Wise transfers not being processed as International (Specifically Bangkok Bank)

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My reply......

Thanks for your reply but it does'nt address the problem of me selecting "funds for long term stay in Thailand" and it not working anymore. Previously if i selected this "reason for transfer" my transfer was always routed direct to Bangkok bank and not another of your partner banks initially. 

Good, well done for going back, this is the dross of an Indian call centre so it needs to be escalated until it gets to someone decent in the UK

• Like 2

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Re 2. Ian commented a while back that Bangkok Bank don't have control where Wise route which makes sense as transfers are settling in seconds i.e. Wise are sending straight to Kasikorn

Well, Wise says something changed with the partner bank, but the partner bank says it is a Wise issue.  Better someone in the know is aware that there appears to be a stalemate.  

10 minutes ago, gearbox said:

After a few email exchanges with the Wise support they tagged my account to use Bangkok bank. I sent 2k AUD yesterday from my Australian bank and they arrived 18 hours later in my Bangkok Bank account marked as "International transfer", so whatever they've done works for me....for now.

Just sent another 3k AUD, will see how this would come tomorrow.

That 3k transfer may not arrive on a weekend since it's now tagged for BBK..it may not arrive until Monday.

I wonder if the issue is also with the "Buying Property option"

We are in the process of maybe (really maybe) buying a Condo in Pattaya to use when we both get older, and it would be in my name, so for that I have prove to the Land office that the money originates from abroad! And thus the necessity of the FTT booking in my Bank Book!!

Or am I stuck transferring via my "normal" bank (via their expensive service) and the Swift System?

On 10/14/2021 at 11:40 AM, Excel said:

yes me too this week got FTT. Something is amiss

Well after the various posts I thought I would ask Wise if there policy has changed specifically regarding their "tagging" to ensure money goes to Bangkok Bank and denoted as FTT, irrespective of the transfer I did Tuesday was shown as FTT.

The reply was;

We have checked your account with our relevant team and it's still tagged.
Our policy has not been changed.
You can ask for a FET form from the partner bank that we paid your money out from.
You can check which bank this is on your transfer receipt. To find it:

1.    Go to the transfer in the Activity section of your Wise account

2.    Click View transfer details.

3.    Click Download PDF receipt.

4.    Go to the second page to find banking partner details.

On checking the transfer details their partner bank was indeed Bangkok Bank so in my case nothing has changed and still receiving credits as FTT.  You will note that Wise confirmed that their policy has not changed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I wonder if the issue is also with the "Buying Property option"

We are in the process of maybe (really maybe) buying a Condo in Pattaya to use when we both get older, and it would be in my name, so for that I have prove to the Land office that the money originates from abroad! And thus the necessity of the FTT booking in my Bank Book!!

Or am I stuck transferring via my "normal" bank (via their expensive service) and the Swift System?

try it and find out, maybe it works and you've found a solution, send £50

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well after the various posts I thought I would ask Wise if there policy has changed specifically regarding their "tagging" to ensure money goes to Bangkok Bank and denoted as FTT, irrespective of the transfer I did Tuesday was shown as FTT.

The reply was;

You can ask for a FET form from the partner bank that we paid your money out from.

On checking the transfer details their partner bank was indeed Bangkok Bank so in my case nothing has changed and still receiving credits as FTT.  You will note that Wise confirmed that their policy has not changed.

Its not s policy change its a payment method that is involved

4 hours ago, norbra said:

Sorry, Currently Thats all the information I have 

I just found out from another thread, I just need to change reason for transfer from 'Long Term Stay In Thailand' to something else and transfer changes to KBank from one working day to seconds to transfer. I did this today and it worked whereas last month I didn't have this issue. In past I always used 'Long Term Stay In Thailand'  out of habit.

I couldn't see benefit of 'Long Term Stay In Thailand' before but used it anyway, perhaps now with a days delay it has some use to id incoming foreign transfers?

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, TimBKK said:

I asked Wise 3 questions about this issue:

1. Do you confirm that selecting “funds for long term stay in Thailand” no longer assures that Bangkok Bank will be the selected partner bank for a transfer?

