recognized now this status for their own people.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

The rejection of Sputnik-V, Sinovac, and Sinopharm shows the West's utter contempt and hatred for China and Russia to the point where Geo-political posturing and one-upsmanship is more important than global public health. 
Then people ask - "Why are you hesitate? Why are you a skeptic?", and the answer becomes that there is so much duplicity and open deceit in this world that no "authority" can actually be believed. Information becomes misinformation, and disinformation becomes "The Truth."  All things are coached in political nationalism to the detriment of all.
I've lived too long and have seen too much.  What is one word to explain how I feel about all - this?  
In polite company - "Aghast!"

Do Russia and China both allow visitors to enter those countries without quarantine if they have "western" vaccines then?  

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

It was never explained why we need a vaccine passport when the same information was already in the vaccine certificate issued after the jabs.

There are several reasons for this. 1. The yellow international vaccination certificate has been around for a very long time. 2. All border guards know this document. It is standardized in its presentation of vaccines. 3. The yellow vaccination certificate is covered by WHO. 4. It has a perforated security stamp. 5. It is also used for other mandatory entry vaccinations, e.g. for yellow fever vaccinations. 6. The yellow vaccination certificate makes worldwide, international travel easier.

In Thailand itself, the Thai vaccination certificate is enough from the hospital. Unfortunately, every hospital has its own form and presentation. However, when traveling internationally, it is not certain that the border official will recognize the paper. Maybe you're lucky or not. I don't want to rely on that. You are on the safe side with an international vaccination certificate.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, coops said:

The Mor Prom Vaccine Certificate (saved as screenshot in case of App or network problems just in case) or the A4 Certificate of vaccination from Medpark in my case - are perfectly fine for domestic flights. 

I flew Bangkok-Hat Yai on 23rd Sep and had to show my Certs of vaccination at check in.

Another colleague who wasn't vaccinated yet had followed their (Thai Smile) requirements which also allows if you have a Rapid ATK test within 24hrs that has been certified by a Doctor (i.e. you'll need to get it done at a hospital realistically).

It seems that qualifying as vaccinated requires 2x shots of the Chinese stuff.... but 1x of AZ is enough - but best to check with airline on that (i've had 2x AZ).

Sounds good!

My wife corrected me later.

Good idea to get laminated with the humidity and rain.

Some very good deals on domestic flights.

I'm vaccinated but my wife is waiting for Moderna.  Frustrated with the delays.

8 hours ago, smedly said:

I would expect this process to be made a lot easier - perhaps with an online application, as it stands it is unacceptable to have to go in person to Bangkok 

I think it's because of the personnel bottleneck. The yellow vaccination book is for international travel. It is therefore logical that those with current, upcoming trips should be treated first. But overall it is quite cumbersome. In the end, you lose half a day for a piece of paper that takes 5 minutes to produce.

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

The only way is to pay for it via private hospitals. You should have requested for AZ + AZ when they had the shots before. I have seen people getting Sinovac + Sinovac, AZ + AZ when they made a special request.

Wait a moment, I read that they gave private hospitals permission to sell Pfizer vaccines but are you saying they are selling AZ too? If the hospitals are making a profit, that would go some way to explaining the slow progress with the Thai produced AZ product.  AZ's policy is to supply their vaccine on a 'not for profit' basis whilst the situation remains a Pandemic.

I have long suspected that the slow production of the AZ vaccine in Thailand is the result of contractual issues rather than physical production. I would think a partner company, supplying hospitals who are making a profit would lead to exactly those type of issues.

12 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Failing that, if I were to return to the UK does anybody know how quickly I could get fully vaccinated there before returning to Thailand? 

There's walk-in clinics, or your GP if you still have one.

Vaccinated at walk-in, second jab according to the waiting period.

12 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

The easiest way is, to get an international vaccination certificate for 50 baht. I was in Nontaburi. I put my name on the waiting list in the morning and got the international yellow travel vaccination certificate after 4 hours. They do only 140 certificates per day. You must go early. After I was able to convert this into an EU vaccination certificate in my home country, which is recognized even in many non-EU countries that have not yet made a recognition regulation for vaccinations in Thailand. It's good to read that the slow UK authority get it ready now. This document is important for frequent flyers.

1556746291_Covidpassport20210909.jpg.e6eb9b56b3f391898fe16484456c8644.jpg

I wonder where else you can get one?

14 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Where do you get the yellow book from, please?

If you are in Phuket you get it from the courtyard of the Ministry of Public Health at the southeast corner of Narisson and Surin Roads in Phuket Town.  Need copies of your passport photo ID page, and vaccination certificate (issued by your vaccination center or through the hospital that staffed your vaccination center).  Takes 5 days.  Cost 50 baht.

https://goo.gl/maps/A1Z8vohaoJDVJMqY8

4 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Foreigners are forbidden to register for additional vaccines on Thai government sites if you already had two vaccines from them, even if they were Sinovac or Sinopharm and need a recommended booster? In meantime Thais are allowed to register for a single AZ booster for their two Sinovacs, but that also means quarantine for UK trips. There is no way to buy the UK required vaccines in Thailand so only option to travel would be quarantine on arrival after 11-Oct.

