Moderna Vaccine Due to Arrive Next Month

webfact

9ce3638bb8431e208f38f59e9103f818_small.jpg

By Suwit Rattiwan

BANGKOK (NNT) - Zuellig Pharma (ZP) Therapeutics, the supplier and distributor of Moderna in Thailand, said in a statement on Thursday that approximately 1.9 million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be arriving in the kingdom by the fourth quarter of 2021.

According to ZP Therapeutics, a division of Zuellig Pharma, 100,000 to 300,000 doses of the Moderna vaccine per week will be delivered from November. While the remaining 6.8 million doses are expected to be transported to Thailand during the first quarter of next year.

In connection to this, President of the Private Hospitals Association, Dr Chalerm Hanpanich, announced that private hospitals will not provide a refund for customers who have reserved the Moderna vaccine; however, customers are allowed to reschedule the vaccination to a later date, or give the reserved shots to other persons.

Moderna is one of the alternative COVID-19 vaccines in Thailand offered by private entities. People have booked the shots with private hospitals since July, at a starting price of 1,650 baht per dose.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

nnt.jpg

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've got a feeling they may try to punt these out to batch 2 and 3 people when batch 1s reject it

People are scrambling to get Moderna.

I've got reserved and would get a few more if they weren't sold out.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've got a feeling they may try to punt these out to batch 2 and 3 people when batch 1s reject it

I don't think a lot of batch 1 people will reject them.

You will however see only those farangs who got 2 Pfizer doses and who paid for Moderna beforehand will now, more than likely sell their two Moderna doses, i.e. transfer the two doses to someone else as the FDA only a couple of days ago approved the booster shot as a half dose (50%) of whatever they were jabbing people with.

If I sold my Moderna doses to my sister-in-law for example, I could then purchase a booster at the reduced dose in say 6-12 months time as I am sure there will be enough available vaccine doses around, be it Moderna or Pfizer, m preference would be to stay with Pfizer as I would prefer not to switch.

• Like 1

Any bets on which week of November? ZP said they’d know 1 - 2 weeks before the first delivery.  Most expats already have vaccines now.  This one matters—for the Thai gf’s and wives—if you ever want to travel again.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't think a lot of batch 1 people will reject them.

You will however see only those farangs who got 2 Pfizer doses and who paid for Moderna beforehand will now, more than likely sell their two Moderna doses, i.e. transfer the two doses to someone else as the FDA only a couple of days ago approved the booster shot as a half dose (50%) of whatever they were jabbing people with.

If I sold my Moderna doses to my sister-in-law for example, I could then purchase a booster at the reduced dose in say 6-12 months time as I am sure there will be enough available vaccine doses around, be it Moderna or Pfizer, m preference would be to stay with Pfizer as I would prefer not to switch.

The problem with Moderna is it only lasts for a month or so, so they have to use up quickly, well that's what they say

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Any bets on which week of November? ZP said they’d know 1 - 2 weeks before the first delivery.  Most expats already have vaccines now.  This one matters—for the Thai gf’s and wives—if you ever want to travel again.

I need it for getting into the UK. Sino/Astra don't count. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The problem with Moderna is it only lasts for a month or so, so they have to use up quickly, well that's what they say

I don't see a problem with that, either my sister-in-law will go instead of me, money back in my pocket, or reschedule for batch 3 probably March/April and if the data suggests I need it, then I can get it then, if the data suggests otherwise, then the sister-in-law can get it, if she still needs it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't see a problem with that, either my sister-in-law will go instead of me, money back in my pocket, or reschedule for batch 3 probably March/April and if the data suggests I need it, then I can get it then, if the data suggests otherwise, then the sister-in-law can get it, if she still needs it.

how will you reschedule for batch 3 if you can only delay for a month?

58 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

how will you reschedule for batch 3 if you can only delay for a month?

