Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

16 minutes ago, Tim207 said:

Anybody know what a blue zone is? My home province is not a blue zone and i have no idea if that means i cant go or just no booze. Dont care about the bars but if their tracking app is meant to keep us in the blue zones not much point in going back.

you suppose to stay in blue zone for 7 days. You can go out, just sleep at hotel - sandbox model.

Chose zone the nearest to your home or invite your family to join you for one week holiday. I would chose seaside - pattaya, hua hin, ratchaburi or even phuket. Nice time together after long no see. SHA+ hotels start from 400b for a double room. You still pay that for single occupancy

Edited by internationalism

12 minutes ago, Tim207 said:

Anybody know what a blue zone is? My home province is not a blue zone and i have no idea if that means i cant go or just no booze. Dont care about the bars but if their tracking app is meant to keep us in the blue zones not much point in going back.

A Blue Zone. A place to visit to give you the blues.????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, internationalism said:

you suppose to stay in blue zone for 7 days. You can go out.

Chose zone the nearest to your home or invite your family to join you for one week holiday. I would chose seaside - pattaya, hua hin, ratchaburi or even phuket. Nice time together after long no see 

if that is accurate i am fine with it. I usually spend a few days in bangkok to adjust anyway. A few more days wont kill me. Was that mentioned in one of the press releases? I didn't see it anywhere, although i stopped reading the daily rule changes awhile back.

• Like 1

richard barrow wrote about it in his first newsletter about entry rules. 

"I just learned today that you have to stay in the first province that you picked. So, if these people want to go to Pattaya, they should try and arrive in Thailand during the day and book a SHA+ hotel in Pattaya with a hotel transfer. So, basically, these Sandbox people are stuck in one province, much like in the Phuket Sandbox. But after seven days, and after the negative test results on the last day, you then get the freedom of all 77 provinces."

https://www.getrevue.co/profile/richardbarrow/issues/reopening-of-thailand-dispatch-1-826907

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

just covid insurance.

from 1.5 to 2.5k per month (depending of departure country). For the whole stay in thailand or end of visa/extension

Which is  odd  when you can buy covid  insurance in Thailand for less than 1k  baht,smells  to me

36 minutes ago, internationalism said:

richard barrow wrote about it in his first newsletter about entry rules. 

"I just learned today that you have to stay in the first province that you picked. So, if these people want to go to Pattaya, they should try and arrive in Thailand during the day and book a SHA+ hotel in Pattaya with a hotel transfer. So, basically, these Sandbox people are stuck in one province, much like in the Phuket Sandbox. But after seven days, and after the negative test results on the last day, you then get the freedom of all 77 provinces."

https://www.getrevue.co/profile/richardbarrow/issues/reopening-of-thailand-dispatch-1-826907

thanks for the link. looks like i am headed home.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Which is  odd  when you can buy covid  insurance in Thailand for less than 1k  baht,smells  to me

because thai covid isnurance with below 1k covers 100k baht. Good enough for asymptomatic stay at the government hospital and for hospitel.

For entry they need $50k so 1.6mln baht, so to cover any hospital stay (likely private one) and for long time. Some patients stay for manu weeks and months, depending on their condition. That includes ICU for as long as needed

• Thanks 2

The first I've read of this.  You can't leave your zone for 7 days after arrival!  So not free to travel anywhere in Thailand.  And your first night has to be within 2 hours of where you land.  I'm guessing swampy.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/thailand-reopening-living-in-the-blue-zone-17-sandbox-destinations/

Revised-Traveller-Journey-Living-in-The-

Requirements:

• Travel by air from any country around the world.
  • Stay the first 7 nights within one of the 17 Blue Zone Sandbox destinations if planning to continue the journey to other destinations in Thailand.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Wher is that available? I haven't been keeping tracking of the best insurance but I'll need it to meet the ridiculous entry requirements.  Best I can find is AXA, 2 weeks for 1,900 baht.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Twin Peaks said:

Wher is that available? I haven't been keeping tracking of the best insurance but I'll need it to meet the ridiculous entry requirements.  Best I can find is AXA, 2 weeks for 1,900 baht.

Dont  know  Wife  did  it for me last year when covid  kicked  off then renewed it  this  year 800  baht , probably doesnt cover 50k$, and dont forget that  lovely new  500 baht entry fee, I mean theyre  going to get 40  million visitors FOR SURE and surely 40 million x 500 baht  will  cover the miniscule  amount of hospitalisations...you  think

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The biggest question as I have posted it earlier in the thread, and can not find an answer to is "Will these new requirements and restrictions on traveling to certain provinces for a tourist keep an already residing resident, like myself, who travels out and then back in from going there"?, and "How will the ATK test needed to be taken on Day 6 or 7 be reported if your staying in your own dwelling, like I have and many others have, or did they do away with that requirement as I do not see it in the infographic for this OP"? "How long will I have to keep the Mor Chana app on as far as tracking?, for the rest of my time in Thailand?"  Does anyone see a definite disparity here, or am I just overthinking this.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Great informative post from Mr Fairfield.

It cuts through all the moving goalposts and bs of the many 'Entry into  Thailand' threads. 

If the post was beer it would probably be Carlsberg.

btw   The UK press today  is full of Thai beach photos and lazy journalism.        **Thailand now open - No quarantine**   

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The first I've read of this.  You can't leave your zone for 7 days after arrival!  So not free to travel anywhere in Thailand.  And your first night has to be within 2 hours of where you land.  I'm guessing swampy.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/thailand-reopening-living-in-the-blue-zone-17-sandbox-destinations/

Revised-Traveller-Journey-Living-in-The-

Requirements:

• Travel by air from any country around the world.
  • Stay the first 7 nights within one of the 17 Blue Zone Sandbox destinations if planning to continue the journey to other destinations in Thailand.

Oh, My goodness.   Just what every holiday reveler is looking for.

Thailand is open boys!!