Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

4 minutes ago, proton said:

No, lots of selfish short sighted dummies who, by buying Chinese are supporting the evil CCP dictatorship. Some people only have cheap as a principal.

Your still at it I see.  You sure hate the CCP, which is sad.  Until the day their products stop being built which are becoming far better in quality than elsewhere your in for a long wait and only heartache in believing the cars are trash.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your still at it I see.  You sure hate the CCP, which is sad.  Until the day their products stop being built which are becoming far better in quality than elsewhere your in for a long wait and only heartache in believing the cars are trash.

It is interesting that you choose the US flag as your thumbnail.

Presumably you know that, given a free hand, the Chinese would happily destroy everything that flag stands for.

Why would you choose to give them money to help them do that?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

It is interesting that you choose the US flag as your thumbnail.

Presumably you know that, given a free hand, the Chinese would happily destroy everything that flag stands for.

Why would you choose to give them money to help them do that?

Another zombie apocalypse person.  You guys bore me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Another zombie apocalypse person.  You guys bore me.

I sincerely don't believe you bought the MG solely for their superior quality. The price really isn't attractive enough to bypass the top name autos known for dependability and resale value.

It's going to take the new generation to be open minded regarding  Chinese made autos. 

22 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I sincerely don't believe you bought the MG solely for their superior quality. The price really isn't attractive enough to bypass the top name autos known for dependability and resale value.

It's going to take the new generation to be open minded regarding  Chinese made autos. 

Your view is and was not mine. MG has a proven track record.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, steve187 said:

lots of idiots around the world then, 1 million sold outside China in 84 countries, but they are wrong to buy

Well, suppose it depends on one's budget, if a cheap ride comes along that appears to be what one would like, then they will sell, especially with the British history since 1924 shown in their advertising and the Union Jack on the boot.....????...............????

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm curious about the MG owners here. Did anyone buy an MG because it's superior to Toyota, Isuzu or the other major players in quality. 

We bought for value for baht, of product vs specs of comparable model from other maker, in the same price range.   Meaning entry models, 'made in Thailand'.

Considered, Vios, Jazz, Note, Mazda 2 again, City. Avanza, and the Nissan Note was winning that lot, except a new model, so skeptical.  Jazz running a close 2nd. 

Then I popped into a MG dealer, out of curiosity, actually to take a look at the MG3, see if any upgrades, as didn't care for when peeked at before.  Saw the ZS while there and was sold on that.  Great promo at the time.  

Previous cars were Vios (2) and Mazda 2 (sedan), so the ZS was big step up from them.  And didn't cost much more than top end version of those 2.   Or any any vehicle in the 700k range.  Spec wise superior to anything else in that ball park.

It was a very hard decision, MG that is, as not a fan of UK made.  When I saw the MG3s here, 5 ish yrs ago, first thought was, Holy Buddha, Hell NO, I'd never own one of those POSs.  Brother & friends had nothing but bad lucky with them in decades past.

Lots of research & review watching before buying.  Love the more space, interior of the ZS, although length wise, same as the Mazda, but wider & higher, and being SUV, heaps more cargo room for O&A.

Ride is much smoother and most important, much quieter on the highway at speed.  Vios & M2 were annoying over the road.  Didn't realize just how much, until getting the ZS.

Then one night at Krung Thep, GRAB driver was using a Fortuner.  What a step up from the ZS  ????  BUT, also 2x the price ????.

700k was a stretch for me, to spend on 4 wheels, so 1.5m ... 

... HELL NO, maybe if I was going to live in it.

2 yrs and still lovin' it.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yea I was shocked by this as well, why would anyone buy those cars like Isuzu or MG, are they super cheap?

Toyota/honda would be superior by far in every aspect and are cheap already. But I guess people still buy bmw/benz/audi so people don't typically shop for quality.

Edited by dj230

I drove one a few weeks ago.  The suspension was terrible like a 1970's truck.  Warning lights going on everywhere, the side molding coming off.  3 tires showed warning on air, I filled them to 32 they were showing various numbers in the low 20's  I thought it was pretty cheap.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I drove one a few weeks ago.  The suspension was terrible like a 1970's truck.  Warning lights going on everywhere, the side molding coming off.  3 tires showed warning on air, I filled them to 32 they were showing various numbers in the low 20's  I thought it was pretty cheap.

