Yellow book requirements

30 minutes ago, Tanlic said:

Because I rent the local Tesseban want a letter from the British Embassy before they will issue a yellow book.

I'll be 76 this year have COPD and I live 120km from the nearest Airport. So I need 2 taxis and a flight just to get there. Then I have to stay overnight then make my way back home.

Apart from the cost and the fact I am ill the British Embassy don't have the foggiest Idea where I live. Whereas immigration certainly do.

Typical Thai bloody nonsense they really are clueless at times.

Your 76 years old.

Don't bother yourself with this trivial nonsense of having a yellow book/ Id card.

Just enjoy your time  here. :jap:

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2024 at 3:35 PM, rocketboy2 said:

Your 76 years old.

Don't bother yourself with this trivial nonsense of having a yellow book/ Id card.

Just enjoy your time  here. :jap:

The idea is if I change my car ot bike I dont have to travel 240km to immigration and back the get a motorbike to the DLT to register it which is 200km round trip......kinda hard to enjoy that at my agae

5 minutes ago, Tanlic said:

The idea is if I change my car ot bike I dont have to travel 240km to immigration and back the get a motorbike to the DLT to register it which is 200km round trip......kinda hard to enjoy that at my agae

How many more times do you imagine needing to do that ? is it worth the hassle of getting the Yellow House Book ?

Another point to consider - IF your DLT accepts the Yellow House Book as proof of address or not, as its been reported on here: Some DLT's do not accept the Yellow House Book.

Regarding obtaining Certificate of Residence from Immigration - is that something someone could do on your behalf ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Regarding obtaining Certificate of Residence from Immigration - is that something someone could do on your behalf ?

Yes, with a Power of Attorney.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Tanlic said:

You state you have a car , just drive it there and back or get someone to drive it for you.

or a taxi, yes a bit expensive, but how many times will you ever need to do this.

even if you have to stay over night, just turn it into a small holiday.

as pointed out above, a yellow book may not be excepted at the DLT.

Good luck, with what ever you choose to do. :jap:

Edited by rocketboy2