Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, Heng said:

We're not exempt any more.   Fully vaxxed Thai nationals up until Nov. 1 WERE exempt from pre flight PCR requirements but after Nov. 1 it's....:

The Royal Thai Consulate-General, Los Angeles, would like to provide information on travelling from the US to Thailand during COVID-19, from November1, 2021 onwards, as follows:

1. Thai nationals who are fully vaccinated (i.e. travel at least 14 days after completing required dose(s)), and have a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test result (no more than 72 hours before travel), will be exempted from quarantine BUT will have to stay at one of the SHA+ hotels or Alternative Quarantine hotels (AQ) for 1 night for another RT-PCR test at the hotel. If the test is negative, travelers will be able to travel to other domestic destinations freely.

Has anyone lately encountered the situation with a mixed married couple (1 foreign and 1 Thai) arriving together on an international flight from one of the 46 low-risk countries...under the current rules?

Specifically, other than the testing requirements listed above, once you get to the SHA+ or AQ hotel, are they going to require two separate rooms while you wait for the PCR test results, OR, they'll let a mixed married couple stay together in the same QUARANTINE (  ????  ) room?

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Ever heard of KISS principle?

I never knew 'keeping it simple' could be referred to as that..............'Yes' I did google too!!!!............guess that's my new catch phrase then....................

7 hours ago, Gandtee said:

So how does an 88 year old get insurance to return from the UK? Is it Health insurance or just a Covid insurance?

It was earlier stated as Covid-19 insurance, and though that now seems to have covertly transformed into general health insurance for the length of the visa/extension 

And we still maintain 800K baht cash on hand in savings accounts 

Should have a better was to accept self-insurance rather than useless insurance coverage rip-off that will not cover relating to age, and pre-existing condition, etc

If all stays like it is now , i will come in January . These rules are ok for me . 1 or 2 night in quaratine hotel , not the best but 100% understandable . Insurance , can't imagine travelling without it , if it does stay like it , i'll skip my (extensive ) insurance i got back here , ok .

I can go everywhere , and by that time there should be some drinking possible . Good enough for me ... i'll take it after 2 years of not travelling .

TBH i hope not too many people take it , since i not looking forwards sitting in crowded airplane for 12-18h ( transfer time included ) . Although you can be infected in that time , it won't show up positive in Thailand since that would take a few days , so at least after the test done .

I have read a lot about the new requirements  but heard nothing about showing flight details does this mean that sending flight details is not required  for the Thailand pass ( it was a requirement for the COE )

I take that the hotel you book for the 1 night quarantine  when landing  will have to know your flight details  as they will pick you up at the  airport  

Regards

1 hour ago, WHansen said:

Personally, i can deal with all this, but i will not book anything until i can go out for a beer with my friends.

Fingers crossed, that is not too far away.

nothing against you but the amount of people that wont travel if the booze aint flowin is mind boggling

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bvor said:

the thailand pass 50k insurance requirement must include general health cover as well as covid 19 cover. TGIA cover as per your links is for covid 19 only and by itself ( ie without general health cover) appears that it would not comply for the thailand pass.

Which means the over eighties are trapped. Health insurance is impossible to get after that age.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

To be really honest ,    it's all still far to complicated and messy .....

If I'm going on holiday,   I expect as little hassle as possible :

*  provide a vaccine certificate

*  1 x test conducted at the airport upon entry, if negative then free to travel anywhere in Thailand.

No CoE,  No test & go, No thai pass.

If no vaccine certificate :

quarantine 7 days at SHA or AQH 

*  2 X tests,   one at day one of quarantine, second at day 7 of quarantine, if both negative then free to travel Thailand.   

No CoE,  No test & go, No thai pass.

That's an easy plan imo.  

Precisely.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tim207 said:

Anybody know what a blue zone is? My home province is not a blue zone and i have no idea if that means i cant go or just no booze. Dont care about the bars but if their tracking app is meant to keep us in the blue zones not much point in going back.

My wife lives in korat..the province is NOT on the blue list.Means if i go to BKK we cant meet echother.I just left BKK 2 months ago.We had good times together in BKK.(3months)Today we agree that its no reason for me to come back before every restrictions is off.She have a business in korat and its wasted money to go this time she said.(maybe shes jealous).Anyway im not going this year.Today i talk on cam with her kids and family and if we cant even go out dining its wasted time.YES..i speak thai.

• Like 1

A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.

Be aware this is not necessary 100% true, they may also require a Hotel certificate in addition to the booking if its not a direct booking. I used Agoda and Thai embassy in Seoul in my case rejected the application (COE application) because Agoda booking did not have the actual hotels COVID19 certification approved by Thai government. 

Be also aware contacting any Thai embassy could take days, I have spent today 6h calling Thai embassy in Seoul and had to pretend I was Thai national to get anybody to talk to me, even then they put the phone down on me 3 times, on the 4th call I pretended to be Thai I got some kind of answer followed by a rejection of the application due to missing official certificates from the hotel. I called the hotel in Bangkok, they were very helpful and I received everything within 20min. 

Until I hear a good story regarding this so called opening I will remain in my view, if you don't need don't go. Unfortunately I must go due to family.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, oscarsmum said:

Can anyone here pls advise where the arrival PCR test is taken? Airport clinic? Planning on arriving in Phuket mid evening. I’ve booked one night at a SHA+ hotel near Phuket Airport. Better plan to book 2 nights? Thank you for input.

Hi - The PCR test is part of your SHA+ / AQ booking. It will be done at the hotel and the transport will be from the airport which is also included in your SHA+ / AQ booking. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lingba said:

all I can say is get ready for complete confusion and chaos on November 1st

You mean the new normal. But then most announcements by the government end up in confusion. 'You misunderstood. We didn't mean that.'????

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And there it is. Yes it is a quarantine, and not quarantine FREE.....

....and it will cost you a few hundred USD including PCR test and air port pick in the booking. Be aware they may require a hotel certificate if booking at AGODA etc. Its still unanswered questions and if go, start very early in the planning since it could take a long time to get all the documents to pass.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Jumping through hoops??

It's one test on arrival and a night in a hotel, hardly difficult.

If they wish to find another holiday destination that's up to them but that's what it is here.

Many people that have holiday'd here for years will return under these rules, for sure!

You forgot about the ATK test on day 6 or 7 before traveling elsewhere.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

Do long-term residents in Thailand need to have health insurance if we are already in Thailand and just visiting an approved country for a short time (below 21 days) and then come back to Thailand?

That will discourage people from going abroad from Thailand.

Good point, probable that the idea is to discourage travel abroad and encourage spending the money at home (in Thailand) instead

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Absolute garbage.

The virus can be undetected one day and detected the next, there will be a specific point in time when it changes from undetectable to detectable.

Some people may well have had the virus that remained below a detectable level.

So why not test  daily,  i mean come on we  all want to be  safe  dont we

• Sad 1

Still seems a lot of issues....pre-flight test £50-£150 costs, possibly expensive Airport pickup to quarantine hotel, quarantine for 1 night at high cost which might end up as 10+ nights if you have a a temperature etc, arrival tests at what cost, extra insurances (which I have strong doubts whether they would pay for 10 day quarantine).

I hope they eventually see the light and turn it on!

Edited by Pdavies99
  • Sad 1