I'm pretty sure they can bring those watching from batch 2 or 3 forward to take my place and me there's, if I can only reschedule for a month, then the sister-in-law can cough up 3,300 baht and get her 1st of two jabs and I can hunt down a vaccine, hopefully Pfizer in March/April if required as a booster.

• Like 1

Blogger B:

Fact checkers are funded by companies like Moderna. I never trust these liers. One or the other day, the truth is going to be revealed. Truth is that "Moderna vaccines are suspended by many European countries due to serious risk of heart inflammation"

Wack Check:

So the fact check uses may instead of has a slight increase? "Moderna vaccine may pose an increased risk of myocarditis and pericarditis—inflammation of the heart muscle and inflammation of the outer lining of the heart, respectively."

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Moderna said it now (APR 29 2021) has data that could support a three-month refrigerated shelf life for its vaccine.

The mRNA vaccine is approved to be stored in the refrigerator between 36 and 46 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 30 days and up to seven months at minus 4 Fahrenheit. *

The new storage temperature could “facilitate easier distribution to doctor’s offices and other smaller settings,” the company said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/moderna-covid-vaccine-can-remain-stable-at-refrigerated-temps-for-3-months.html

* or about the range of a standard home frezer

Edited by jerrymahoney

52 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Moderna said it now (APR 29 2021) has data that could support a three-month refrigerated shelf life for its vaccine.

The mRNA vaccine is approved to be stored in the refrigerator between 36 and 46 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 30 days and up to seven months at minus 4 Fahrenheit. *

The new storage temperature could “facilitate easier distribution to doctor’s offices and other smaller settings,” the company said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/moderna-covid-vaccine-can-remain-stable-at-refrigerated-temps-for-3-months.html

* or about the range of a standard home frezer

That's good although for BHP Q&As it can only be kept for a month, when it all kicks off we can see what happens

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I'm pretty sure they can bring those watching from batch 2 or 3 forward to take my place and me there's, if I can only reschedule for a month, then the sister-in-law can cough up 3,300 baht and get her 1st of two jabs and I can hunt down a vaccine, hopefully Pfizer in March/April if required as a booster.

Check T&Cs, BHP says 1 month only, so unlikely to be able to defer for months, but we shall see, that would be good

• Thanks 1

I don't know what's giving to happen with the Moderna I paid for now that I have had 2 Pfizer shots. Though I would not like to lose the Moderna money, I think that was the best option available in July and early August when no one could've predicted that the Pfizer vaccine would be available for the 60+ crowd SEP and OCT for free.

Against the cost, time, and hassle to return to US just for 'free' shots, I would do it again

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I don't know what's giving to happen with the Moderna I paid for now that I have had 2 Pfizer shots. Though I would not like to lose the Moderna money, I think that was the best option available in July and early August when no one could've predicted that the Pfizer vaccine would be available for the 60+ crowd SEP and OCT for free.

Against the cost, time, and hassle to return to US just for 'free' shots, I would do it again

You are allowed to transfer the shots, e.g. sell it to someone, just got to check out what the hospital requires when transferring it to be sure to be sure as Paddy would say.

Alternatively if you think you will receive it in the new year say around March/April, maybe worth a booster ?

I will be waiting to see when I get the call to go in and then play it by ear, sister-in-law is keen to buy it, so I am not to worried about losing the dosh and if she gets something else at the same level, e.g. Pfizer which I doubt, I will just see if I can postpone the shot as a booster till March/April, if needed.

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You are allowed to transfer the shots, e.g. sell it to someone, just got to check out what the hospital requires when transferring it to be sure to be sure as Paddy would say.

Alternatively if you think you will receive it in the new year say around March/April, maybe worth a booster ?

I will be waiting to see when I get the call to go in and then play it by ear, sister-in-law is keen to buy it, so I am not to worried about losing the dosh and if she gets something else at the same level, e.g. Pfizer which I doubt, I will just see if I can postpone the shot as a booster till March/April, if needed.

Yes I have the formal agreement but until they decide to communicate, all you say is on hold.

• Like 1