Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

3 minutes ago, transam said:

So why did they buy an old British car brand name and use the Union Jack on "their" offerings..?

Tell me why, if you think their stuff is great and folk wouldn't care if they were called "Chow Mieng Cars"..????

If I could take the flag off, for free, I would, as I really hate that on the car.  Actually don't and didn't even notice it, until you mentioned it. ????  

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

In the 15 years I have worked and been retired in Thailand I have purchased 6 new cars. I always buy made in Thailand cars as they represent the best value for money. My current car is a MG  - it is the most expensive car that MG sells in Thailand and it is certainly is a luxury car. I have owned it for 8 months and  really enjoy driving it. I have had no problems with it in that time and would certainly consider buying another MG perhaps the MG Marvel R

Ditto ... 20+ yrs here, 4th new car, and our MG ZS-D is excellent value, and didn't see anything that compared.  Also bought Thai made/assembled in the past (2 Toyota / Mazda), and agree, being best values.

Have in the past owned performance cars (Firebird) and luxury cars (Caddy).  So I wasn't ignorant what to expect, as the ZS is a step up from the previous Vios & Mazda2 owned here.  MG ZS is all around comfy for me & performs well.  Has everything I need / want, and didn't need / want to pay extra for.

Not sure if I'll ever need another car, but would certainly buy another MG if nothing else new caught me eye.  That Marvel also caught my eye, maybe in the future ????

Most importantly ... Sniffy the WonderDog approves ... ????

1611831647633-2DN.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 12:55 AM, HAPPYNUFF said:

Call me a cynic, I prefer being a realist. But if you pay a reviewer enough, they will say anything  you want about you, or your product.

The difference between a skeptic and a cynic. 

A skeptic examines the facts to see if they support the argument. A cynic just uses negativity and cynicism to cover their in ignorance.

You are no skeptic.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Thais, and a few expats, have taking a liking to MG.  When other makers are experiencing a sales slump (2021 vs 2019), MG is expanding.  New dealership opening just a few kms from us now, so no need to go to Hua Hin (100 kms) for the oil change ????

"Brand-wise, this year the leader Toyota (+3.2%) gained 3.3% market share, followed by Honda (-12.2%), which lost 1.3% share. Mitsubishi lost 0.8% share, falling 12.5%.  Mazda reached 4th place (-10%), followed by Nissan -down 1 spot- which fell 23.4%.

Ford gained 8.4%, followed by MG which rose 13.9% and reported the best performance"

https://www.focus2move.com/thailand-vehicles-market/

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 3:13 AM, crouchpeter said:

I've had dozens of bikes. Ducatis, Triumphs, and Harley were unreliable, and when you least expected it! Japanese bikes from Bridgestone, Hondas, Kawasakis, Suzukis and Yamahas never missed a beat over 60 years!

Looks like a very dated and subjective assessment of the motorcycle industry.

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Apparently Thais, and a few expats, have taking a liking to MG.  When other makers are experiencing a sales slump (2021 vs 2019), MG is expanding.  New dealership opening just a few kms from us now, so no need to go to Hua Hin (100 kms) for the oil change ????

"Brand-wise, this year the leader Toyota (+3.2%) gained 3.3% market share, followed by Honda (-12.2%), which lost 1.3% share. Mitsubishi lost 0.8% share, falling 12.5%.  Mazda reached 4th place (-10%), followed by Nissan -down 1 spot- which fell 23.4%.

Ford gained 8.4%, followed by MG which rose 13.9% and reported the best performance"

https://www.focus2move.com/thailand-vehicles-market/

All very interesting ... but what is your point?

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2022 at 7:00 AM, KhunLA said:

I would think it was fairly self explanatory.  Maybe not for some ...????

You presented not argument at all...only several info graphics.

These are worthless unless you draw some inferences or conclusions. You haven't done so 

28 minutes ago, kwilco said:

You presented not argument at all...only several info graphics.

These are worthless unless you draw some inferences or conclusions. You haven't done so 

No argument, just posting a few facts about Thai auto manufacturing / sales, highlighting MG, since that is what thread is about.

Again, self explanatory.  Read & draw your own conclusion if wanting ... or not.

I guess anyone, like myself, could conclude MG, since sales are up, and they need to build more dealerships, that they are putting out a good product at a good price.  Actually impressive, when considering the slump the other manufacturers are experiencing.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, leba said:

It's beyond understanding how foreigners here have no face and no style....

Driving a MG, I would put my head in a hole !

