Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I thought you were referring to 4 door, 3L diesel vs 4 door MG HS, and you're correct, the 4 dr 3L Dmax starts round ฿1.05 Million, as you did state 3L diesel. 

Didn't realize it was only a 2 door.  A bit cramped cab for over the road.

That's why I deleted it the first time, as a poor comparison.

The 4 door Dmax 1.9l and 3l space cab are both under 700k. The MG doesn't seem that cheap.

48 minutes ago, Smithson said:

The 4 door Dmax 1.9l and 3l space cab are both under 700k. The MG doesn't seem that cheap.

For those wanting a Dmax, lucky them.  Not sure what that has to do with the MG's price.  Fair compare, would be family car / 4 door, and you did say 3L, so back to 1m.  But I'm not one to nitpick????

And 700k for any 4 wheeler is not cheap in my book, it's damn silly, but it is what it is.  Our new 120m² house & land is only 1.1 mill, and the same price of many trucks & SUVs.  That's nuts.

I was simply pointing out those spending 700k & up for a vehicle aren't going to care about c r a p p y fuel economy.  Since that was the discussion, kpL. 

Whether ZS @ 11 or HS @ 11 or Dmax @ 9 around town, 14+ on highway, 12 something combined.

Celerio 20 kpL for those thinking fuel economy.

Or better, an EV if intelligent, and if they think they'll use enough.

Edited by KhunLA

56 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Oh, so now it was you and not your brother huh? Oh what a wicked web we weave....

In any event, I can't imagine towing a car that needed an alternator or fuel pump, or for any common part that's easily changed with a few hand tools.

He was stranded pretty far from home, and the MG store wasn't around the corner.  Broke down on the interstate, about 50 miles from home, that one time.  Sourcing parts was his biggest headache, for his MGs and they sat idle for a while waiting.

Y'all can stop, won't be replying to any more of your silliness.  Have a good day.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

He was stranded pretty far from home, and the MG store wasn't around the corner.  Broke down on the interstate, about 50 miles from home, that one time.

Wow, and the alternator and the fuel pump both went out at the same time, and you towed it 50 miles on the "interstate".

52 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Sourcing parts was his biggest headache, for his MGs and they sat idle for a while waiting.   

So sourcing parts was more of an issue than reliability. I can understand that. Rather than going to the "MG store" he should have just gone to the local Pep Boys or NAPA or some such like everyone else did. No one bought parts from dealers back then. 

55 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Y'all can stop, won't be replying to any more of your silliness.

I don't blame you. 

55 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Have a good day.

Thanks, and to you as well.

On 10/18/2021 at 5:58 PM, sezze said:

...  In some countries now they are the highest paid jobs already since many people don't even know how to change lightbulbs anymore ....

I let my wife hold the bulb.  I spin the ladder counter-clockwise.  She hands me the old bulb and I hand her the new one.  Then I spin the ladder clockwise.  But that's looking up. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Mazda do one an Italian guy in our village has one. 

Brother had the Miata, loved it, except in winter, but lived in NE, USA.  Might get a few sales in the N & NE Thailand, but think most enjoy being out of direct sunlight.  That and so many diesel engines here, not what I want to smell when knocking around town.

15 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

My first car was a Consul Mk1 bought from a friend and I bought it by paying off the out standing finance amount of £37 the insurance was £12. 

Got nearly 90mph out of it on the newly built M1. 

I did my training near Aylesbury just after the M1 opened. On a Saturday night we used to go to the California ballroom in Dunstable and then out on to the Mi for a bit of racing. About 5 or 6 abreast at 1 in the morning, out of the question these days. My Anglia struggled to get to 60 on a downhill slope, the guy with the Austin Westminster always won the day.

My second car was a Mk1 Zephyr, also bought from a friend, think £70.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Brother had the Miata, loved it, except in winter, but lived in NE, USA.  Might get a few sales in the N & NE Thailand, but think most enjoy being out of direct sunlight.  That and so many diesel engines here, not what I want to smell when knocking around town.

No idea what Miata is and our Isuzu I cannot smell much at all. 

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Actually, you can still buy a new one in the UK.......????

Wuling makes a convertible, and Wulings are available in Thailand, so for a price, they'd probably order one for you.  Have also seen ragtop Mini Coopers here.

image.png.4f573c0dcd5545ca82658603dff01a4f.png

image.png.aec6ad8b7d14d2800242d25fa06a946b.png

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No idea what Miata is and our Isuzu I cannot smell much at all. 

