Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

Yes, do all this stuff and still worry when you get to Thailand OR just go to another warm weather country that doesn't have all these rules, regulations, paperwork, tests, insurance, quarantines.

I think you are right. If I'm from Australia, and want an overseas holiday, do I go to Thailand, Bali or Fiji? If one country doesn't have any special requirements (just proof of full vaccination) I would certainly go to that country. I think most people would.

On the other hand, maybe travel agents will step in and offer a package that covers everything and they do it all for you.

What about the 500 Baht entry fee. Is that tacked onto the price of the air ticket from 1 November.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It's not practical is it......

surely  nothing more practical than my safety surely, the testing thing is a waste  of  time, just vaccinated is  enough, tourists vaccinated  mor e likely to  catch it off  Thais and as they are  vaccinated highly  likely to not get seriosuly  ill. and if the govt had their finger out form the start when they had limited infection they could  have done everyone by now, Thais  more  likely to catch it form other Thais  than  a tourist, most Thais  have no interaction with tourists

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ed strong said:

That doesn't work, really its getting tiresome but please do some basic research and what the vaccine does.

Some folks have had 2 jabs, some in Israel have had 4, whats fully vaccinated even mean?

How long does one shot offer you protection?

At what point do you need the 3rd booster?

No one can answer this, because we were told the vaccines keep you out of hospital not stop you from getting it or passing it on.

However the countries that now have the highest vaccination rates also now have the highest hospitlization rates! Explain that one!?

Un vaccinated  kids giving it to their  parents who then carry on just fine as theyve been vaccinated, the unvaccinated parents end up  in hospital, plenty of you tube bumf  on that from credible doctors

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Absolute garbage.

The virus can be undetected one day and detected the next, there will be a specific point in time when it changes from undetectable to detectable.

Some people may well have had the virus that remained below a detectable level.

Totally Agree.

The test depends on the viral load.

Initially at the point of infection it is too low to be detected but starts replicating at an exponential rate feeding on the human body. rising slowly at first then extremely rapidly within a short period.

It can become detectable well within the 72 hour period

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Which means the over eighties are trapped. Health insurance is impossible to get after that age.

yeah ,thats why i am so interested in this thailand pass insurance requirement. my pensioner mate is nearly 82, been stranded in oz away from his pattaya condo for the last 18 months. his o retirement visa/extension lapsed in march 2021. 

7 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

So I arrive at night and they give me a test and I stay at the same hotel I would have and I get up and find I am still covid free and off I go. I just hope hotel prices stay low for February..

Prob not that easy if you arrive at night. It's likely the staff who will swab you don't work 24/7. So, you have to wait for them to come to work and get to you. Then, they send that sample to the lab and you wait. Could be two nights if you arrive at night.

• Like 1

Just now, Bvor said:

yeah ,thats why i am so interested in this thailand pass insurance requirement. my pensioner mate is nearly 82, been stranded in oz away from his pattaya condo for the last 18 months. his o retirement visa/extension lapsed in march 2021. 

His BMW 4 series must be the one in my condo car park with 3 flat tires and 2 inches of grime built up on it....oh wait you said Patters.....

22 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Jumping through hoops??

It's one test on arrival and a night in a hotel, hardly difficult.

If they wish to find another holiday destination that's up to them but that's what it is here.

Many people that have holiday'd here for years will return under these rules, for sure!

Ive been coming for 20+ years as have a couple of my mates , we will be waiting until the hoops go.

So anecdotally I think you are very wrong but we shall see , I suspect that Nov/Dec numbers will be less than expected and the rules will slacken further.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Un vaccinated  kids giving it to their  parents who then carry on just fine as theyve been vaccinated, the unvaccinated parents end up  in hospital, plenty of you tube bumf  on that from credible doctors

you do know that in the UK nearly 90% of adults with young children have already had 2 jabs.

So im presuming its the 10% with no jabs that are in hospital?

Trust me if this was the case it would be peddled by the media and we would all know about it.

17 minutes ago, ed strong said:

However the countries that now have the highest vaccination rates also now have the highest hospitlization rates! Explain that one!?

They have the highest testing rates and also less barriers to going to the hospital.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

His BMW 4 series must be the one in my condo car park with 3 flat tires and 2 inches of grime built up on it....oh wait you said Patters.....

i think maybe his 125cc has flat tyres.....if you in patts check out view talay 6 carpark and pump em up for him.

5 minutes ago, Bvor said:

That is why I am concerned about travelling outside the country.

"

Register for a Thailand Pass at https://tp.consular.go.th/ (available from 9am on 1 November, 2021). 

- Upload the required document (along with the valid visa/re-entry permit, if required), and allow 3-5 working days for the       approval process. Wait for the approval of the Vaccine Certification and paid accommodation, including the RT-PCR test.

- Confirm the approval, and receive a Thailand Pass QR Code"

Thailands open on Monday the 1st November, however with all the good will in the world the earliest you expect to receive your Thailand Pass QR Code is Friday 5th, then you need to find a place that's going to test you over the weekend.

Hopefully you can get a flight on Monday 8th.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Well noted, perhaps not the best example but i'm sure you cannot just fly into every EU willy nilly just coz you're vaccinated...

In EU area, Yes you can do. Vaccine pass is enough. You must only write your travel details in an app and then you are ready to fly/go. UK has different rules coz is not part from EU anymore.

2 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

That is why I am concerned about travelling outside the country.

thats their plan........so you can't get back in cos they only want high quality chinese,indians and ruskies. old western farangs OUT!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

They're tourists therefore if here for 2-3 weeks would expect them only to stayin the areas where one test on arrival is required.

If not, one more test - wow.

Hasn't Phuket already seen positives on day 6 tests and then the final test, which would ruin anyone's vacation now wouldn't it.  It is fraught with issues and therefore why people are concerned still with whether or not to come.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

surely  nothing more practical than my safety surely, the testing thing is a waste  of  time, just vaccinated is  enough, tourists vaccinated  mor e likely to  catch it off  Thais and as they are  vaccinated highly  likely to not get seriosuly  ill. and if the govt had their finger out form the start when they had limited infection they could  have done everyone by now, Thais  more  likely to catch it form other Thais  than  a tourist, most Thais  have no interaction with tourists

What's your point?

What about natural immunity from those that have had COVID and recovered, that’s a lot of potential tourists in those numbers.

As of October 29, 2021, there were almost 246 million global cases of COVID-19.

Around 223 million people had recovered from the disease.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1087466/covid19-cases-recoveries-deaths-worldwide/

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Ive been coming for 20+ years as have a couple of my mates , we will be waiting until the hoops go.

So anecdotally I think you are very wrong but we shall see , I suspect that Nov/Dec numbers will be less than expected and the rules will slacken further.

That's entirely your ( and your mates ) perogative.

The numbers will be less than expected as they expect too much, agreed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

What's your point?

allow  in  all  vaccinated people with no tests THEN they  will  come, no  one likes  hassles  when travelling and with all the airport security since 9-11 flying is a PIA body scanners  shoes off, no  liquids  pcr  test rectal  probe what next.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

allow  in  all  vaccinated people with no tests THEN they  will  come, no  one likes  hassles  when travelling and with all the airport security since 9-11 flying is a PIA body scanners  shoes off, no  liquids  pcr  test rectal  probe what next.

Pipe dream.

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Pipe dream.

But its NOT for EU  members, the EU being WAY  bigger than teeny  tiny  Thailand, Thailand says it want visitors   so thats the way forward EU members  will  holiday easily in the EU and avoid  Thailand

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Sad 1