Why so many chinese cars MG cars ? do people only care to buy something cheap, whatever is the quality ?

leba

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

And I suppose if I ask you to name the 8 best cars in the world you will tell me to do my own ressearch again.

Your patriotism is indeed heartwarming.

Go uk!

I cant wait for the first electric austin marina

It's "Morris Marina", which became the Morris Ital, all the info is here....chum......????

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh well, you do not understand my point, never mind....

"Passion Drives Since 1924"......????

https://www.mgcars.com/en/Home

https://www.mgcars.com/en/Home

OK, so people that own and drive MGs, since 1924 are passionate about it, in a good way, I would think that's what that implies.

Can't disagree much with that, passion drives it's production & sales, quite 'accurate' not deceptive and no argument here.

Moving on .... 

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

OK, so people that own and drive MGs, since 1924 are passionate about it, in a good way, I would think that's what that implies.

Can't disagree much with that, passion drives it's production & sales, quite 'accurate' not deceptive and no argument here.

Moving on .... 

Shame the customers had no passion to buy them nor the company had passion to build anything decent.

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Shame the customers had no passion to buy them nor the company had passion to build anything decent.

Sales #s and reviews tell a different story from those folks that don't own and knock the product.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Moving on .... 

The "Passion" since 1924 relates to its performance heritage......????

1514248600_MG19244.jpg.d0d0bdfaf200de191ef24e0e13dbd0ef.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, n00dle said:

And I suppose if I ask you to name the 8 best cars in the world you will tell me to do my own ressearch again.

Your patriotism is indeed heartwarming.

Go uk!

I cant wait for the first electric austin marina

Yes just google it. 

???? The Marina van has to be one of the worse vans I ever had next to the J4 and one other Morris van. 

The Transit a bit better the van before it better. 

The best van ever was the Mercedes. 

Edited by Kwasaki

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Clearly, thats why the Brits sold out to the Chinese.

You mean .... Bailed out by the Chinese, because previous owners of, produced a substandard car nobody wanted.

Edited by KhunLA

7 minutes ago, transam said:

The "Passion" since 1924 relates to its performance heritage......????

1514248600_MG19244.jpg.d0d0bdfaf200de191ef24e0e13dbd0ef.jpg

A niche market from days past.  People need to live in the now.

Sure someone has one of those for sale, if your in the market.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

You mean .... Bailed out by the Chinese, and small yuan to the pound at that, because they produced a substandard car nobody wanted.

MG was sold to the Chinese by BMW, Germany...

Seems a couple of you are walking in the dark....????

1 minute ago, transam said:

MG was sold to the Chinese by BMW, Germany...

Seems a couple of you are walking in the dark....????

Yea, made that correction, as apparently nobody could succeed where China excelled at.

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

TC.Learnt to drive in one in Melb.Yerned for TF. Owned MGB hardtop for many yrs.

I had an 1964 MGB roadster, good fun back then, loved the breeze going through my hair, won't do that now though...???? 

8 minutes ago, transam said:

You rascal, not swatted up eh....

The Germans owned Rover, which included the MG thing. The Germans sold the MG badge on to the Chinese....☺️

Ahh my bad, did not realise MG was a German brand.

Why are you Brits so defensive ?

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Ahh my bad, did not realise MG was a German brand.

Why are you Brits so defensive ?

BMW bought the Rover Group, probably because of the Mini thing.

Being a Brit has nothing to do with anything, I would defend you if I thought you were right. ????

4 minutes ago, transam said:

BMW bought the Rover Group, probably because of the Mini thing.

Being a Brit has nothing to do with anything, I would defend you if I thought you were right. ????

Knowing now they are from German heritage I like them now  and apologise for directing my dislike towards the Brits.

2 hours ago, transam said:

It's "Morris Marina", which became the Morris Ital, all the info is here....chum......????

I beg to differ.

But then, in your myopic jingoism, you would not be able to understand that it was badged austin for the  international market.

I had the misfortune of being gifted one of the seven expprted for my first car.

...chum

Edited by n00dle

23 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Your wasting your time trying educate a know it all. ????

Truer words were never spoke.

I seem to remember another truism about new tricks and shooting old dogs.

Edited by n00dle

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Apparently these folks were unsuccessful, or SAIC wouldn't be producing them, after they merged / bought out  Nanjing Automobile Group.  Even took them 4 years to turn the company around and put out the first new, redesigned model, MG 6.  The rest is history.

mg.png

All to do with the UK and Rover, then the Chinese thought,

"Wow, I have a great idea to sell the stuff nobody will buy, we can call them "Brit MG"............????

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, n00dle said:

I beg to differ.

But then, in your myopic jingoism, you would not be able to understand that it was badged austin for the  international market.

I had the misfortune of being gifted one of the seven expprted for my first car.

...chum

I wonder why they sold it to the Americans as an Austin Marina, how strange, in the UK the last of the Marina saga was named Morris Ital, hmmmm, something to add to my grey cells....☺️

16 minutes ago, transam said:

All to do with the UK and Rover, then the Chinese thought,

"Wow, I have a great idea to sell the stuff nobody will buy, we can call them "Brit MG"............????

Just looked and mine has 'Brit Dynamic' on it, and possible the first time I actually read it.  I know I read 'brit designed' somewhere, maybe promo advert.  Don't know what 'dynamic' means, and as stated earlier 'brit design' certainly didn't influence my purchase.

If made in the UK, I definitely would not have purchased it, as having that negative opinion of UK owned MG manufacturing.  

Anyone thinking it's a brit MG is an idiot.  Although since the keep an UK address, I could actually be 'brit designed', so again, NO deception.

Let it go man ... BE SAFE

Had to google it, and can't get any more honest than that:

dynamic ... adjective

1. 1.
    (of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.
Edited by KhunLA