Is your Isuzu a convertible or do you drive around with the windows down in traffic.  I don't, as I hate the smell of diesel exhaust, and one reason why I would never buy one. 

Hate to think I'd be adding to something I despise so much.

Edited by KhunLA

7 minutes ago, transam said:

MG had that covered, MGB GT......????

Oh ???? I got to 

Just like mine but I had wire wheels and it was white with glass sunroof.

The wire wheels needed truing every year.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

A ragtop in Thailand, no thanks.  I can't even see the point of sunroof here.  Save that for temperate zones.

I used the sunroof while driving through Krabi and while on Phuket as the weather was appropriate. However on the drive back once we hit Prachuap it was a no use issue..here in BKK the shade screen gets opened at night for the daughter and GF to look up and out, but not the window.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Is your Isuzu a convertible or do you drive around with the windows down in traffic.  I don't, as I hate the smell of diesel exhaust, and one reason why I would never buy one. 

Hate to think I'd be adding to something I despise so much.

Nice sports car never heard of it.

There's very little traffic about where we live,  2 strokes and the odd lorry make me close windows when I have them open on cool days. 

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Nice sports car never heard of it.

There's very little traffic about where we live,  2 strokes and the odd lorry make me close windows when I have them open on cool days. 

It's a sports car for women in the US

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I had an MX-5 for many years in Europe, bought one when they first came out in 1991

I got a lot more attention from the ladies than my friends who had ferraris and especially porsches - if the ladies were nice to me I would let them drive it... 

But of course I was young and hansome then

Edited by SatEng

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's funny I said the same thing that he had bought it for his wife to show off when everyone in the village was raving on about the Mazda convertible.

He wouldn't let his wife drive it. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That reminded me of a bird who lived a couple of doors away in London in the 60's, she had one of these.........????

austin-healey-3000-mk-iii-phase-2-1966-british-racing-green-02.thumb.jpg.7105bb9b01f57108b1f26f94f562afc7.jpg

For me, an iconic sports car, the Austin-Healey 3000, it had the same engine as the MGC, the BMC "C" 2912cc 6 pot.....Produced around 150hp.

The body was made by Healey, but it was assembled alongside the MGC....????

5 minutes ago, transam said:

That reminded me of a bird who lived a couple of doors away in London in the 60's, she had one of these.........????

austin-healey-3000-mk-iii-phase-2-1966-british-racing-green-02.thumb.jpg.7105bb9b01f57108b1f26f94f562afc7.jpg

For me, an iconic sports car, the Austin-Healey 3000, it had the same engine as the MGC, the BMC "C" 2912cc 6 pot.....Produced around 150hp.

The body was made by Healey, but it was assembled alongside the MGC....????

Reminds me to I was helping a buddy to restore a Healey several years before I came Thailand, got the engine running sweet for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Your link has come up "dodgy" on my PC.....????

From the link, which by the way cleared all of my security software.

For over 32 years, the Mazda Miata has maintained its reputation as one of the world’s great sports cars, with the newest 2022 model receiving mostly stellar reviews. To laymen’s ears, it might sound odd to speak of the Miata in the same breath as legendary cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini or BMW. The Miata’s petite appearance, minimal features and relatively low power compared to other “sports cars” has given it the misguided stereotype of being a “chick car.” 

In a sense, I understand it. The historical iconography of American car culture naturally biases toward hetero dudes and cars that symbolize their own agency and power; heroes like Tony Stark and James Bond drive million-dollar supercars with 700 horsepower these days, not a four-cylinder Mazda that retails for 26k. Given that, it seems hard to imagine young, car-obsessed boys tearing down their Lamborghini posters in favor of a lil’ cherry Miata with pop-up lights.

And odds are, if you’re a dude who drives a Miata, someone in your life will wonder out loud: “Isn’t that kind of a girl’s car?” Indeed, you can find countless threads on car forums and Reddit with men wondering the same thing. Nevermind that trying to define a “girly” car is simultaneously offensive and unscientific, or that it bolsters a massive sexism problem in car culture, or just that manufacturers deliberately avoid gendered marketing. (Or even that Miata owners are literallydisproportionately men.) 

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Sorry, you're right as always, I should have said for American women and Leftists, much like the "magazine" you linked to. 

Your stuck in yesteryear yet the Miata has been around a long time and is sold to more men then women, so you must believe those that drive it are Katoey's

Try again and far from a leftist magazine, if it was they would extol <deleted>ty behavior like yours

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/men-leftism-excuses-abuse

Edited by ThailandRyan