Thailand removed from the UK “red list”, list reduced to only seven countries

webfact

3 hours ago, ronster said:

Won’t make much difference to the numbers coming here I reckon. There might be a rise in people coming around Christmas and new year , but mid January I think it will bomb again till summer . Still too expensive for what it is to come here and if bars are still shut , curfew is still in place and you can’t drink in a restaurant with your meal then forget it !

It's on the turn.

38 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Now all we need is Thailand to do something similar.

I saw Thailand was to remove the quarantine requirement for vaxxed people from 1 November.

Does anyone know if this is actually happening?

Prayut knows; and when I was talking to him and another top level official in a bar a few days ago over a beer he became quite agitated.

I was attempting to hone down on this particular subject of continued quarantine when 2 recent returnees from Isaan came and distracted him. I tried to pay them off but they were obviously eager for a return to their normal business operations, and the discussion faltered.

Once he found out the new t’s+c’s involved with these ‘acquaintances’ he lost interest, resumed our conversation and I finally received an answer. He suggested without actually committing to this that the new system from November 1st would operate in a manner that some of the bars and restaurants have resorted to.

Simply you will have to still quarantine for 7 days but it has to be in a plastic cup with COKE written on the side.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Whilst Thailand has been dropped from the UK Red List, which is excellent news for many who wish to return back to the UK without all the expensive Quarantine Etc,

the question has to asked if Thailand is ready, and capable to receive Tourists from the UK,.

The UK has more or less got the Covid situation under control, with their massive daily testing, excellent Health Service,  Etc.

Thailand on the other hand, has far from gotten on top of the Covid situation in the Country.

A poor regime of testing still  exists for either current possible Infections, or for any potential new Variants that could evolve.

There are large Outbreaks in the Deep South, with all the known Variants in play down there, and now a new Outbreak has been cited in Chantaburi, and this is on top of what appears, at this early stage, to be a resurgence of Delta within the Country.

Thailand has to play a slow game IMO, at least for the near future

Edited by Cake Monster
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I do agree with your point of view. The UK government should therefore acknowledge that vaccines administered in Thailand contribute to the improving situation. They should in that respect approved Sinovac and Sinopharm brands like Australia, Netherlands and others. I do believe that they will eventually. 

To be fair, even Thailand doesn't recognise them.....................Sino/AZ combination should be in there.

26 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I do agree with your point of view. The UK government should therefore acknowledge that vaccines administered in Thailand contribute to the improving situation. They should in that respect approved Sinovac and Sinopharm brands like Australia, Netherlands and others. I do believe that they will eventually. 

It’s been under discussion for a while once Dubai was given the green light. 
I expect they will be approved shortly. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, henry213 said:

Yeah Thais won't need to sit in a box or treated like sh_t they would be welcomed by a smiling polite brit as my wife was way back when she first came to Uk

Oh yes, those notoriously happy and welcoming UK border force, handing out best wishes and garlands to tourists who then go galloping off to the sunlit uplands....

Your hatred of Thailand seems to colour everything you see.

5 hours ago, mvdf said:

One reason less for immigration to consider requests for extension of stay. 

Good, it will get rid of those who have been living here for the last year without meeting the old requirements, like having enough money to live. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

I would now be expecting Thailand to dump the Sandbox style rules for UK travellers and treating visitors exactly the same as UK Green

EU, as far as I know, has Thailand on no quarantine list, yet EU travellers don't get same treatment when entering Thailand.

Why it should be different for BoJo?

Get a ticket and stay in line.

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Does China recognize AZ from the UK for entry there?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Or maybe they saw a different perspective with the increase in vaccine numbers and the falling death rates. 

Thailand currently sitting at 66th in the worldometer ranking table over the past 7 days at 10 deaths/million of population,  2 places below the UK. 

Number of deaths have fallen 18% over the past week. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

What airline did you book?

Get a good fare?