Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

1. 1 2022 Cadillac CT5: 2/10 Reliability Rating.
  2. 2 2022 Volvo S60: 6/10 Reliability Rating. ...
  3. 3 2013 BMW 5-Series: 2/10 Reliability Rating. ...
  4. 4 2012 Volvo S60: 4/10 Reliability Rating. ...
  5. 5 2022 Alfa Romeo Giulia: 2/5 Reliability Rating. ...

We need to know their problems, niggly stuff, or major stuff...????

But saying that, there isn't a ride on the planet that is problem free.......

• Confused 1

1. 1 2022 Cadillac CT5: 2/10 Reliability Rating.
  2. 2 2022 Volvo S60: 6/10 Reliability Rating. ...
  3. 3 2013 BMW 5-Series: 2/10 Reliability Rating. ...
  4. 4 2012 Volvo S60: 4/10 Reliability Rating. ...
  5. 5 2022 Alfa Romeo Giulia: 2/5 Reliability Rating. ..

I'd still buy the Alfa.????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

We need to know their problems, niggly stuff, or major stuff...????

But saying that, there isn't a ride on the planet that is problem free.......

Some are worse than others.  Depends what you call "problem free". I had a Hyundai for 8 years that never had a problem of any kind, but everything wears out eventually.

Just now, giddyup said:

Some are worse than others.  Depends what you call "problem free". I had a Hyundai for 8 years that never had a problem of any kind, but everything wears out eventually.

I had a Volvo 760 Estate, had 200,000 miles on the clock, think I replace a top hose.....????

• Confused 3

21 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Lexus. As Toyota's luxury division, Lexus adheres to many of the same standards of quality and vehicle dependability, which shows in its current rankings. ...

I'm still saving up for a GR Yaris.????????

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I had a Volvo 760 Estate, had 200,000 miles on the clock, think I replace a top hose.....????

Volvo ... yea, SAIC produces a few of them Volvos, as does Geely, since being the largest share holder.

Thoughts on that ... ????

Along with CH producing some other brands:

Honda

Benz

BMW

VW

Nissan

Peugeot-Citroën

Toyota

GM

Ford

Mazda

Polestar

Lotus

Hyundai

Mitsubishi

Isuzu

Peugeot

Stellantis/Fiat Chrysler

• Like 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

Volvo ... yea, SAIC produces a few of them Volvos, as does Geely, since being the largest share holder.

Thoughts on that ... ????

Along with CH producing some other brands:

Honda

Benz

BMW

VW

Nissan

Peugeot-Citroën

Toyota

GM

Ford

Mazda

Polestar

Lotus

Hyundai

Mitsubishi

Isuzu

Peugeot

Stellantis/Fiat Chrysler

How many of those are just assembled.............?

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Good morning JB, my Volvo 760 Estate was not a Chinese brand, or had much to do with China, unless you know better............????

Guess it depends what year:

"Volvo Cars

Main article: Volvo Cars

Owned 82% by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (post Volvo Cars IPO).[14] Zhejiang Geely Holding Group acquired Volvo Cars from Ford Motor Company in 2010" - wiki

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Guess it depends what year:

"Volvo Cars

Main article: Volvo Cars

Owned 82% by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (post Volvo Cars IPO).[14] Zhejiang Geely Holding Group acquired Volvo Cars from Ford Motor Company in 2010" - wiki

Read my post to JB again.............????

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Sticking with the cheap/inexpensive cars available in TH, what is available for the low budget/thrifty (me) car shopper.  Disregarding anti CH sentiment, as it will have parts from CH, but will need to be 'Made in TH', ICEVs, and they start at ฿600k price point, up to a silly ฿830k for top end model of the same ????

That's for some performance, without enhancement, so 4 cyl, 1.5L engine, AT.   

What I wouldn't buy again, drivetrain is fine, but comfort level, noise & ride not the best, especially at speed:

Toyota Vios, discontuing, now Yaris.

Mazda 2

Ones I've peeked at, and or test drove, and would not buy:

Honda Jazz

Honda City

Nissan Note

Nissan Almera

MG3 - discontinuing ?

Suzuki Swift

3 cyl or <฿600k cars, you get what you pay for.

Slim pickins, and why we bought the MG ZS (ICE) in 2020 @ ฿695 for mid level model, of the 3/entry/mid/top.  Now they offer 4 models, starting @ ฿689k

More than enough performance and comfort, for those 3-4 hrs on Thai roads.

If not having the EV version, and needing to buy something different, I'd peek at the MG line up only, for both ICE & EV.

IF not MG, then I'd stick with EVs only, as a couple ฿549 to ฿830k+/-

• Like 1

Finally pimped out our ZS, getting rid of that 'Brit' stigma of poor reliability in auto manufacturing. 

May need to open in another tab & enlarge to appreciate, below left brake/turning signal:

PIMPED OUT.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Finally pimped out our ZS, getting rid of that 'Brit' stigma of poor reliability in auto manufacturing. 

May need to open in another tab & enlarge to appreciate, below left brake/turning signal:

PIMPED OUT.jpg

That's great, now get rid of the MG badge and replace it with, perhaps, a plastic rickshaw emblem, which would be more truthful.............:clap2:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I think "CH JNK" is supposed to stand for "Chinese Junk" which is an oh so hilarious really poor Photoshop job undoubtedly made by an anti-China racist or rabidly pro-US right winger (same thing really). Definitely done by someone with no independent judgement or first hand experience anyway. Maybe transam himself?

It's definitely not a Trans Am. When I used to ride a Ducati we called Japanese bikes "rice burners".

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

I think "CH JNK" is supposed to stand for "Chinese Junk" which is an oh so hilarious really poor Photoshop job undoubtedly made by an anti-China racist or rabidly pro-US right winger (same thing really). Definitely done by someone with no independent judgement or first hand experience anyway. Maybe transam himself?

The car looks nothing like a Trans Am but it appears you have a knack for cracking these cryptic plates. Lots more over in the Reddit stable if you enjoy the challenge but be aware they play for fun and without racist cards.

This is a tricky one.

preview_SPZ.jpg.365424679de337f38ba435cfc829f80d.jpg

11 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I think "CH JNK" is supposed to stand for "Chinese Junk"

Wow, nothing gets past you, does it? 

which is an oh so hilarious really poor Photoshop job undoubtedly made by an anti-China racist or rabidly pro-US right winger (same thing really). Definitely done by someone with no independent judgement or first hand experience anyway. Maybe transam himself?

As opposed to the racist, China loving, rabid anti-US left then? 

Edited by Yellowtail
sp
  • Confused 3

Unless one has been to Hong Kong (China), I doubt very much if he would have laid eyes  on or sailed in a junk. These are magnificently made sailing ships, long before western civilisation as we know it came about. These vessels ruled the seas, in the days when China and India were the dominant countries in the world. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2023 at 12:35 PM, transam said:

That's great, now get rid of the MG badge and replace it with, perhaps, a plastic rickshaw emblem, which would be more truthful.............:clap2:

What's wrong with the Mechanical Greatness badge ????

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

????..........Very funny......................????

No racist stuff from me, that's your mistake, just my thoughts on the use of the MG name and Union Jack on the boot to sell a 100% Chinese creation.....????

18 minutes ago, transam said:

That would probably also be a dodgy statement, will probably mean since "1924"..................????

You mean 2011 ????

"The first all-new MG-branded model for 16 years, the MG 6, was officially launched on 26 June 2011"

The rest as they say ... is history.

• Thumbs Up 1