Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

just covid insurance.

from 1.5 to 2.5k per month (depending of departure country). For the whole stay in thailand or end of visa/extension

the new 50k insurance is not described as covid19 only. todays bangkok post states in no uncertain terms that it must be for "general" insurance as well as for covid 19. TIT strikes again in the land of silly!  

14 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Like I said. It all depends on how much someone wants to visit and what their reasons are. 

Not ideal for sure but certainly not arduous compared to previous requirements, but then everyone’s definition of arduous will differ I guess. 

Correct being arduous to a single man as you coming over is perhaps not as arduous as a 92 year old woman wanting to come over to see her son for the last time. Or my daughter wanting to see me and to bring my grandchildren children to see me.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Correct being arduous to a single man as you coming over is perhaps not as arduous as a 92 year old woman wanting to come over to see her son for the last time. Or my daughter wanting to see me and to bring my grandchildren children to see me.

Agree, I couldn’t imagine expecting my 92 year old mother to travel all that way. 

If it’s that arduous for them then maybe you should go visit them instead then problem solved. 

edit:  and quit with all the pathetic jibes and supposition about me, whether I am Single, married, or where I live is none of your business so concentrate on your own life and leave others to do the same. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Agree, I couldn’t imagine expecting my 92 year old mother to travel all that way. 

If it’s that arduous for them then maybe you should go visit them instead then problem solved. 

Perhaps because I've got another young daughter who is here, is not fully vaccinated and I don't want her to go through the same problems and procedures and also miss school?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Perhaps because I've got another young daughter who here who is not fully vaccinated and I don't want her to go through the same problems and procedures and also miss school?

The worlds changing. Doesn’t appear it’s quite changed enough yet to tick all your boxes sadly. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

The worlds changing. Doesn’t appear it’s quite changed enough yet to tick all your boxes sadly. 

? Not talking about the world, talking about Thailand and its current restrictions. Not every country is the same.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

? Not talking about the world, talking about Thailand and its current restrictions. Not every country is the same.

…..and there was you telling another poster about stating the obvious. 

If it’s too arduous for your family to travel here and too much effort the other way then there isn’t currently a solution for you. 

Another stating the obvious statement but they are the choices we all have wherever we are. 

Once again, imo of someone really wants to visit or holiday in this country I don’t it is now a showstopper as before. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

…..and there was you telling another poster about stating the obvious. 

If it’s too arduous for your family to travel here and too much effort the other way then there isn’t currently a solution for you. 

Another stating the obvious statement but they are the choices we all have wherever we are. 

Once again, imo of someone really wants to visit or holiday in this country I don’t it is now a showstopper as before. 

I'm talking to you not another poster in a different context. Which leaves me with my previous reply:

"Not talking about the world, talking about Thailand and its current restrictions. Not every country is the same."

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before  travelling (all travellers).

What does that mean ? 
when testing, the lab will send an email and a SMS on the patient’s phone.

Am I reading correctly that they want a “medical certificate“ ?

Isn’t the QR code enough ? 

• Thanks 1

Do long-term residents in Thailand need to have health insurance if we are already in Thailand and just visiting an approved country for a short time (below 21 days) and then come back to Thailand?

That will discourage people from going abroad from Thailand.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, johng said:

Why do Thai nationals  still not have to  provide a negative test before boarding the plane ?

doesn't that "endanger" the whole plane load of tested passengers who may then on arrival test positive and have to be "incarcerated" for 10 days of their "holiday"

That appears to have changed, but I would think it would also depend on the port of embarkation and the airline. THAI might have agreed to it, but I don't think other carriers would....which may be why it has changed, (so that all have to have 72 hours pre flight PCR test).

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Do long-term residents in Thailand need to have health insurance if we are already in Thailand and just visiting an approved country for a short time (below 21 days) and then come back to Thailand?

That will discourage people from going abroad from Thailand.

Yes, all long term foreigners residents in Thailand and tourists from overseas will need the $50,000 medical insurance to include Covid-19.

I understand there is a CCSA meeting today to discuss the above.

• Thanks 1

My son,whom I haven't seen for 2 years lives in Chanthanburi.But I'd need to quarantine for 7 days,in a province and hotel,that I would have no interest in staying,before I could visit him.So much for free travel.They can stick the pass.

8 minutes ago, spud1 said:

My son,whom I haven't seen for 2 years lives in Chanthanburi.But I'd need to quarantine for 7 days,in a province and hotel,that I would have no interest in staying,before I could visit him.So much for free travel.They can stick the pass.

depending from what country he is coming there are 3 options to chose from:

test and go for 46 countries

sha+ 7 days, koh chang sandbox starts from 11.11. That is not quarantine. He can stay with you at hotel in the very same room

not vaxinated 10 days AQ 

I have a friend planning to come here in November. He has a passport from a country that's not on the list of 46 countries but he lives in Cambodia. Are the entry rules nationality-specific or are they based on where one has stayed 21 consecutive days prior to departure regardless of citizenship? He received full vaccination (2 + 1 booster shot) in Cambodia.

Edited by mvdf
  • Thanks 1

Number Four:  I will Pass!  When I do leave Thailand and book my flight I will return in 15 days rain or shine whether it is called a C.O.E. or Pass it is still a unnessary need to jump through hoops, particular uploading and waiting 3days then prior to leaving take a PCR upload it again and wait?  Personally I have enough to do waiting for clearance from Thai Thai time scares and put me on pins and needles! Final, as long as leaders are sleeping with the insurance companies I will pass on the Thailand Pass!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I would love to know how they propose to successfully police all of these rules and regulations, they will need to double the number of police ....LOL

The new police will be paid like a salesperson on commission. A small salary and a percentage of the bribes they bring in

So, nationals of a low risk country but arriving from country not on low risk list( for example: work place) must do quarantine?

They will simply fly back to the countries of their origin(passport) and then fly to Thailand...   

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, robblok said:

Honestly i see it as a big improvement however because we still remember how easy it was to travel before. It will take time for people to accept all these new things. 

But many countries have limitations and people are overly focusing on the negative. Though i do hope they finally get rid of the 1 day in a hotel as quarantine. Still one day is not too bad.

Well said.  No one likes the new rules, but it's either adapt or whine with no one listening.   I don't like taking my shoes off or getting irradiated just to board a plane either, but what can you do?  Not jet set around?

• Like 2