Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

I don't think anyone buying these are really concerned about fuel economy;

MG ZS @ ฿7-800k & 11 kpl

MG HS @ ฿939k-1.159m & 11 kpl

Dmax ฿852k-1.157m & 9-15 kpl

If going the thrifty CC route, then hard to beat that Suzuki Celerio @ ฿330 & 20 kpl

Though surely sacrificing overall performance & comfort, especially on the highway

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Same as Merc, BMW, Toyota, Honda etc, etc.....

Yet you decide to bag on the MG knowing that those brands you specified are assembled here in Thailand as well with all of those parts, many of which come from China....the hole your digging is getting deeper.

Just now, transam said:

Assembled in Thailand.....

Chassis - Made in thailand.

Suspension - Made in Thailand.

Seats and interior - Made in Thailand.

Glass - Made in Thailand.

Wheels and tires - Made in Thailand.

Wiring looms - Made in Thailand.

Etc

Etc

Etc.

Or do you seriously think they are all CKD ?

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

MG ZS @ ฿7-800k & 11 kpl

If going the thrifty CC route, then hard to beat that Suzuki Celerio @ ฿330 & 20 kpl

Though surely sacrificing overall performance & comfort, especially on the highway

Yeah I'll sacrifice fuel economy over buying a girls shopping cart.

Horrid thing's those suzuki's.... utter embarrassment to the automotive world and can only be a death trap in an accident.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet you decide to bag on the MG knowing that those brands you specified are assembled here in Thailand as well with all of those parts, many of which come from China....the hole your digging is getting deeper.

My involvement in this thread is the usage of the MG brand name for a cheap Chinese car, that's it....

Everything on the planet has something Chinese in it, you are barking up the wrong tree...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

My HS is the TurboX  I-Smart model, MG did not tell me anything as I had already done my research prior to waling in and offering them a price point which they accepted and added on many freebies as well including the DVR Camera, Tinting, Window rain guards and others. Why troll someone who knows what there car does when you yourself wont even research the subject before you post your rhetoric.

Where did you get the documentation to do your "research"?

Oh, that's right, the sales department.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Chassis - Made in thailand.

Suspension - Made in Thailand.

Seats and interior - Made in Thailand.

Glass - Made in Thailand.

Wheels and tires - Made in Thailand.

Wiring looms - Made in Thailand.

Etc

Etc

Etc.

Or do you seriously think they are all CKD ?

New MG's have a chassis......????....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Horrid thing's those suzuki's.... utter embarrassment to the automotive world and can only be a death trap in an accident.

Once again, you seem to know little. Click on the pdf link on the bottom of the link page..Then read it...

https://www.ancap.com.au/safety-ratings/suzuki/celerio/564458

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

1.5 L engine and the specs say between 12 to 15 km per liter if driven conservatively.  I drive at around 120 kph when on the open highway, in town with traffic that obviously cuts down on the fuel mileage. My 10+ hour trip included an hour dinner and fuel stop so in reality driving time was probably actually around 9 hours so I average a driving speed of around 90kpmh with the traffic on Hwy 4 and AH2 and Hwy 35.

I do a return trip from Pattaya to Trang (past 8 years) monthly in my 1.6 Nissan Sylphy on the same route and on the highway @ roughly I00kms/105 kms/hour which gives me a fuel economy of 19.3-19.6 kms/litre....CVT gearbox.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Oh, not the cars we have been talking about, you mean the Maxus T70...????

Do you not know what a monocoque chassis ?

The chassis for the pickup is made here, not far from where I work actually.

Edited by Ralf001

19 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

If just putt puttin' around town, pretty hard to beat.  I sat in one, and was sort of impressed, considering the price point.  Add another ฿80k for automatic @ 408k

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The Chinese have deep pockets and their ownership can only be a good thing to keep the brands alive.

I just wish they'd sell them here at closer to China's pricing.  

Our MG ZS sells for ฿420k in China vs Thai's ฿700k price tag.

Same with the SAIC Wuling mini EV @ ฿180k China vs ฿400k Thai price

Along with POCCO @ ฿200k there vs ฿500k here ????????

27 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The Chinese have deep pockets and their ownership can only be a good thing to keep the brands alive.

Yeah but there's a icon UK exception when I left England a mate of my was still waiting for his Morgan the waiting list was long forgotten how long he was told 9 months 1 & 1/2 years later still waiting, thing is they use BM engines. ????

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

MG ZS @ ฿7-800k & 11 kpl

Those figures look wrong. A quick Google shows Dmax available from 515k. Diesel a much cheaper option these days.

52 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If just putt puttin' around town, pretty hard to beat.  I sat in one, and was sort of impressed, considering the price point.  Add another ฿80k for automatic @ 408k

Yeah, but for a real "road car", you can't beat a Chinese MG...

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

How right you are it is a real Road Car, oh wait you were being sarcastic, but then I guess I and others who own the MG's are having the last laugh as the MG is a real road car and in your view and disbelief its not....well sorry for you I am driving a UK designed vehicle that was built in Thailand by a Chinese company whose sales are atop the list....try again my friend.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No argument there. ???????????? Our previous Vios & Mazda2 were good for puttin' around town, but not so quiet & comfy for out & about.

I'm glad you're finally on board ... ????????????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Smithson said:

Those figures look wrong. A quick Google shows Dmax available from 515k. Diesel a much cheaper option these days.

I thought you were referring to 4 door, 3L diesel vs 4 door MG HS, and you're correct, the 4 dr 3L Dmax starts round ฿1.05 Million, as you did state 3L diesel. 

Didn't realize it was only a 2 door.  A bit cramped cab for over the road.

That's why I deleted it the first time, as a poor comparison.

Edited by KhunLA

16 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

No argument there. ???????????? Our previous Vios & Mazda2 were good for puttin' around town, but not so quiet & comfy for out & about.

I'm glad you're finally on board ... ????????????

Absolutely! And because they're "UK designed" you don't have to worry about them being confused with all the typical Chinese junk. 

• Haha 1