Vaccines not lockdowns helping to reduce COVID-19 cases in Thailand

webfact

11 hours ago, arithai12 said:

You are right, I am vaccinated, why should I care if there are hundreds people dying and Thailand is in lockdown and the economy is in free fall and I have severe restrictions in travel and I can't visit my family since 2 years, yeah sure what do I care, I am vaccinated the rest doesn't matter.

You could have taken your family with you when you left Thailand. You can visit your family after only a 14-day quarantines even if you did not get vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, John Maxida said:

I wonder how they will lie when the population starts to die from vaccines

Well they started giving them out in the UK the beginning of December 2020, some 10 months , and 94 million ago.... if it takes any longer it will be a stretch to make the scaremongers link. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, placeholder said:

There have been plenty of Thai citizens put off by what they read on Social media. Better to be safe and push the hesitant to vaccinate.

Clearly you don't have a clue about why there is such a thing as the field of public health. Do you have a problem with agencies that mandate vaccinations for children?  Does that mean that they are  power mad

Billions of people have trouble with mandating the vaccine for children. Children are at very very low risk. Yes I hear those saying they can infect older people, but adults should protect thier children and not the other way. I wouldn't be surprised in the future many children will say to thier parents "why did you make me take that jab"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tonypandy said:

. I wouldn't be surprised in the future many children will say to thier parents "why did you make me take that jab"

I suppose the same could be said for ailments that have been all but eliminated from most countries, are vaccinations really needed now? I do have reservations on the concept of forcing kids to have the Covid jabs. 

17 hours ago, SymS said:

The sad truth is nobody has any idea why COVID cases go up or down. It just come in waves, even in countries with a high percentage of vaccinated people.

Maybe what they use for testing is somthing to do with this. 

Lockdowns and 83% VAXXed in Singapore is why they do not have surging cases

FjVQA2t.png

Doesn't really matter though because Pharma companies already got their profits.  Who cares what happens after.

Didn't we already go through this with Israel a couple weeks back?  Which other forced vaccine country do you think we will see this happen to next?

Edited by TooMuchTime

18 hours ago, Unify said:

People wearing bulletproof vests sometimes still die of gunshot wounds. Who is foolish enough to say "Why do you worry about where I shoot? If your vest works, why do you care? Why limit my freedom?"

Vaccines prevent the vast majority of deaths, serious medical complications, and a fair percentage of infections. But they don't prevent all.

Therefore, what you put in your body potentially affects the health of those around you. So, your freedom should be balanced with public health interests -- as it is for many other things.things.

It's simplistic and naive to say, "It either works, or it doesn't." 

In other words, if a kindergartner is brave enough to take a vaccine before starting school, what does that make an adult who refuses, based on "freedom and liberty" issues? 

45 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

Lockdowns and 83% VAXXed in Singapore is why they do not have surging cases

FjVQA2t.png

Doesn't really matter though because Pharma companies already got their profits.  Who cares what happens after.

Didn't we already go through this with Israel a couple weeks back?  Which other forced vaccine country do you think we will see this happen to next?

There are 2 reasons Singapore is showing such a high level of infection. Basically they're both due to a very high level of testing.

1) Many industries are now mandated to do frequent covid testing

2)The government handed out home testing kits to its citizens. So those who tested positive, even though asymptomatic rushed to the hospitals to get treatment. They didn't get treated but the results were recorded.

As Singapore has pointed out, the rate of death for the unvaccinated there is 14 times that of the vaccinated.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

Fake! So untrue. Many publications contradict this nonsense of oxygen level that drop. I can even run with a ffp2 mask. No issues at all.

While perhaps it isn't as bad for oxygen or whatnot,

I would be careful to come to the conclusion in the end that face mask would help in breathing either... ????

If you enjoy running around in a mask, keep doing it, personally I find it a negative thing when running.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

There are 2 reasons Singapore is showing such a high level of infection. Basically they're both due to a very high level of testing.

1) Many industries are now mandated to do frequent covid testing

2)The government handed out home testing kits to its citizens. So those who tested positive, even though asymptomatic rushed to the hospitals to get treatment. They didn't get treated but the results were recorded.

As Singapore has pointed out, the rate of death for the unvaccinated there is 14 times that of the vaccinated.

Were the vast majority of deaths also elderly?  Seems like only elderly are dying and are at risk while people under 50 have nearly a 0% chance of dying given ~130 people died from over 150k cases.

23 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

Were the vast majority of deaths also elderly?  Seems like only elderly are dying and are at risk while people under 50 have nearly a 0% chance of dying given ~130 people died from over 150k cases.

