Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

3 minutes ago, Fin87 said:

Yes it didn’t work. Only the email conf:( guess I’ll have to wait it out and see. I can’t reschedule the date of flight or hotel booking. Hotel was non refundable and I used my vacation days at work. I’ll let know if anything changes. Thank you for the suggestion. 

Don't.

Don't wait and see, keep trying until it works, upload some better JPEG, crop them tighter, change some details (for instance i have a bunch of middle names and my family's name is a total mess).

As for your hotel booking, don't worry about it, they won't refund but you just have to say the magic word " amend", there's no such thing as a non amendable booking, trust me on that, say the magic word, don't mention the word "cancel".

28 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

No.

Only at the like 4th step when they ask you for your hotel booking ID and confirmation, they'll ask you what kind of hotel you choose ASH+ or alternative quarantine, that's where i chose AQ.

It was NOT on the first page when you have to choose between Exemption /  sandbox / alternative.

You chose Exemption and then later on when they ask you about your hotel booking details you choose "alternative quarantine" instead of ASH+

Thank you Ill try tomorrow because I dont have patience to wait, especially knowing I could potentially get a QR code in minutes vs waiting untill last minute just to realise I wont get my QR code in time and have to rebook everything . Thank you for your fast replay, I appreciate it ...super stressed out ???? 

*Deleted post edited out* 

The way the system is designed is that it reads the pictures you uploaded and the option you choose, so

1) when it's not working it will send you an "okay we'll get back to you within 7 days" email template.

2) when it's working it will send you a  confirmation within 5 seconds

They way it behaves tells you that if you submit it "improperly" =  your request will be send in a drop box, manually checked.
Now, do you want to wait for that manual check ?i'm leaving on monday, so the answer is neh, or do you want to find the right way to have your request approved, the answer is yah.

It's a computer mate, do it right and it'll tell you OK;

Edited by Scott
  • Thanks 1

Okay so everyone here who said they have EU certificate seems to get instant approval, or can use the QR trick.

But has anyone non-EU received their Thailand Pass yet or had instant approval, and if so how?

Edited by Destined
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

You're welcome, the fact you got the same problem on your phone is a bit worrying, kind of suggests it's not a browser issue but you still need to eliminate that possibility.

Check the browser you have first then try Edge or Chrome (the one you don't have).

Hi Salerno, I tried both Opera and Edge both went as far as I wanted, to where I was to enter personal details. I am not too sure when I will be flying yet, I'm just trying to get things lined, for when I do know. So that part is, should be OK, I believe the scary part is trying to upload the documents. Does very one have to be in PJG format from PDF? How do you change from one to the other? 

I was wondering with the new TP rules, with the one night hotel quarantine waiting for PCR result: if you take hotel package with PCR test included, is the process transparent? Just wondering about the incentive the hotel would have to actually tell you you are positive, whatever the real result is. Guaranteed 7-10 days stuck there at the rate they impose you…

Just now, nash151 said:

I was wondering with the new TP rules, with the one night hotel quarantine waiting for PCR result: if you take hotel package with PCR test included, is the process transparent? Just wondering about the incentive the hotel would have to actually tell you you are positive, whatever the real result is. Guaranteed 7-10 days stuck there at the rate they impose you…

Pretty sure the test is done by the hospital and that would be totally unethical. My advice is to take some lateral flow tests with you. If they say you are positive test on your own and show it to them and then demand another PCR test.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alphim said:

Hi Salerno, I tried both Opera and Edge both went as far as I wanted, to where I was to enter personal details. I am not too sure when I will be flying yet, I'm just trying to get things lined, for when I do know. So that part is, should be OK, I believe the scary part is trying to upload the documents. Does very one have to be in PJG format from PDF? How do you change from one to the other? 

I believe you can do this on a platform called GIMP (I know, funny name) or you could print everything out from your PDF files and then scan it back to your computer as JPEG.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alphim said:

Good to hear.

Yeah, for some reason they've gone with graphics only. Probably easiest for you would be to convert online, plenty of sites such as https://www.ilovepdf.com/pdf_to_jpg (it will convert every page into a separate jpg then download them in a zip file).

You'll also probably hit the problem of only allowing one file upload per topic, if so, combine them online for example here https://products.aspose.app/pdf/merger/jpg-to-jpg.

If you end up with files too big to upload (shouldn't but just in case) compress them online for example here https://compressjpeg.com/.

I have no doubt you'll breeze through (once they iron the bugs out). Good luck ????

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Don't.

Don't wait and see, keep trying until it works, upload some better JPEG, crop them tighter, change some details (for instance i have a bunch of middle names and my family's name is a total mess).

As for your hotel booking, don't worry about it, they won't refund but you just have to say the magic word " amend", there's no such thing as a non amendable booking, trust me on that, say the magic word, don't mention the word "cancel".

Worked for me.

On the 7th try, i got the 2 QR codes for the 2 vaccinations in much better quality.  Instant approval.

I got better quality QRs by not taking pics or scans of some paper, instead i scanned the paper certificate with a QR reading app (Corona Warn app or Check DCC). The screen of the phone then showed the QR, i took a screenshot. 

