Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

more hoops to jump through... seems Thai think people will com here no matter what... look at the airline landing spot: 80% returned to airports... obviously Thai can not interpret trend data that is right in front of them...  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, robblok said:

But many countries have limitations and people are overly focusing on the negative. 

Seems to be the norm for many. It’s a stepping stone towards relaxation but travelling as it was will likely never return so people need to adjust and prioritise accordingly. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, generealty said:

Where can I get a list of approved SHA+ certified hotel or alternative quarantine hotel for one night while they await the result of a RT-PCR test ?

You don't need a list. Go onto Booking.com and SHA+ hotels have the classification clearly indicated.

I naively thought that the Thailand Pass was going to produce an instant QR code but, of course, that's not the way things work in Thailand. People don't want to wait any more, just like booking a hotel or even buying insurance: you want to click and it's all confirmed.

• Thanks 2

Reported post with no explanation of included link has been removed.

15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed. No shortened version urls or affiliate links permitted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

For someone that has entered and left 5 times over the last 18 months, all these positive changes are a step in the right direction and make a massive difference.

Did you actually travel as a tourist?

Slight difference if your travels are part of work........

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bvor said:

your link does not describe the 50k insurance as covid 19 ONLY. check out todays bangkok post articles for better clarity of this insurance issue. the covid 19 tgia site is outdated - 100,000 is no longer the minimum for covid 19   

The post is from the Thai EMBASSY.

6 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I would love to know how they propose to successfully police all of these rules and regulations, they will need to double the number of police ....LOL

Don't worry about that - the locals will police it for them.  Both times that my wife has returned home (from the UK) over the last 2 years and opened her salon, she's been descended upon by local officials who seemed to know she was home before some of her family did. The jungle drums are alive and well.

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

just covid insurance.

from 1.5 to 2.5k per month (depending of departure country). For the whole stay in thailand or end of visa/extension

From where?  The TGIA website is quoting 4800 for 30 days.

12 minutes ago, Bvor said:

the thailand pass 50k insurance requirement must include general health cover as well as covid 19 cover. TGIA cover as per your links is for covid 19 only and by itself ( ie without general health cover) appears that it would not comply for the thailand pass.

This is where the link comes from: http://covid19.tpia.org

https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

Regulations on Entering Thailand from 1 November 2021 onwards can be found below:

Entering-Thailand-after-1-November-THandENG-final-page-003-1024x791.jpg

Edited by jerrymahoney
(Letter +5 digit number)

Most peoples health insurance only covers them in their home country so all visitors will be required to buy a specific Thai health insurance policy that covers, in-patient, covid insurance, minimum US$50,000, this alone will stop many people from visiting thailand, just another additional cost and so good from the insurance providers here.  The older you are the higher the premium.  Again only rich people need apply, don't want those poor backpackers who don't spend enough money!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

This is where the link comes from:

https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

Regulations on Entering Thailand from 1 November 2021 onwards can be found below:

Entering-Thailand-after-1-November-THandENG-final-page-003-1024x791.jpg

i am know where your link comes from as with TGIA which i have used in the past. my information from the todays bangkok post and also last weeks quoting a senior gov't spokeswoman clearly indicates that the 50k insurance cover in respect to the thailand pass must include general health cover. even the embassy wording states "including covid19" suggesting that its not only covid19 cover that is required. i won't be using TGIA covid