My friend's MG ZS suspension is the same, the seats look nice but are hard, he bought an air cushion in Mr.DIY..????

On 9/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, proton said:

No, lots of selfish short sighted dummies who, by buying Chinese are supporting the evil CCP dictatorship. Some people only have cheap as a principal.

You do realise that proton also happens to be the brand of a Chinese made car? Made by Geely.

• Haha 1

On 9/29/2022 at 8:59 AM, EVENKEEL said:

I'm curious about the MG owners here. Did anyone buy an MG because it's superior to Toyota, Isuzu or the other major players in quality. 

I was shopping for a small sedan for my other half a few years ago, after she obtained her licence. I was shocked at how overpriced Toyotas and Hondas were. Old fashioned, cheap interior, not even an infotainment centre. Also looked at the MG but eventually settled for a Mazda2, even though it was more expensive than the MG.

I’ve already ordered a Haval H6 PHEV. All reviews thus far gave it high marks. Much better specced than anything else available at the moment, could well be the best value car of the year. Reliability record seems good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I was shopping for a small sedan for my other half a few years ago, after she obtained her licence. I was shocked at how overpriced Toyotas and Hondas were. Old fashioned, cheap interior, not even an infotainment centre. Also looked at the MG but eventually settled for a Mazda2, even though it was more expensive than the MG.

I’ve already ordered a Haval H6 PHEV. All reviews thus far gave it high marks. Much better specced than anything else available at the moment, could well be the best value car of the year. Reliability record seems good.

I don't know a thing about the Haval except it looks pretty nice which is how I buy. Nice looking car by the major dealers is my method. Oh and nothing hybrid.

11 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

You do realise that proton also happens to be the brand of a Chinese made car? Made by Geely.

Proton is Malaysian brand, Geely only bought a 49.9% share in 2017, vehicles are made in Malaysia.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Who all have factories in China.

Isuzu make very high quality cars. Japanese brand.

Yep ... SAIC, the producer of MGs, also produces vehicles for: Volkswagen (Volkswagen, Skoda, Audi), General Motors (Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac).

That's just one of the 'big 4' Chinese manufacturers.  Not many auto makers don't have joint ventures or stand alone factories in China.  Or use Chinese parts in their other factories outside of China.

So if you refuse to buy China made vehicles, feed and brush your horse good.

Ignorance is Bliss

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Yep ... SAIC, the producer of MGs, also produces vehicles for: Volkswagen (Volkswagen, Skoda, Audi), General Motors (Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac).

That's just one of the 'big 4' Chinese manufacturers.  Not many auto makers don't have joint ventures or stand alone factories in China.  Or use Chinese parts in their other factories outside of China.

So if you refuse to buy China made vehicles, feed and brush you horse good.

Ignorance is Bliss

So why are those cars you mention assembled by the Chinese,  more expensive than an MG....?

3 hours ago, Stocky said:

Proton is Malaysian brand, Geely only bought a 49.9% share in 2017, vehicles are made in Malaysia.

Made or assembled? In any case, it is for all intents and purposes, a Chinese car and completely under Geely’s management. DRB-Hicom is merely the majority share holder.

8 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Designed, manufactured and assembled in Malaysia.

Proton is Malaysia's national car.

Wife drove in a friend's proton one time and she didn't have one good thing to say about it.

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Wife drove in a friend's proton one time and she didn't have one good thing to say about it.

The only reason that Protons sell in Malaysia is because it’s one of the cheapest cars you can buy. That’s why you hardly see any protons outside of Malaysia. 

The only slightly decent proton is the X70 which is a Chinese made car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geely_Boyue

8 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

The only reason that Protons sell in Malaysia is because it’s one of the cheapest cars you can buy. That’s why you hardly see any protons outside of Malaysia. 

The only slightly decent proton is the X70 which is a Chinese made car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geely_Boyue

Looks fine to me, sort of a cross between an Audi and a Range Rover

Malaysian SUV Proton X70 launched in Pakistan - Global Village SpaceReview: Pricey 2020 Range Rover Evoque has one 'maddening oversight'Audi Takes Q7 SUV to the "Next Level" for 2020 Model Year | TheDetroitBureau.com

Yet the Proton X70 is headed to Thailand

https://www.wapcar.my/news/spied-proton-x70-in-thailand-to-get-newer-15t-engine-than-malaysias-25062

Edited by ThailandRyan