Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

5 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Their aircraft are terrible.  To date, they have not be able to design and build a jet capable of operating off a carrier.  Their civil aircraft are poor, uneconomic  knock off designs that don't meet western spec. 

False dichotomy.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

By 60's standards maybe.

The MGA was OK never had mates having  trouble with  it.

The B was an engine that was used by race teams type of car racing because it was a reliable lump by all accounts.

My MGB.gt with the 1800 B engine overdrive on 3th and 4th leather seats, sunroof was a trouble free car for the 6 years till sold at a good s/h price,  only the wire wheels were a pain keep having to true them up. 

6 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Once again, your personal opinion does not make it a fact. To be honest, I would be hard pressed to name a single Japanese product I own. My ac is LG as is my Tv and fridge. M fridge freezer is cheap charlie Chinese brand (still works perfectly after 5 yrs). Air purifier, dehumidifier, robot vacuum etc all Chinese. Oh, I remember, one Jap product, a 5 yr old Mazda, that only starts intermittently and dealer’s workshop can’t even identify the problem. I do also own 3 Shoei helmets - top product.

China does make a lot of cheap and lower quality products (what you refer to as junk) - they are made to a price point. For eg, you can buy a Chinese made reciprocating saw for half the price of a Makita or De Walt. But unless you are a professional user or a prosumer, the Chinese one will more than satisfy your requirements. Why waste money unnecessarily or worse, deprive yourself of that tool because it’s too expensive? Chinese made products has been a boon to DIYers the world over. And lots of professional woodworkers will tell you that there are many Chinese made products that are on par with Japanese and European made ones at a more affordable price.

Get over your prejudices.

Thinking about and same here.  Can't think what I own that is made in Japan. 

Maybe one of my older Sony camera lens, though whole operation, most of, has been moved to TH, along with my most recent purchases made in TH. 

Best and most expensive lens, and their 'pro' lenses, are still made in China, I think, mine was.

Last ICE ... CH

Present EVs, car, MB, ebike ... CH

All drone & RC stuff ... CH

Laptop & TV ... Korea

Solar system components ... CH

Previous cars & MBs, JP brand, made in TH, wouldn't buy again.

I think a few other JP brands, but made in CH or TH..

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Fascinating story. And how much did you pay for this wheelbarrow? Did you pay a top notch price like a good European wheelbarrow? Or did you buy a cheap product because you are tight then complain when it falls apart not because it was cheap but because it was Chinese?

Most of these Chinese arguments fall down when you bring cost in to it. Pay for cheap junk and you will get cheap junk. But China has proven it can make extremely high quality products - trains, iPhones, luxury bags, fashion, computers, cars, bridges, tunnels - and in many ways it is light years ahead of the US. But because they also make cheap crap that has a market people (well racist people) equate that with their entire manufacturing output which is ridiculous.

I must admit, my wheelbarrow didn't have an MG badge, but it was Chinese.

But as you say, if it is cheap Chinese junk, then perhaps why Chinese MG cars are cheaper than the rest and use the Brit MG logo as a smoke screen,  junk, hmmmmmmmmmmmm................:whistling:

"China is years ahead of the USA", if you say so................????

S3e757a2724034da2b293b0fb414727343.jpg

Edited by Pink Mist
Baiting portion removed
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Thinking about and same here.  Can't think what I own that is made in Japan. 

Maybe one of my older Sony camera lens, though whole operation, most of, has been moved to TH, along with my most recent purchases made in TH. 

Best and most expensive lens, and their 'pro' lenses, are still made in China, I think, mine was.

Last ICE ... CH

Present EVs, car, MB, ebike ... CH

All drone & RC stuff ... CH

Laptop & TV ... Korea

Solar system components ... CH

Previous cars & MBs, JP brand, made in TH, wouldn't buy again.

I think a few other JP brands, but made in CH or TH..

