Thailand entry rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists

Jonathan Fairfield

9 minutes ago, berrec said:

What about natural immunity from those that have had COVID and recovered, that’s a lot of potential tourists in those numbers.

As of October 29, 2021, there were almost 246 million global cases of COVID-19.

Around 223 million people had recovered from the disease.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1087466/covid19-cases-recoveries-deaths-worldwide/

Still requires a test and then at least 1 vaccination to enter Thailand in one of the 3 groups, I just do not remember which one now. found an infographic

247549720_4758838814139495_4053959027378

Edited by ThailandRyan

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

We're not discussing entry to EU, we're speak about 'teeny tiny' Thailand.

Yes and? I mean a few  minutes  ago you implied nowhere did vaccination entry only, so seems  your  happy  to discuss the EU requirement, which Thailand should  copy to get its visitor  numbers  right  up

The first Asian country to do this is  going to get the full benefit leaving others in their wake

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 1

Here's a question?

I have been fully vaccinated and so has my Thai wife, we are now just waiting for our boosters, my son who is over 12 years old and has dual nationality has only had 1 vaccination as is the mandate by the British government, I am lead to believe that Thai children are required to have 2 doses of the vaccine in Thailand, So the question is, is my son fully vaccinated with 1 dose or does he need 2 doses to enter, when or if I return. ????????

21 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Prob not that easy if you arrive at night. It's likely the staff who will swab you don't work 24/7. So, you have to wait for them to come to work and get to you. Then, they send that sample to the lab and you wait. Could be two nights if you arrive at night.

Could be. Though I would be surprised if, once they get organised, they wouldn't be there to meet every incoming international flight, and have an efficient and timely testing system.

6 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Yes and? I mean a few  minutes  ago you implied nowhere did vaccination entry only, so seems  your  happy  to discuss the EU requirement, which Thailand should  copy to get its visitor  numbers  right  up

The first Asian country to do this is  going to get the full benefit leaving others in their wake

No, you compared entry to EU with entry to Thailand which is comparing apples to oranges.

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

No, you compared entry to EU with entry to Thailand which is comparing apples to oranges.

youve  lost me, you  wanna  talk about the Eu and Thailand when it  suits YOU, ive said the tests are useless at attracting tourists all they want is a  vaccicnation cert and good  to go.  You  imply that having no test is   a  terrible thing and is "no  problem" Well we can se cant we how  many turn up  in November to play musical chairs before they scrap the whole stupid  plan and revert to the simplest option, vaccinated  only.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

A vaccinated person can fly back and forth within the EU without a test. This year the southern EU countries (Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal) had quite good tourist numbers. For example, Greece achieved 85.7% of the season's values of the previous record year 2019 in the months of July and August.

Can they get on a flight without a test?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:
youve  lost me, you  wanna  talk about the Eu and Thailand when it  suits YOU, ive said the tests are useless at attracting tourists all they want is a  vaccicnation cert and good  to go.  You  imply that having no test is   a  terrible thing and is "no  problem" Well we can se cant we how  many turn up  in November to play musical chairs before they scrap the whole stupid  plan and revert to the simplest option, vaccinated  only.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

A vaccinated person can fly back and forth within the EU without a test. This year the southern EU countries (Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal) had quite good tourist numbers. For example, Greece achieved 85.7% of the season's values of the previous record year 2019 in the months of July and August.

Can they get on a flight without a test?

You cannot travel freely within the EU without testing.

Im really not sure where you get your info from but its really not correct

7 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Look apparently we cant discuss the EU here  anymore stop comparing pomegranites to custard  apples although  youd  better tell the french and swedes  that https://se.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-Can-I-enter-France#If-you-are-vaccinated  

Unvaccinated kids over 12  pcr test

Travel documents if you are vaccinated

Only vaccines authorized by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) will be accepted, i.e. Pfizer (Comirnaty), Moderna, AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) and AstraZeneca (Covishield).

• proof of vaccination. It will only be valid if it proves that you are fully vaccinated, i.e.:
    • Seven days after the second shot for two-shot vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca (Vaxevria and Covishield));
    • Four weeks after the shot for one-shot vaccines (Johnson & Johnson);
    • Seven days after the shot for vaccines administered to people who have already had COVID-19 (only one dose is necessary).
  • a sworn declaration, that can be downloaded on the Interior Ministry’s website stating that
    • you have no symptoms of COVID-19 infection;
    • to your knowledge, you have not been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to your journey
Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaiman said:

What does this mean?

Airlines bid for time slot to land at airports. In Thailand 80% of landing allocated tmes have been returned until end of March. Meaning airline do not have to pay for them . 

