16-year-old boy dies after colliding his motorbike with a sedan in Phan Thong

Jonathan Fairfield

qHKClPCF-777871-768x432-1.jpeg

A 16-year-old boy has been pronounced dead at the scene after he collided his motorbike with a sedan in Phan Thong.

The Phan Thong Police was notified of the accident at 9:30 P.M. yesterday, October 29th, 2021, on the Phan Thong – Ban Bueng Road in the Nong Hong sub-district.

First responders arrived at the scene to find a damaged sedan and a damaged motorbike on the road. Reporters at the scene noted that the speedometer on the motorbike was stuck.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/30/16-year-old-boy-dies-after-colliding-his-motorbike-with-a-sedan-in-phan-thong/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Having ridden motorbikes in Thailand for more than 20 years, it is my experience that most car drivers, when pulling out of side roads, do not care about or see motorcycles.

They just pull out onto the road.

Nearly as many years and agree this happens a little too often.... with large, slow moving vehicles too. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Kernell said:

If you have no stop/give way lines and right away "up to you cap", give way to side roads because Thailand is polite, " cap", pull out then look "cap" and ride in the gutter "cap" with out any lights "cap" you'll have the many deaths "cap"

Lines on the road are  waste of paint here!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

it is my experience that most car drivers, when pulling out of side roads, do not care about or see motorcycles.

They just pull out onto the road.

it is my experience that most car motorcycle drivers, when pulling out of side roads, do not care about or see motorcycles cars. They just pull out onto the road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was the car driving pulling out turning right when the the motorcyclist T-Boned her ?

The jammed speed on the bike is a total red-herring, its obvious the motorcycle was not going 160kmh+ (its likely the speedo was broken or jammed to the max on impact).

The driver claimed she “I had already made sure that there were no vehicles coming when I was crossing the road. I have no idea where the motorbike rider came from.”  - either she didn’t look or was the motorcyclist riding without headlights ?

Motorcycles without functioning head lights is not an uncommon sight in Thailand... all the more reason for dash-cams... except its clear we need sideways facing cams too !!! 

• Like 1

What a waste of life at 16, RIP. Its hard to blame anyone in particular when Thai drivers grow up thinking that their selfish driving decisions are the norm. The Thais need to rethink driver education and appropriate policing of laws if they ever decide to change their number one or two position for yearly death and injury status.

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Was the car driving pulling out turning right when the the motorcyclist T-Boned her ?

The jammed speed on the bike is a total red-herring, its obvious the motorcycle was not going 160kmh+ (its likely the speedo was broken or jammed to the max on impact).

The driver claimed she “I had already made sure that there were no vehicles coming when I was crossing the road. I have no idea where the motorbike rider came from.”  - either she didn’t look or was the motorcyclist riding without headlights ?

Motorcycles without functioning head lights is not an uncommon sight in Thailand... all the more reason for dash-cams... except its clear we need sideways facing cams too !!! 

A suggestion.... 

Screenshot_20211031_101508.jpg

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Jeez, 'IF' the speedometer got stuck on that speed when it hit the car, I'm not surprised the driver did not see him

hQLjfYrE-777870-768x432-1.jpg

Notice the mirrors have been taken off, a common practice for Thai speedsters.

• Like 1