Immigration Want 20k. Again

15 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Generally these threats don't work if you call their bluff.

If you do however find a lawyer to come with you that's likely to cost more than 20K or he'll get in cahoots with IO then you're in a pickle.

Not bluffing, got a lawyer as a friend and one in the family. Never needed them as i got my paperwork in order.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Do you really think they will admit that?

Is it worth taking the risk?  Is there anything a lawyer could do without incriminating the OP?

Sounds a little catch-22.  He cannot begin anything legal without incriminating himself.

And what if this aggravates the IO or the whole office?  What methods do they have up their sleeve of making OP regret it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Could you use an agent to do it for you? Never used one my self, but  others do on this  forum. Might work out cheaper.

The agent will still need to use the same immigration office. The OP speaks about 400k in the bank which suggests he is going to get an extension based on marriage.

The problem with that is the final decision does not rest with the IO. It will be sent to the regional head office for final decision.

• Like 1

I'm confused.

Why change from ed-visa to non-O when you can get the Covid extension ? 

If you have a valid work permit then why do you need 40k per month to renew the visa?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

As is usual with these threads....something doesn't seem right. Why switch to Non-O ? Why pay bribe ? in addition, knowing the office you dealt with is corrupt, why not take the 12 months you had and worked out a different office solution ?

• Like 2