• Thanks 1

About the 46 countries... must one be a citizen of any of those countries? If not a citizen but living permanently (and vaccinated) in one of those 46 countries, which entry category or rule applies? (Liechtenstein passport holder living in Cambodia since 2012)

Strange that Liechtenstein and Luxembourg are not on the list of 46 countries. Seems like tourism revenue maximization is the main motivator behind the creation of this list and not Covid-19 incidence.

Edited by mvdf

30 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Oh dear. 

Vaccinated people can fly to the beaches of the southern EU countries (Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France) without having to do a Corvit test before within the EU (with very few exceptions (Bulgaria)). That is a fact.

It doesn't hurt to look like other countries, which are equally dependent on tourism, have resolved the revival of their tourism with which rules and how.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Tim207 said:

Anybody know what a blue zone is? My home province is not a blue zone and i have no idea if that means i cant go or just no booze. Dont care about the bars but if their tracking app is meant to keep us in the blue zones not much point in going back.

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

The first I've read of this.  You can't leave your zone for 7 days after arrival!  

Don't mix up the type of entry. "blue zones" are irrelevant to double vaxed flying in from a "safe" country.

4 hours ago, mvdf said:

I have a friend planning to come here in November. He has a passport from a country that's not on the list of 46 countries but he lives in Cambodia. Are the entry rules nationality-specific or are they based on where one has stayed 21 consecutive days prior to departure regardless of citizenship? He received full vaccination (2 + 1 booster shot) in Cambodia.

Location specific, not passport specific.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, johng said:

Why do Thai nationals  still not have to  provide a negative test before boarding the plane ?

doesn't that "endanger" the whole plane load of tested passengers who may then on arrival test positive and have to be "incarcerated" for 10 days of their "holiday"

Thats the plan amigo, shhhhhh  that's a  carefully guarded secret. TIT

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, generealty said:

Where can I get a list of approved SHA+ certified hotel or alternative quarantine hotel for one night while they await the result of a RT-PCR test ?

https://asq.in.th/?sortSelectedItem=Lowest+Price&durationSelectedItem=1+Day

https://thaiest.com/blog/aq-hotel-1-night-packages

and the usual suspects (Agoda etc. just ensure they meet the requirements)

• Like 1

A post with a video from an unapproved social media source (YouTube) have been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

November 2022 is the real re-opening...how will the businesses cope until then...? Nearly 3 years...Chinese their latest cashcow...bridges drawn up and no travel till late 2022 for the masses over there.

Who wants to get stuck in quarantine on arrival if a test shows up negative...7-14 days or whatever in a sealed hotel, then fly back out.

They can do all their dog-and-pony shows from now till end of the year about drumming up re-opening...but I guess largest percentage won't come from outside Thailand..only those with ties in the country etc will endure the risk of getting quarantined.

Think I'll just continue to enjoy fresh air and Autumn leaves in the meantime.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Not vaccinated, no entry and not boarding a plane.

Is anyone actually paying attention to these so-called vaccines anymore? The entire world is acting like they are some kind of ticket out of COVID but in reality they don't prevent transmission and at best are a safe guard for elderly and health comprised.

The only rule for entry need be a negative test before boarding the plane and even then what's the point because Thailand like everywhere else and rife with COVID.

Edited by NorthernRyland
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, cheapcanuck said:

I must have missed the memo. What is a SHA+ hotel? What does SHA stand for?

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

ASQ = Alternate State Quarantine 

AQ = Alternate Quarantine

SHA = Safety Health Authority  (hotels approved by)

SHA+ = Safety Health Authority  (hotels approved by) and >70% of employees at hotel have been fully

vaccinated.

CoE = Certificate of Entry

For the purposes of the Phuket Sandbox and Samui Plus - SHA+ hotels were used where people could book the SHA+ hotel and register for CoE with the certificate issued by the Hotel (SHABA) and pay for and book their PCR test separately (proof of payment also required for CoE application) - the arrival PCR test is carried out at the Airport. 

For the purposes of the 1 night ‘Test and Go’ scheme in Bangkok - AQ is used (there is some bleedover from SHA+ which has muddied the waters a little - but ultimately the AQ hotels include Airport transport and PCR tests included and the PCR test is carried out at the hotel on arrival). 

Don't get this 21 day rule (Not sure why greater than other countries with the same rule). Let's say I stay in the U.S. 14 days  and then 7 days in Netherlands does this count as >21 days or has to be in a single country on the list? Let's say I stay in Thailand 3 weeks and then travel to Cambodia for 1 week and come back to Thailand. Can I do this?

Who can you even ask for these type of questions? Embassy does not respond.

Edited by tjb30i