Digital Vaccination Certificate due in Nov

webfact

โครงการใหม่-5-7-1.jpg

BANGKOK (TNA) – The National Communicable Disease Committee approved a bill for digital COVID-19 vaccination certificates that were expected to be launched in November.

Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, as chairman of the committee, said applicants for such electronic certificates would pay 50 baht per issue.

According to him, 102 organizations are authorized to issue COVID-19 vaccination certificates. They include the Department of Disease Control, provincial public health offices and hospitals. Over 40,000 people have applied for such certificates. Some of the facilities will start to issue the digital certificates next month and the rest of the facilities will follow suit later.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-812509

tnalogo.jpg
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, charmonman said:

And what about the millions of tourists that are about to come in after November 1 and were vaccinated outside Thailand. I wonder if they’ve put any thought into that?

Part of their Thailand Pass registration? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

They are going milk this Chinese virus for as long as they can . PCR tests,  quarantine hotels ect. 

It is the way of the world, one person's misery is another's opportunity. At least I got free (and acceptable) vaccinations in Thailand, which I thought was never going to happen at one time.

• Like 2

I took the paper copy of the vaccination certificate issued by Medpark and it was accepted by Singapore, they were not interested in the Mor Prom as it does not integrate into their system, and I suspect this new one will be the same. They will not accept non nationals coming to Singapore unless double vaccinated by two doses of any WHO recognized vaccine (yes that seems to include the Thai cocktails) plus two weeks delay before travelling there. However they also require as part of the admission rules a serology test to prove vaccination status, guess they have had a few fake vaccination certificates presented.

All these digital vaccination certificates are each countries take, and may not be accepted by another country. I am watching the IATA certificate as this seems to be more internationally accepted.

Cheers

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, alyx said:

Hum….charging for this certificate when locals are more than under pressure financial wise…is not ( wise) especially if it becomes mandatory as earlier announced.

Furthermore…it is digital: why charging ?  
Also one question about certificates issued abroad : will they be recognised ? 

Knowing this government,  one day it will be recognised the next day  something different for sure

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crouchpeter said:

I couldn't believe that people were paying in advance. And no refund. Obviously, in this corrupt, lying country, it would end in tears!

People were desperate. At that time nothing seemed to be happening and Expats felt they were being left out to dry. 

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2021 at 3:45 PM, crouchpeter said:

I couldn't believe that people were paying in advance. And no refund. Obviously, in this corrupt, lying country, it would end in tears!

I prepaid Bangkok Hospital for two doses of Moderna, the contract clearly states that if they cannot deliver the vaccination then a full refund will be given.  Two days ago I was sent a text message via my cell phone providing me with a que number and interactions how I would be contacted for my Moderna vaccination...so not all is bad

Edited by YankeeExpat
spelling error

On 10/29/2021 at 5:59 PM, YankeeExpat said:

Any one have an accurate answer to the mans very good question???

Well, don't have a vaccination passport because haven't crossed a border since arriving here in 2010, nor shall, and never installed the Mor Prom application.

Have a certificate tucked into my real passport received after getting the second vaccination shot.

When do they start with the Auschwitz  style tattoos?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What is going on with this International covid certificate?

Now you can only get a paper certificate and have to pick it up yourself in Bangkok. The option to have it mailed to you and electronic certificate is no longer an option.

They really have to sort this out for people who want to travel outside Thailand

On 10/31/2021 at 7:55 AM, Litlos said:

I took the paper copy of the vaccination certificate issued by Medpark and it was accepted by Singapore, they were not interested in the Mor Prom as it does not integrate into their system, and I suspect this new one will be the same. They will not accept non nationals coming to Singapore unless double vaccinated by two doses of any WHO recognized vaccine (yes that seems to include the Thai cocktails) plus two weeks delay before travelling there. However they also require as part of the admission rules a serology test to prove vaccination status, guess they have had a few fake vaccination certificates presented.

All these digital vaccination certificates are each countries take, and may not be accepted by another country. I am watching the IATA certificate as this seems to be more internationally accepted.

Cheers

An antibody test is inaccurate because all antibodies fall off over time. It's our immune system that kicks in and produce antibodies again once the real virus attacks.

We don't need any antibody tests just verification of the certificate.

Edited by EricTh