Why are you upset that the MG is a better car than what you have and the MG costing many 1000's of baht less than other makes with the same spec. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Why are you upset that the MG is a better car than what you have and the MG costing many 1000's of baht less than other makes with the same spec. 

Curious what leba drives & where located as apparently having a lot of buyer regret ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

MG cars th ... in the process of updating their site.  

MG ZS EV now available to order, delivery July

Next 10 ish days, deposit ฿10k, and get ฿20k off MSRP on delivery

with a couple other perks.   Strangely, no price mentioned.

Financing via MG 0.9% int, 25% dn pay, 48 months ....  I think

Did say they are updating site, as I type, and don't even have EN yet for 

any page on the site.  Prior to updating, prices very prominent.

Guessing still ฿1.2m for 1 model (2 listed)

only difference notice so for, 1 model has sunroof, more sensors & airbag ... I think

No notice of 2 different size battery banks.  51 kWh / 72 kWh as in UK offering, I think

2021 / 44.5 kWh ... 2022 / 51 kWh

Same 8 yr / 180k kms battery warranty

One thing I noticed, est. maintenance cost over 5 yr / 100k kms whichever first ?????

Cost approx. ฿9k

OK, you MG EV owner, what the hell is that ?  One plus of EV vs ICE, no oil changes or tune-ups.

Come in, plug in, all good, ฿1k or 2k ... thank you, have a nice day.

Every 6 months / 10k kms or 1 yr / 20k kms ???

https://www.mgcars.com/th/mg-models/new-mg-zs-ev/overview

https://promotions.co.th/breakingnews/launch-of-the-electric-car-mg-zs-ev-2022-starting-price-1-2-million.html#:~:text=จากรายงานคาดว่า

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 3:32 PM, Bandersnatch said:

It’s beyond understanding that some people on this forum have no shame demonstrating their bigotry and stupidity for all to see

I agree with you but when they spend much of their lives with their heads in the hole as @leba remarked would do ( which I assume is envy due to only owning a Honda Scoopy perhaps ), hence your reply , then any sounds must eminent from the only orifice out in the open ????

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

MG PHEV is on par with Haval H6. Not sure which one is newer. But as there is a Dealer near to me probably MG "IF" I was in the market for one.

MG well established here, although we just got a dealer locally, and bought ours (9/2020) from Hua Hin, 100 kms N of us.

GWM now expanding, rapidly, as saw their rather large dealership being built in Hua Hin, and should be ready in a few months, if that.   Actually surprised, since just arriving in Krung Thep a short time ago.

Have even seen a few H6s locally, also a bit surprising.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

MG well established here, although we just got a dealer locally, and bought ours (9/2020) from Hua Hin, 100 kms N of us.

GWM now expanding, rapidly, as saw their rather large dealership being built in Hua Hin, and should be ready in a few months, if that.   Actually surprised, since just arriving in Krung Thep a short time ago.

Have even seen a few H6s locally, also a bit surprising.

Have had a GWM agency here in Ayutthaya for a couple of months now, seen a few Haval H6’s , a few Jolien also ( although from a distance they are very similar, apart from the size ), even saw a Ora Good Cat , the test drive car of which seems very much in demand.

All 3 were on show for a couple of weeks a month ago in a local mall, I was impressed with all 3 tbh. Some solid materials being used and nice interiors, albeit the use of two colour leather seats and trim might not appeal to all.

My only concern would be with H6 and Jolien as the boot/trunk floor is very high due to the hybrid battery underneath and seems like there’s nowhere for a spare tyre ( the pump and foam kit supplied ). Not sure if this applies to other hybrids: MG HS or Toyota Cross for example.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

My only concern would be with H6 and Jolien as the boot/trunk floor is very high due to the hybrid battery underneath and seems like there’s nowhere for a spare tyre ( the pump and foam kit supplied ). Not sure if this applies to other hybrids: MG HS or Toyota Cross for example.

MG (ZS) doesn't offer spares.  Available to buy, which do to communication error, I order a full size wheel, which turned into a good mistake.  As only ฿1k more than the 'mini' spare.  Trunk space a bit less, and 'shelf' on upper tier, which my back likes anyway. 

Haven't needed the extra space, and floor jack fits under it nicely, so win win.  When ready to replace tires, I'll only need 3, and use my spare, swap for one of the worn tires.  Plus the little air compressor that came with the car, didn't last long, as I used it for my bike tires, and it crapped out.