SURVEY: When are YOU coming back to Thailand?

Jonathan Fairfield

KGDRZYVPM5N2ZMPN6PXTTBOSIQ.jpeg

Thailand is planning to reopen its major tourism hubs to vaccinated foreign tourists from November 1.

ASEAN NOW is keen to understand the true travel plans of  foreign tourists to Thailand.

Are you planning to visit or return to Thailand this year?

Have you actually booked to arrive in Thailand this November?

Would additional factors - such as the alcohol ban possibly still being in place - put you off visiting Thailand?

If you have a moment, please tell us in this short survey: https://kwiksurveys.com/s/3cz2UkDS

Just now, tonray said:

Get rid of the COE and the absurd 3.3 million baht COVID insurance requirements. You're killing Thailand as a destination

Think you only need the insurance for the length of your stay, visa, it cost me 6500 baht for 3 month's back in January.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lanng khao said:

PCR -rt test 42/72 hours before departure, covid insurance, and c.o.e. till show at place of departure,

PCR testing before departure from Thailand is not needed for all countries (I.e the UK)

Arrival PCR (day 2) costs £35

Pre-departure (<72 hrs) PCR also costs £35.

Insurance- we (family) have it anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Do tourists still need to pay for that expensive Covid tests when coming to Thailand?

at the moment,  apparently two PCR tests for Pattaya sandbox, pre paid and pre arranged with the 7 day SHA hotel you must pre book and pre pay.  I read that Phuke sandbox folks are suggesting the use of ATK self test kits instead in order to reduce the cost to tourists.  And even if vaccinated, most airlines I think may still require negative test?  some say Emirates pays for this.  Not much help if people don't fly emirates

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

PCR testing before departure from Thailand is not needed for all countries (I.e the UK)

PCR testing is needed for all. It's a requirement of the COE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gk10012001 said:

at the moment,  apparently two PCR tests for Pattaya sandbox, pre paid and pre arranged with the 7 day SHA hotel you must pre book and pre pay.  I read that Phuke sandbox folks are suggesting the use of ATK self test kits instead in order to reduce the cost to tourists.  And even if vaccinated, most airlines I think may still require negative test?  some say Emirates pays for this.  Not much help if people don't fly emirates

Emirates doesn't pay for the test, but does give you covid insurance for the length of your trip. Saved a few Baht for us!

Emirates flight requirements are dependent on the country your going to. We're getting our test today. 70€.

• Like 1

It isn't the alcohol, it's all the other stupid ass regs they have erected.  I'd be there now.  I still hope to get back by Xmas, but I think I'm going to take a look about North Bali this year while I'm in the neighborhood.

I'm heartened that I can shoot a game of pool and have a San Meg.  I would certainly appreciate being able to transit through Bangkok going to Phuket.  Flying in from Europe gives you a lot more choices than flying in from Canada.  It would cut a third off the cost of my tickets and my travel time.

They did extend the STV till the end of Sept. 2022 (Huzzah).  They didn't think to change the original requirements for this visa so in theory (or reality) I'd have to spend 15 days in strict quarantine on arrival.  I'm hoping they change them Nov 1, when Bangkok should open (Razzberry).

I'm sure that if they're going to update the conditions for the visa effective Nov. 1, they'll announce the current conditions late in the evening of October 31.  Existential thought processes demands it.  Coherent thought is the enemy.

Thank you for listening to my whine.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Hi, could you tell me where you get the pre departure PCR test in the UK for £35 please 

I had planning 2nd november..but now i will wait until the country is open..not just "open"

My better half totally agree.I left BKK 31st may..and we can wait until no money thrown out of the window.Last trip cost me alot because COE and more.Its better things to spend money on.

as soon as thailand opens I am leaving to europe for a short brake to be vaccinated there with J&J, which will give me european green pass and allow easy travel many times per year, as it use to be pre-covid.

I will get covid insurance for 1 year, which will save me money in a long run, comparing to many short and expensive ones. I believe this requirement will stay, even if COE, pcr tests, sandboxes are long gone and dusted.

I wish not be charged an additional 500b per entry, because I am not a tourist. But probably they will still charge me and count me multiple times as a tourist 

• Like 1