Yes, China make other countries stuff, probably under their strict control using the Chinese cheap labour, same as Thailand and now India are doing.

The British MG is just a name for a Chinese car, end of...????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Saw a pick-up MG last month. Black; not yellow like the cars.

The MG Extender pick up comes in 5 colours ( white, silver, grey, black and red ) the cars also come in a similar range of colours, some including blue.

Yellow is only for the MG3 and MG5 i believe.

The latest, MG4 EV, has a great new light blue colour ( Holborn Blue ) but for some reason they don’t have the bright orange colour as used in the U.K. 

The first ZS ev variant came only in a pastel blue colour but the 2nd variant has more colours available.

Thinking about it MG has a wide range of colours.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DavisH said:

I'm waiting to see if the Chinese built tesla's are better built than the US ones...their reputation is not so crash hot. 

Considering that China build rather good trains and tracks, I’m sure they can build better Teslas if that’s the goal…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Considering that China build rather good trains and tracks, I’m sure they can build better Teslas if that’s the goal…

You mean, like their 747..............????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, transam said:

That pick-up is a Chinese Maxus truck, made to look like a British pick-up....????

You certainly know your stuff Trans.

2087516037_zzMGpickup.png.b2b5167ce7ca0d74135b7d5473ae4ce8.png

zzz.png.27a6394d2febe182cdb9342c9e538228.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The MG Extender pick up comes in 5 colours ( white, silver, grey, black and red ) the cars also come in a similar range of colours, some including blue.

Yellow is only for the MG3 and MG5 i believe.

The latest, MG4 EV, has a great new light blue colour ( Holborn Blue ) but for some reason they don’t have the bright orange colour as used in the U.K. 

The first ZS ev variant came only in a pastel blue colour but the 2nd variant has more colours available.

Thinking about it MG has a wide range of colours.

I notice white MGs lately. Yellow is the one the Thais seem to like. This one in the village t'other day. Parked outside the general store.

aa white MG.png

Edited by owl sees all
inserted a pic

22 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

You certainly know your stuff Trans.

2087516037_zzMGpickup.png.b2b5167ce7ca0d74135b7d5473ae4ce8.png

zzz.png.27a6394d2febe182cdb9342c9e538228.png

Anyone thinking about buying should know those things.  Common knowledge for any savvy shopper.   How people don't know that is surprising.

If I'm spending more than ฿500 for something, I'm researching it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I notice white MGs lately. Yellow is the one the Thais seem to like. This one in the village t'other day. Parked outside the general store.

aa white MG.png

White is just too practical in the tropics ... IF ... you keep it clean.  Why we went with silver ... ????

Would have preferred to stay with red, but not available in our 'D' model, ZS, only 'X' version of ZS, offering more colors than W/B/S.  Actually an inexpensive upgrade, but didn't want the options that come with it.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 8:34 PM, DavisH said:

I'm waiting to see if the Chinese built tesla's are better built than the US ones...their reputation is not so crash hot. 

"Chinese cars are among the safest of 2022 in the EuroNCAP tests"

Tesla Model Y, that was tested, was 'made in CH'

https://time.news/chinese-cars-are-among-the-safest-of-2022-in-the-euroncap-tests/

"MG Mulan and 2 Other Chinese Cars Earn 5-Stars In Latest Euro-NCAP Ratings

https://carnewschina.com/2022/12/07/mg-mulan-and-2-other-chinese-cars-earn-5-stars-in-latest-euro-ncap-ratings/

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 12:30 PM, leba said:

People have no interest in quality ?

I'm afraid I'd have to question your interpretation of quality. Quality doesn't mean the best, it means fitness for purpose and giving the customer what he/she wants.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, matchar said:

I guess the problem with Japanese cars is they are made in Thailand...

I would prefer a car made in China personally.

Japanese cars are assembled in Thailand, they are Japanese engineering designed.

State your reasons for preferring a Chinese made car......?

• Confused 1