2. What changed at Wise such that selecting “funds for long term stay in Thailand” no longer operates as Wise originally intended? It worked for two years, until last week.

3. Can you confirm that “tagging” an account to only use Bangkok Bank (BBL) as the partner bank is the only way to ensure, without fail, that Bangkok Bank is actually used?

Their response (take particular note of #3):

1. If a customer selects "Buying Property Abroad" or "Funds For Long Term Stay in Thailand", their payments will automatically be routed through Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn Bank. So it is not always guaranteed that Bangkok Bank will be the selected partner bank for these transfer. There can be unforeseen scenario where a certain partner might be facing a technical issue and the system will route the payment via another available partner to ensure same day delivery.

2. In regards to what changed, it is something that we are still looking into with our partners to check on what changed on their end.  [FYI @ianguygil]

3. "Tagging" an account to only use Bangkok Bank to pay out THB does not work 100%. If there are any unforeseen events, our system will have to route the payment another via another available partner to ensure delivery. 

We are more than happy to help our customers that reach out to us so we can tag their account, but we cannot always 100% guarantee that Bangkok Bank will be the partner to delivery the payment.

The response especially to number 1 is crazy. WISE only uses K Bank and BKK Bank, so why do they have this option if it can go to either bank? The sole purpose of that option was to make sure it only went to BKK. They are just giving standard answers in their manuals to questions and trying to match them up as best they can. Pathetic!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gearbox said:

After a few email exchanges with the Wise support they tagged my account to use Bangkok bank. I sent 2k AUD yesterday from my Australian bank and they arrived 18 hours later in my Bangkok Bank account marked as "International transfer", so whatever they've done works for me....for now.

Just sent another 3k AUD, will see how this would come tomorrow.

If it didn't come instantly, you should be ok. By the way, tomorrow is Saturday.

48 minutes ago, Excel said:

The reply was;

Nothing has changed with the tagging option/procedure and we knew that.

What has changed is the reason for long term stay option that no longer automatically transfers the money only to BKK bank. That is the issue and has always been the issue. Thanks for keeping u updated.

46 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

try it and find out, maybe it works and you've found a solution, send £50

Thx, but after reading this thread it's really a hit and miss at the moment. Sometimes yes sometimes no!

So yes, maybe my GBP50 will come as a FTT but a GBP5000 as a local transfer :whistling:

But will try for sure!

Edited by MJCM

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

Thx, but after reading this thread it's really a hit and miss at the moment. Sometimes yes sometimes no!

So yes, maybe my GBP50 will come as a FTT but a GBP5000 as a local transfer :whistling:

Different though, you were going to try "for property purchase" everyone else is talking about "long term stay" 

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Different though, you were going to try "for property purchase" everyone else is talking about "long term stay" 

Yeah I fully agree (so sorry for hijacking).

Will try and post back!

I got my pension through Wise this afternoon and did a small transfer.

Before I started I checked my BBK balance.

I transferred £ 100 to BBK using 'Long Term Stay In Thailand' as the reason and Wise told me that my money would be available on 18th which is Monday.

Again I checked my BBK balance and no change there.

I then transferred the balance to BBK still using 'Long Term Stay In Thailand' and again Wise told me that my money would be available on 18th which is Monday.

Again I checked my BBK balance and still no change there.

So for me at least, Wise and BBK (tagged) are working together as normal.

little bit off topic but i wanted to hear opinions from people using wise for a long time now. i see a lot of bad feedback around the net of people saying they sending money same like to thailand through wise and the money never arriving and then their account get suspended for no apparent reason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My email to them Friday 15th.:

Issue: Managing account.

Customer issue:
"When I select "Funds for long term stay in Thailand"
Please tag my transfers to only go to my Bangkok Bank (BBL) account.
Thank you.

Just the facts.. no over explaining why.

David answers today...Sat.:

We send funds to whatever bank account is used.   So if you are receiving from someone else please make sure that they are sending to the correct account.

Also if you have a example of a transfer that was sent to the wrong account and one that is to the correct account we can assist on how you can get this corrected for future transfers.

Regards,

David
Customer Support
Wise

Yes, the transfer does go into my Bangkok Bank account...eventually.  He does not address my request to ONLY use Bangkok Bank. 

