Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

On 4/19/2022 at 7:44 AM, placeholder said:

So, apparently, nationality is how automobile companies are to be judged? MG brand autos are no different in quality from Stallion, GPX, or Legend because they're manufactured by Chinese companies? Tell that to the European nations where MG's business is booming.

You tell them, I forgot Lifan 250, a chopper looking bike. The Chinese are good at copying, can't deny that. I wouldn't even buy dog food made in China.

• Like 2

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

You tell them, I forgot Lifan 250, a chopper looking bike. The Chinese are good at copying, can't deny that. I wouldn't even buy dog food made in China.

List one brand of dog food for sale in Thailand that is imported from China.  

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Thanks for confirming that  your chief criterion for evaluating a product is the country it comes from and not the company that made it. According to your way of reasoning,  Land Rovers are so poorly made because they come from the UK.

Prejudice rules above all else with some people I think.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:58 AM, Yellowtail said:

North Korean cars? S. Korea is NOTHING like China. 

It's nothing to do with the cars themselves...its the idiot self sprinted critics.

When Japanese bikes and cars cane along, everyone tried to say they were <deleted>....then Kirean, then Chinese ...it is precisely this attitude that brought about the downfall of both UK and US motirindyßtries.... bad management and crsp products totally outclassed by foreign "upstarts".

On 4/21/2022 at 3:30 AM, placeholder said:

Thanks for confirming that  your chief criterion for evaluating a product is the country it comes from and not the company that made it. According to your way of reasoning,  Land Rovers are so poorly made because they come from the UK.

My belief is Land Rovers are top quality machines. Never gave it a thought where they are born. 

You can't deny China is great at duplicating a competitors product, made with inferior parts and bits and sold cheaper. It's what they do. And they do it well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

My belief is Land Rovers are top quality machines. Never gave it a thought where they are born. 

You can't deny China is great at duplicating a competitors product, made with inferior parts and bits and sold cheaper. It's what they do. And they do it well.

Your belief is false. 

Land Rover Is Officially the Worst in Dependability, 2021 J.D. Power Study Shows

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/land-rover-officially-worst-dependability-2021-j-d-power-study/

Jaguar Land Rover Promises to Fix ‘Unacceptable’ Quality Issues

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41423/jaguar-land-rover-promises-to-fix-unacceptable-quality-issues

Jaguar Land Rover: We’re losing 100K sales a year due to quality issues

https://uk.motor1.com/news/492097/jaguar-land-rover-quality-issues/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Your belief is false. 

Land Rover Is Officially the Worst in Dependability, 2021 J.D. Power Study Shows

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/land-rover-officially-worst-dependability-2021-j-d-power-study/

Jaguar Land Rover Promises to Fix ‘Unacceptable’ Quality Issues

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41423/jaguar-land-rover-promises-to-fix-unacceptable-quality-issues

Jaguar Land Rover: We’re losing 100K sales a year due to quality issues

https://uk.motor1.com/news/492097/jaguar-land-rover-quality-issues/

I'll never buy a LR because of price. So it's no concern of mine what anyone has to say. Much like I'll never buy a China built car but for different reasons. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'll never buy a LR because of price. So it's no concern of mine what anyone has to say. Much like I'll never buy a China built car but for different reasons. 

Utterly irrelevant. Your reasons for not buying an LR have nothing to do with nationality. Your reasons for not buying a chinese car do.

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You could simply put that in your signature, then you wouldn't have to keep on telling us, over & over again.

So, only pro Chinese built auto aficionados  are allowed to post. Feel free to tell us again and again how wonderful your MG is, oh and how you leave everyone behind from a stop. Please tell that story again.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

That the China made Buick or the US made one ?

Staying on Topic ... as always.

Buick Velite EV ... another SAIC product, so doubt if will be available in TH

"The Buick Velite 6 (微蓝) is a compact station wagon, also known as a "multi-activity vehicle" (MAV) built by Chinese-American manufacturer SAIC-GM under the Buick brand. It is available as either an electric car or a plug-in hybrid (PHEV). It is sold exclusively in China"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Velite_6#Velite_6_EV_(2022)

I personally wouldn't buy a Big 3 car in USA, not produced by an Asian partnership.  And never did once they were readily available in the USA, way back when.  Big 3 consistently fail miserably.

Cost & dependability ... no competition to Asian product. IMHO

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So, only pro Chinese built auto aficionados  are allowed to post. Feel free to tell us again and again how wonderful your MG is, oh and how you leave everyone behind from a stop. Please tell that story again.

Once was enough, and it was on topic and relevant to the post.

Telling us repetitively that you are Anti-China ... nuff said.

I'm a little curious what vehicle you own, that doesn't have Chinese parts in it.

Every US made car has CH parts in it.

So you better Google EU & UK ... Good Luck finding one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Once was enough, and it was on topic and relevant to the post.

Telling us repetitively that you are Anti-China ... nuff said.

I'm a little curious what vehicle you own, that doesn't have Chinese parts in it.

Every US made car has CH parts in it.

So you better Google EU & UK ... Good Luck finding one.

Everything probably has a Chinese part, made with cheap labour in China for the west.

But the thread is about 100% Chinese stuff, cheap MG cars with a bought British brand name to give folk the feel good factor........????

Would folk buy them if they were called "Chow Ming Autos", doubt it, mind you, CMA sounds BMW-ish.......????........????

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, transam said:

Everything probably has a Chinese part, made with cheap labour in China for the west.

But the thread is about 100% Chinese stuff, cheap MG cars with a bought British brand name to give folk the feel good factor........????

Would folk buy them if they were called "Chow Ming Autos", doubt it, mind you, CMA sounds BMW-ish.......????........????

SAIC product, dependable & top selling, and why I have an interest in their Wuling line of 'tinker car', but need to get closer to that CH pricing.

Repeatedly asked and already answered ... Yes w/explanations.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:33 AM, sirineou said:

I remember in the seventies people calling Japanese cars "Rice burners" and laughing at them, They even had Japanese car bashing events, where the buy American crowd would bash Japanese cars with baseball bats. 

A few years later all these same people were driving Japanese cars. 

Quite. One of the best cars I ever had was an early 80s Mitsu Sigma Estate, before they started production in Oz.

Someone saw me get out of it one day and asked if when I came to sell could they have first refusal, bit disappointed it was a company car.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:30 PM, leba said:

I see so many chinese cars MG cars, but I am wondering, is it only because they are cheap ?

No.

There is a certain historical prestige in the name that will always attract enthusiasts.

It stands for Morris Garages, founded in 1920 and an icon of the UK motor industry.

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

No.

There is a certain historical prestige in the name that will always attract enthusiasts.

It stands for Morris Garages, founded in 1920 and an icon of the UK motor industry.

And considered in many countries outside the UK as utter garbage.

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, sandyf said:

No.

I drove a ‘66 MGB with BRG paint in college—loved it to pieces, many pieces.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sandyf said:

No.

Yes, MG was the performance side of Morris, strange the Chinese didn't use the Morris name for their non-performance rides and pickup ...????

Below is a Morris 1100 and an MG 1100, 50hp vs 55hp.... 

morris-1100-03.jpg.9d98b1aefd675673b020f2e9f828d023.jpg20824515_MG1100.jpg.24bd6915f22c3fe9f9fbd65b8a9e5516.jpg

• Like 1