UK to accept proof of vaccination in Thailand for several major vaccine brands, including AstraZeneca

webfact

20 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

No mention of natural immunity with your own antibodys which I have and it is better immunity than the vaccine and my antibodys last for at least 20 years , but the vaccine only lasts 6 months , then you will be getting another and another and another   .... etc , I have paperwork proof from a top hospital in thailand I got antibodys but yet am not accepted . But yet double vaccinated people can still spread the virus  , does not make sense and is discriminatory against naturally immune people. And needs changing as we are better immunized than vaccinated people.

Agree! You would be saving yourself and/or the Thai National Health Service some serious cash too! You have raised another good point, review/expiry dates. Will the World at some point simply stop requiring Covid vaccinations/proof of immunity/tests or will we be having to provide these for the rest of eternity? 

20 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

So, if you got Sinovac as a first shot and AZ as the second, how do you get a second AZ shot and a new certificate?

You have to wait until it's announced on Thailandintervac site? That's what hospitals in Bangkok have messaged me. Until now we don't know if it ever will be announced. Those with Thai ID's for their first two jabs have already started a 3rd booster this week.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, CarlBkk said:

But if I can get a Moderna now, and another in 28 days time (on top of my two Sinopharms..if that's safe) then I'm sorted for travelling back at Christmas time?

You cannot get Moderna now? The news from my hospital is imports start in November sometime to be confirmed?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CarlBkk said:

Yeah you're right.  Maybe AZ is a better bet to try.

Afaik the ThailandIntervac is not offering any additional vaccines for foreigners who already took two? Not sure if this applies to your case of two Sinopharm which I think you paid for anyway?

In meantime I see on daily Government report nearly 1.7 million Thais have received a third vaccine. I wonder if foreigners will be allowed in on this and when?

2 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

In meantime I see on daily Government report nearly 1.7 million Thais have received a third vaccine. I wonder if foreigners will be allowed in on this and when?

I expect the great majority of that 1.7M is people who got 2 sinovac jabs when Thailand first started giving jabs (i.e., medical and other key frontline workers).....when they only had Sinovac jabs to give.

On 10/8/2021 at 5:38 AM, Mike Teavee said:

Even if it was my "Vaccination Certificate"

Once you get the one that looks like a " joke"  issued you'll need to bring it to an approved hospital.

Its there you will need copies of that certificate and your passport to get the real passport for travel internationally.

It takes up to a week after submitting the documents.

They'll have the dose #, vaccine,passport details, date,etc on the more official travel passport.

But I think that paper you get after the second jab is fine for domestic travel and eating at restaurants in Bangkok.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Pib said:
21 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I expect the great majority of that 1.7M is people who got 2 sinovac jabs when Thailand first started giving jabs (i.e., medical and other key frontline workers).....when they only had Sinovac jabs to give.

Double Sinovac jabs will be widely spread amongst the entire populous with so many doses administered. The chart below (https://covidtracker-th.netlify.app/) from a couple weeks ago shows 18 million doses of Sinovac. The country has started booster shots for general public at Bang Sue this past week for 2xSinovacs but the registrations are only for Thai not foreigners like me who had 2xSinovac jabs via ThailandIntervac since last June here with no option to get a booster.

1350312942_Screenshot2021-10-10150247.jpg.439b7ebb223c76a3610918c19ab13fd5.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 7:15 AM, robertson468 said:

Or Sinopharm.  Thailand trying to cut corners and failed.

Failed about what? The ordinary Thais absolutely don't care which vaccines are approved for UK entry. It is a case about UK shafting its own citizens.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...