Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

The only reason that Protons sell in Malaysia is because it’s one of the cheapest cars you can buy. That’s why you hardly see any protons outside of Malaysia. 

The only slightly decent proton is the X70 which is a Chinese made car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geely_Boyue

You didn't just say China...

... Oh krap

23 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I’ve already ordered a Haval H6 PHEV. All reviews thus far gave it high marks. Much better specced than anything else available at the moment, could well be the best value car of the year. Reliability record seems good.

I have tried to get the price for the H6 PHEV a few times, via LINE and at a mini motor show a couple of months ago.
Asked again today as GWM had the Jolion HEV and H6 HEV  on show at the local mall but the rep said price will only be revealed on 7/8th October .

Do you know ??

( serious question as I am interested in a PHEV )

9 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I have a very gay neighbour who washes his MG car every other day and pops out the sunroof to clean the roof and it winds me up so much and he has all the British made stickers all over it.

For this reason I hate the MG even more than I should.

Apart from that it's probably OK but I always feel that these sort of cars have a very low deposit to get them out the showroom otherwise why else would people purchase them?

A true homophobic response.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I have tried to get the price for the H6 PHEV a few times, via LINE and at a mini motor show a couple of months ago.
Asked again today as GWM had the Jolion HEV and H6 HEV  on show at the local mall but the rep said price will only be revealed on 7/8th October .

Do you know ??

( serious question as I am interested in a PHEV )

According to GWM, price will be announced on October 7 at 6 pm, on their website presumably.

• Thanks 2

On 10/1/2022 at 1:18 PM, kwilco said:

Who all have factories in China.

Isuzu make very high quality cars. Japanese brand.

I remember sitting in an Isuzu once in a grab, probably the worst car I’ve sat in, in terms of smoothness, actually MG might have been worse overall in terms of smoothness because they’re cars versus trucks. Old Toyota taxis ride better. 

Edited by dj230
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2022 at 7:57 AM, dj230 said:

I remember sitting in an Isuzu once in a grab, probably the worst car I’ve sat in, in terms of smoothness, actually MG might have been worse overall in terms of smoothness because they’re cars versus trucks. Old Toyota taxis ride better. 

I don't think so.....what cars do Izusu make that can be used as a taxi?

7 hours ago, dj230 said:

grab is like uber you use your own car

...and what sort of car do you think it was....the only Izusus you see are pickups.

So your using a pick up truck as a comparison?

Edited by kwilco
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

The SUV? Based on the pickup truck. You don't know...

Yes, same as Fortuner, which is a nice comfy ride.  Would expect the MU-X to be about the same.  Latest generation a collaboration with GM.  But yes, still a truck 'platform' SUV.

Would think rare, but not a stretch for GRAB driver to use, as we got picked up once in a Fortuner, and was a very pleasant surprise.

Edited by KhunLA

32 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yes, same as Fortuner, which is a nice comfy ride.  Would expect the MU-X to be about the same.  Latest generation a collaboration with GM.  But yes, still a truck 'platform' SUV.

Would think rare, but not a stretch for GRAB driver to use, as we got picked up once in a Fortuner, and was a very pleasant surprise.

On 10/5/2022 at 8:41 AM, kwilco said:

""remember sitting in an Isuzu once in a grab, probably the worst car I’ve sat in," 

So, sound likely to you?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kwilco said:

The SUV? Based on the pickup truck. You don't know...

was a pickup truck Isuzu, not sure the model, back door wasn't very big so wasn't a full sized pickup truck, not much space in the back 

I googled isuzu pickups and just briefly looking assuming it was a d-max because the backdoor is quite small on those.

Edited by dj230

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

was a pickup truck Isuzu, not sure the model, back door wasn't very big so wasn't a full sized pickup truck, not much space in the back 

I googled isuzu pickups and just briefly looking assuming it was a d-max because the backdoor is quite small on those.

Basically your comparison based on going in a pickup once,  is worthless, then.

Edited by kwilco

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2021 at 7:02 PM, leba said:

Avoiding buying chinese cars is very easy !

so even when they have choice people do the wrong choice and then later complain that they are doggies of china hahahaha

so funny

Claiming that views conflicting yours are 'funny', 'laughable', 'hahaha', in no way gives credence to your narrative.

Try another strategy, might work well for you...