First off, your previous post was about the high rate of infection. Now you're pivoting to another issue entirely.

As for that. I don't know what Singapore's breakdown is by age I do know that with the onset of the Delta Variant, younger age groups represent a larger share of the total number of deaths. This is at least partly because the younger you are, the less likely you are to be vaccinated. The overwhelming majority of deaths from covid in the USA now come from the ranks of the unvaccinated even though they are a minority of adults. 

Here's a grah that shows how the distribution changed over time.

image.png.cc202514402010ab56ae9c45fb598bf8.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-09-19/the-delta-wave-is-tough-on-kids-but-deadly-for-the-middle-aged

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

....and a similar irratic PM....????

You cannot compare the two except for the lies   "....and a similar irratic PM....????"   No! The UK PM is nothing like the unelected Thai PM, he has a decent university education and is a properly elected PM where the unelected Thai PM has only a Military Academy education and hasn't the brains or political knowhow of the UK PM.

The only thing they have in common is they are both liars of the worst kind and look after their mega rich friends at the expense of the ordinary people.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sambum said:

I also hear that ordinary cotton face masks do not protect the wearer, but if the wearer is (unknowingly) infected it lessens the possibility of them passing on the virus. What does seem nonsensical to me is making it mandatory for masks to be worn when riding a motor bike - or when driving your car!!!  

"for masks to be worn when riding a motorbike".  That is almost impossible if you are wearing a full face helmet, try it and see.

49 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You cannot compare the two except for the lies   "....and a similar irratic PM....????"   No! The UK PM is nothing like the unelected Thai PM, he has a decent university education and is a properly elected PM where the unelected Thai PM has only a Military Academy education and hasn't the brains or political knowhow of the UK PM.

The only thing they have in common is they are both liars of the worst kind and look after their mega rich friends at the expense of the ordinary people.

Well, you can compare them and in some instances it's not Johnson who emerges favorably. He nearly died because he refused to accept the advice of medical advisors and exposed himself recklessly to infection. And he set a harmful example in so doing. Can't say the same for Prayut. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, you can compare them and in some instances it's not Johnson who emerges favorably. He nearly died because he refused to accept the advice of medical advisors and exposed himself recklessly to infection. And he set a harmful example in so doing. Can't say the samide for Prayut. 

That's just one instance, even the best educated people can be stupid at times. If I lived anywhere there was an election getting held between the two of them for PM, much as I dislike him, Boris would be my choice for PM over Thailands unelected PM any day.

35 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, you can compare them and in some instances it's not Johnson who emerges favorably. He nearly died because he refused to accept the advice of medical advisors and exposed himself recklessly to infection. And he set a harmful example in so doing. Can't say the same for Prayut. 

To be fair they were all doing it at that time, strutting around trying to minimize the emerging pandemic. 

Edited by jacko45k

Just now, placeholder said:

I don't think so. There were just 2 flagrant examples  from the World's economically developed nations Trump and Johnson.

Macron, Jair Bolsonaro, Lukashenko, Duda, Borissov, Mishustin, Prince Albert II.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

He nearly died of covid because he is morbidly obese (or was at the time).

Edited by James105

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Macron, Jair Bolsonaro, Lukashenko, Duda, Borissov, Mishustin, Prince Albert II.

I specified economically developed nations. Not developing nations, or in the case of some underdeveloping  nations. That leaves Macron basically. You really think that the monarch of Monaco is seriously to be considered. A country that encomasses .81 sq miles. And as for Macron, France under him started very early with mask mandating and wearing

https://www.businessinsider.com/macron-debuts-french-themed-face-mask-national-pride-2020-5

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I specified economically developed nations

There are only about 7 of them and I named the leaders of 3, 4 if you include Russia. You said there were only 2, which was incorrect and looking for some argument.. live with it and goodbye.

Edited by jacko45k

50 minutes ago, daxbr said:

Vaccinated people may feel better when infected but their viral load is higher in comparison to the un-vaccinated or those with natural immunity.   Either way, vaccine kills natural immunity.

What does "vaccine kills natural immunity" even mean? That if you've acquired natural immunity and get vaccinated, it undoes the immunity acquired by having had the disease? Recent studies suggest the opposote Getting vaccinated after being ill with covid could actually gives people the highest antibody levels of all.

Or did you mean that vaccinations neutralizes one's resistance to covid.? Really?The State of Pennsylvania recently released it's latest mortality report. 97% of those who died were unvaccinated.