Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

45 minutes ago, kwilco said:

There is a basic fallacious your premise; the percentage doesn't vary significantly at all. This is a common fault of perception due to confirmation bias.

I grew up in the US and drove all over it for years before coming to Thailand, and I have continued to drive there a couple times of year (but for covid years) and I can probably count on one hand the number of non-emergency vehicles I've seen driving on the wrong side of the road, or the number of motorcycles on the sidewalk. 

Edited by Yellowtail
clarity

39 minutes ago, kwilco said:

There is a basic fallacious your premise; the percentage doesn't vary significantly at all. This is a common fault of perception due to confirmation bias.

You are perfectly free to believe that every country around the world has the same percentage of the driving population above a level that could be considered poor.

Just now, sandyf said:

You are perfectly free to believe that every country around the world has the same percentage of the driving population above a level that could be considered poor.

I think a big issue is that (at least in the US) kids grow up learning how to drive. Most kids in Thailand do not. 

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I think a big issue is that (at least in the US) kids grow up learning how to drive. Most kids in Thailand do not. 

You have lost the the point in question. 

I admitted to being reckless when young and someone then tried to say I was wrong to criticise Thai drivers.

Every country has reckless drivers, some more than others.

Your point is perfectly valid, a lack of driving skill and reckless behaviour becomes a lethal combination.

There are old drivers and there are bold drivers, but there are no old bold drivers.

15 hours ago, transam said:

Rubbish....????

How do you know who is biased or not, sounds like you are biased against bias-ness........????

That is true....but you failed to grasp that?

You just can't come up with and argument.

13 hours ago, sandyf said:

You have lost the the point in question. 

I admitted to being reckless when young and someone then tried to say I was wrong to criticise Thai drivers.

Every country has reckless drivers, some more than others.

Your point is perfectly valid, a lack of driving skill and reckless behaviour becomes a lethal combination.

There are old drivers and there are bold drivers, but there are no old bold drivers.

Not my point...my point is the profound lack of understanding of most expats in the face of clear evidence.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kwilco said:

Not my point...my point is the profound lack of understanding of most expats in the face of clear evidence.

Yes, but we're still waiting for the evidence, clear or otherwise...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kwilco said:

Clear evidence of what?

If you find it too difficult to stick to the point in question, best refrain.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, but we're still waiting for the evidence, clear or otherwise...

As I said the evidence is as clear as the nose on your face....you just don't want to see it. It your problem, not mine.

4 hours ago, kwilco said:

As I said the evidence is as clear as the nose on your face....

Yes, I know what you said, I am waiting for you to support support what you said.

You saying that something Is clear over and over does not support what you've said, and all it really makes clear is that you are intellectually lazy, at best.

4 hours ago, kwilco said:

...you just don't want to see it. It your problem, not mine.

How is your inability to support your position my problem? I'll just put you down as another blowhard spewing idiocy.

Please feel free to do the same for me.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kwilco said:

If you can't see it, you probably never will...sad but true.

You're out of order with your assumptions.....????

Don't I know you from somewhere....?  ????

• 4 months later...
On 9/25/2022 at 8:37 PM, In the jungle said:

Whenever I see someone driving a Chinese MG I assume they are an idiot.

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinions, even idiots.

Guess who will be laughing all the way to the bank if petrol prices shoot over 40 baht per litre.

On 9/25/2022 at 9:48 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Tell us why. Had my MG HS X now going on 2 years. Drives like a champ, is comfortable and has had no problems at all.

Yep ... loving our MG ZS also, so much so, that we're going to upgrade to the EV version.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I spotted a GWM Haval hybrid SUV in Hat Yai last week, an absolute beast of a vehicle.

I parked my MG HS next to one and yes the H6 is both taller, a little lo ger and a little wider. It does look like a solidly built vehicle as well.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 8:37 PM, In the jungle said:

Whenever I see someone driving a Chinese MG I assume they are an idiot.

lots of idiots around the world then, 1 million sold outside China in 84 countries, but they are wrong to buy

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, steve187 said:

lots of idiots around the world then, 1 million sold outside China in 84 countries, but they are wrong to buy

Are they wrong to buy or are they smart, try again if you believe that anything Chinese is trash.

43 minutes ago, steve187 said:

No, lots of selfish short sighted dummies who, by buying Chinese are supporting the evil CCP dictatorship. Some people only have cheap as a principal.

• Haha 1