I'm guessing that reading comprehension wasn't taught at whatever school David attended!!!

I want to say Idiots....but I'm might be the idiot for living where I need to use their service...

Edited by JohnOFphon
forgot one thing
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, drori said:

little bit off topic but i wanted to hear opinions from people using wise for a long time now. i see a lot of bad feedback around the net of people saying they sending money same like to thailand through wise and the money never arriving and then their account get suspended for no apparent reason.

no that's rubbish

33 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

My email to them Friday 15th.:

Issue: Managing account.

Customer issue:
"When I select "Funds for long term stay in Thailand"
Thank you.

Just the facts.. no over explaining why.

David answers today...Sat.:

We send funds to whatever bank account is used.   So if you are receiving from someone else please make sure that they are sending to the correct account.

Also if you have a example of a transfer that was sent to the wrong account and one that is to the correct account we can assist on how you can get this corrected for future transfers.

Regards,

David
Customer Support
Wise

Yes, the transfer does go into my Bangkok Bank account...eventually.  He does not address my request to ONLY use Bangkok Bank. 

I'm guessing that reading comprehension wasn't taught at whatever school David attended!!!

I want to say Idiots....but I'm might be the idiot for living where I need to use their service...

It will be an Indian centre following a script, go back and escalate. You have mixed up two things though, using "funds for long term stay" and tagging are two different processes

Just found that if I plan to send USD $1,494 or more from my Borderless account to my "tagged" Bangkok Bank account it plans to arrive on October 18.  If $1,493 or less it plans to arrive "in seconds".  Interesting.  But at least I seem to get a warning whether it will go through Bangkok Bank as my Partner Bank or not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, drori said:

Whenever a person's acct gets suspended/deactivated it's because the person has violated some provision(s) of the Wise terms of agreement in having an account.   Such as attempting fund a transfer from a source that does not beyond to you (like a friend's bank acct, debit/credit card, etc), suspicious payments coming to the acct, possible identity theft, etc.

Heck, I remember seeing one complaint where a person's Wise acct was closed because that person attempted to fund a transfer using a college roommate's bank acct although the roommate supposedly gave permission to do so. 

But from me reading between the lines of such online complaints years ago when I was thinking about opening a Wise acct (which I did and it has worked fine for years) it appeared to me most acct closures probably occurred due to suspicious payments into the acct or suspected identify theft.   And it appears Wise "business" vs "personal" accts are more susceptible to being closed due to some terms of agreement violation.

You will see similar kinds of complaints against all money transfer services.   I have no doubt some acct closures shouldn't occur; but I expect the great majority are valid "if we were to know all the details that triggered the closure" which will not be known/stated by the company but the customer will make it sound he/she was an innocent lamb. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

That question is as clear as mud. It simply doesn't address the issue of passing through a different bank before it gets to your BKK bank account.  No wonder you got a useless reply!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I've just requested transfer of AUD4000 from Wise in Oz, which will be paid in baht at 1415 ICT on Monday. I ticked the usual box (funds for long-term etc) and then requested transfer of $4K from my Oz bank to Wise. My usual routine.

I expect the transfer will show on Monday as an international and, when I update my bank book, it will show as FTT. I shall confirm (or otherwise) on Monday.

If confirmed, this would tend to support my suggestion in a previous post above that the problem is a country-of-origin one, and associated - as others have suggested - with the sudden-death method as opposed to the slow boat to China.

11 hours ago, drori said:

little bit off topic but i wanted to hear opinions from people using wise for a long time now. i see a lot of bad feedback around the net of people saying they sending money same like to Thailand through wise and the money never arriving and then their account get suspended for no apparent reason.

I am in my third year of using Wise and I have only had one time my transfer went to KBank in the early days. I spoke to some guy in TransferWise as it was called then. We talked the problem over and he then tagged BBK as my prime receiver and it has been OK ever since, including yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I sent them an email earlier in the week, I’ve just received their stock answer from their Indian call centre.

I’ll see if they respond to my follow up email regarding their hit and miss “long stay in Thailand” button.

I initiated a transfer last night, let’s see what happens on Monday.

• Like 2