But if I can get a Moderna now, and another in 28 days time (on top of my two Sinopharms..if that's safe) then I'm sorted for travelling back at Christmas time?

35 minutes ago, CarlBkk said:

But if I can get a Moderna now, and another in 28 days time (on top of my two Sinopharms..if that's safe) then I'm sorted for travelling back at Christmas time?

Plus 14 days after second shot.

You are not considered fully vaccinated until 14 days after the second shot. The fastest way is with J&J because only 1 shot is needed, but 2 weeks have to pass afterwards also.

But in your case it is possible until christmas. Enough time.

Edited by tomacht8

14 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Neither is Sinopharm.... Even if it was my "Vaccination Certificate" (That's a joke, it's a print out from the hospitals website so could easily be doctored) doesn't include my date of birth so no doubt wouldn't be valid ???? 

Anybody know where I can go & get re-vaccinated at a place that not only has a vaccine that is acceptable for travel to the UK but will also issue a proper vaccine certificate?

Failing that, if I were to return to the UK does anybody know how quickly I could get fully vaccinated there before returning to Thailand?  

Edit: Still great news though & real progress in opening up being able to travel between Thailand & UK ???? 

1st jab on day of arrival and second 24/28 days later

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Wait a moment, I read that they gave private hospitals permission to sell Pfizer vaccines but are you saying they are selling AZ too? If the hospitals are making a profit, that would go some way to explaining the slow progress with the Thai produced AZ product.  AZ's policy is to supply their vaccine on a 'not for profit' basis whilst the situation remains a Pandemic.

I have long suspected that the slow production of the AZ vaccine in Thailand is the result of contractual issues rather than physical production. I would think a partner company, supplying hospitals who are making a profit would lead to exactly those type of issues.

I didn't know that AZ supply their vaccine on a 'not for profit'. 

You might be right, in that case, nobody can get a booster dose of AZ if the government doesn't allow it.

1 hour ago, CarlBkk said:

Bangkok Hospital web-site indicates that patients who have had 2 x Sinopharm jabs only require one Moderna booster:  https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/content/questions-about-moderna-covid-19-vaccine  (towards the bottom of the page). 

That booster to be given three months after completion of the Sinopharm shots. 

Which raises a poser: current UK regulations do not recognise Sinopharm; will that also apply to Sinopharm x 2 + Moderna booster x 1?

That might suggests that expats should have 2 x Moderna shots on top of 2 x Sinopharm (appropriately spaced) to have any chance of hassle/quarantine-free entry into the UK. 

What's the medical view on that - is there a doctor in the house?

10 minutes ago, yang123 said:

Bangkok Hospital web-site indicates that patients who have had 2 x Sinopharm jabs only require one Moderna booster:  https://www.bangkokhospital.com/en/content/questions-about-moderna-covid-19-vaccine  (towards the bottom of the page). 

Which raises a poser: current UK regulations do not recognise Sinopharm; will that also apply to Sinopharm x 2 + Moderna booster x 1?

That might suggests that expats should have 2 x Moderna shots on top of 2 x Sinopharm (appropriately spaced) to have any chance of hassle/quarantine-free entry into the UK. 

That's the tragic thing about it. This is where medical sense collides with immigration bureaucracy. Everyone should seek advice for themselves from a doctor they trust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yang123 said:

That's what I thought too.  So unless the UK change their stance re Sinopharm, this is how it will pan out:

Next Moderna 26/10

Final Moderna 26/11

Travel ok from second week of Dec

But as you said, need a Dr to confirm 4 doses with that spacing is ok.

Just for info Switzerland allow 2 x Sinopharm + 1 x Moderna.

My certificate states "THAILAND NATIONAL CERTIFICATE OF COVID-19 VACCINATION" It is half in Thai and has all my personal details and the vaccination details  in English.

I presume that I will need to have it translated into English and the translation certified by the MFA.

Am I correct?

10 minutes ago, Maybole said:

My certificate states "THAILAND NATIONAL CERTIFICATE OF COVID-19 VACCINATION" It is half in Thai and has all my personal details and the vaccination details  in English.

I presume that I will need to have it translated into English and the translation certified by the MFA.

Am I correct?

I have one of those, too.  It's a bilingual document (Thai and English).  There's no information on the document of importance that's not already in English.  I'm not sure what the translation would get you.  I think you could use that travel domestically and internationally.  I don't know what there is that is missing from that document.  Has your full name in English, Date of Birth, Passport Number, dates and manufacturer of your vaccinations, including lot numbers.  Stamped by a hospital.  Has a QR code that takes you to an online MOPH database that contains the same information about your vaccinations.

There is also a yellow vaccination book that you can get from the Ministry of Public Health for about 50 baht with a 5 day processing time.  Need a copy of your vaccination certificate and a copy of your photo ID passport page to apply for that.

Until there's a widely accepted international standard, I think the Thailand National Certificate you already have and/or the yellow vaccination booklet you can get from MOPH is the best that you can do currently.