All other jpgs were good quality, too.

• Thanks 1

If anyone has PDF that needs to convert to jpg I would not recommend using any online web programs.

Open the PDF. See if you can right click and copy.

Copy to your favorite image editor (Irfan view is mine).

Another trick is to do a screenshot on your PC - scrn print. Then paste into the editor.

Irfan view allows you to save into many file formats.

I trust this site and program. Windows default might work, I never use it as it's just too limited.

https://www.snapfiles.com/get/irfan.html

Again, not recommend online converters they waste your time, spam, tracking cookies, malware

1 minute ago, Lorry said:

Worked for me.

On the 7th try, i got the 2 QR codes for the 2 vaccinations in much better quality.  Instant approval.

I got better quality QRs by not taking pics or scans of some paper, instead i scanned the paper certificate with a QR reading app (Corona Warn app or Check DCC). The screen of the phone then showed the QR, i took a screenshot. 

May we ask from what country are your QR codes?

28 minutes ago, Destined said:

Okay so everyone here who said they have EU certificate seems to get instant approval, or can use the QR trick.

But has anyone non-EU received their Thailand Pass yet or had instant approval, and if so how?

For reference I have an EU certificate and haven't been approved.

5 minutes ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

Hotel booking

Visa

Proof of vaccination with separate QR codes for vaccinations 1 and 2. Some are stating that it is best to crop the QR codes and to try and make them as clear as possible.

Insurance certificate

Thanks for that. Very helpful. Quick question.

How are these submitted?

Hotel booking? Jpg of e-receipt

Visa - image of visa or extension and re.entry?

Covid vaccine certificate. So, no ref numbers? Shoot the whole cert + QR all jumbled as multiple images in upload?

Insurance???

Thanks for any and all. Sorry for hijack. Very informative though.

10 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Worked for me.

Where are you from? EU vaccine certificate?

3 minutes ago, Chad3000 said:

Thanks for that. Very helpful. Quick question.

How are these submitted?

Hotel booking? Jpg of e-receipt

Visa - image of visa or extension and re.entry?

Covid vaccine certificate. So, no ref numbers? Shoot the whole cert + QR all jumbled as multiple images in upload?

Insurance???

Thanks for any and all. Sorry for hijack. Very informative though.

Go to the first page and Salerno posted screenshots of each section of the application. All documents will need to be in JPEG format. You will need to separately upload vaccination certificate for dose 1 and 2 and separately upload vaccination certificate QR code for dose 1 and 2. If your vaccination certificate is all on one day ie. does 1 and 2, just upload that page twice. If you only have one QR code for both dose 1 and 2, just upload that twice for both.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sam919 said:

Looks like EU vaccine certificates can automatically be verified and get instant application approval. I’m from Australia, applied a few times but no luck 

I'm Australian and have an EU digital certificate with QR, but no luck also. Maybe it's related to nationality, or perhaps to the destination.

Has anyone headed to Phuket gotten approval?

39 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This worked - Success..... 

Instead of filling out from the link of left most of the 3 sections [Exemption from Quarantine - Test and Go] (see screenshot below), I filled out the link of right most of the 3 sections [Alternative Quarantine] as you suggested flyguyryan...   

But, I didn’t use a 10 day quarantine booking. I just filled out the application exactly as I had all the other times (about 10x !).

I put in all my Vaccine Certificates & QR Codes (from Qatar), Put in the 1 night AQ hotel booking confirmation, Insurance Cert - submitted and received immediate conformation followed a few seconds later by Approval and the QR Code. 

The only single difference between this time and all the other times I’ve tried was was simply clicking on the [Alternative Quarantine] tab instead of the [Exemption from....] tab followed on from.

Immediately afterwards I re-submitted the application in exactly the same way and clicked on the [Alternative Quarantine] tab, input all the information in exactly the same way as every other submission (i.e. all the same info and attachments as previous submissions). Success again, received a QR code for both Wife and Son immediately afterwards. 

Recommendation: 

I’m not sure if this will work for others: But its definitely worth a try: 

Re-attempt submissions in exactly the same manner but go through the [Alternative Quarantine] tab.

Details: 

Mac Computer / Chrome Browser (No CORS override - that issue seems to have been fixed)

Vaccine Cert from both Qatar and Thailand worked (both had QR codes) (no vaccine cert for Son)

iCloud and G-mail e-mail accounts received the confirmation email and immediately after the approval e-mail. 

1231349588_Screenshot2021-11-04at22_37_43.thumb.png.80fd72f572a296549be08a23da9ae3de.png

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 22.48.09.png

Additional point: 

When making the application via the ‘Alternate Quarantine’ tab - the QR code links to the vaccine information and states ‘Alternative Quarantine’  (as above - in Orange) - rather than ‘Test & Go’.... 

Could be a ‘sticking point’ but at least it gets us past check in and into Thailand, other issues can be handled on the other side. 

IMG_8618.thumb.jpg.c7348485fd7c04acfbe886708e02aadc.jpg

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2