Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

2 minutes ago, DavidMS said:

It depends on people’s circumstances. I deliberately booked with an airline that allows changes if amended in advance but I doubt if that would apply if I turn up for the original flight and am denied boarding for not having the correct documents. Also I’m planning on taking a domestic flight after I’m released from Test & Go and having an AQ QR code could also cause problems with boarding that flight. In my situation for a 2 week holiday,  I’m prepared to take the risk of testing positive (although am doing everything in my own control to avoid infection) but am not willing to risk turning up to the airport with the wrong documentation for an AQ entry and possibly losing the full cost of my flights. 

So……..

if you don’t get a timely QR approval, you will cancel your bookings rather than use a QR approval from the Alternative Quarantine process, which the Ministry has recommended.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

So……..

if you don’t get a timely QR approval, you will cancel your bookings rather than use a QR approval from the Alternative Quarantine process, which the Ministry has recommended.

Could you provide a link to an official source for that advice please as my current reluctance is due to the AQ workaround feeling a little bit like entry by deception which would concern me when having to explain to an immigration officer. 

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I was required at airline check-in last April to have the Thailand Plus app loaded on my cellphone.

Thailand Plus.... Morchana.... Seems as if Thailand has too much time to come up with all these different things to have on you. I'll try to install them both on my burner.

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The idea of using the AQ option (if needed) was to get through / past the humans at airline check-in so we can at least catch the flight & then face the humans at the other end who can make an informed decision based on the evidence of vaccine certificates. 

What was the plan if you reached Thailand. Just show the one day booking and act dumb about the Thailand Pass inconsistency?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DavidMS said:

Could you provide a link to an official source for that advice please as my current reluctance is due to the AQ workaround feeling a little bit like entry by deception which would concern me when having to explain to an immigration officer. 

If you are too concerned, rather than use a QR code obtained via Alternative Quarantine, you can simply cancel all of your bookings.

Up to you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

What was the plan if you reached Thailand. Just show the one day booking and act dumb about the Thailand Pass inconsistency?

Because everyone who booked Test and Go prior to November 1 on the COE website, the staff at Suvarnaphumi are well aware of this inconsistency.

Do you remember hearing about anyone turned away at Suvarnaphumi who had a COE for Test and Go?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If you are too concerned, rather than use a QR code obtained via Alternative Quarantine, you can simply cancel all of your bookings.

Up to you.

I’m concerned about relying on information that you don’t appear to be able to substantiate with an official source. As per my previous posts my flights are flexible and if necessary I will change my dates as a preferable alternative to either being denied boarding and losing the cost of my flights or being compelled by Thai immigration to undertake 10 days quarantine during a 14 day holiday because I have made a false declaration on my Thailand Pass application. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DavidMS said:

I’m concerned about relying on information that you don’t appear to be able to substantiate with an official source. As per my previous posts my flights are flexible and if necessary I will change my dates as a preferable alternative to either being denied boarding and losing the cost of my flights or being compelled by Thai immigration to undertake 10 days quarantine during a 14 day holiday because I have made a false declaration on my Thailand Pass application. 

Here is a first person account of someone entering Thailand on a Alternative Quarantine COE, with a one night hotel booking.

Very common.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Twin Peaks said:

Success! Applied on November 2nd and received instant email on gmail at 8:30am US time. Used chrome in incognito mode, got the success message at the end of the application. Received QR code just after 1am Sunday morning, so just short of a 5 day wait. Only submitted 1 application. Used a US CDC card with my passport number added to it. I had the one shot J&J so that was recognized without issue.

when do you fly? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rman said:

Does the SHA Hotel have to include the prepaid fee for the PCR test at Phuket airport in the hotel bill. Since we can upload only 1 page it will be the only way.

I heard about paying your PCR test on arrival at the airport????

You have to pay for your PCR test on the PSAS website, then combine that image with your SHABA certificate and submit it in your application. 

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Here is a first person account of someone entering Thailand on a Alternative Quarantine COE, with a one night hotel booking.

Very common.

Thanks - hopefully accounts from people that have used the AQ workaround for Thailand Pass will start to be posted next week also. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

This one (below)…. 
I’m told Airlines don’t scan the QR code. 

If traveling on the AQ option - I’d book a refundable 10 day AQ hotel though Agoda - print off the booking confirmation then cancel the booking !!! 

The idea of using the AQ option (if needed) was to get through / past the humans at airline check-in so we can at least catch the flight & then face the humans at the other end who can make an informed decision based on the evidence of vaccine certificates. 

Its not the entry requirements being bypassed…, just finessing a flawed system to ‘check the right boxes’… 

Not perfect - but a solid plan B nevertheless. 

537E8C8E-2FE5-4519-B173-96D63468E15D.jpeg

Does your new Thailand pass say Test and Go?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, rem888 said:

Same here and with everyone from the UK i would think. Only ones which will be the same are those without a middle name.

Anyone from UK received a pass with this discrepancy?

Yes, I got mine without my middle name on my NHS vaccine. I only got it yesterday even though I applied on the 1st November. I also received an email to say one of my applications had been refused due to the quality of the JPEG. I leave tomorrow morning so was obviously getting really stressed but it would appear that they are slowly working through the applications.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

FWIW, I have used AQ for both my TP Test & Go applications. The first one on 11/2 using gmail did not include the clipped QR codes from my NHS vaccination certificate, the second one on 5/11 using a different email did include the clipped QR codes from my NHS vaccination certificate.

Both applications resulted in the acknowledgement and 'wait 7-day' email.

Neither application has resulted in an approval QR code.

Update: I sent an email to the TP people with details of my two 'lost' applications on 7/11. About eight hours later, I got the approval email with the QR code for quarantine-free entry, This is based on my second application.

About seven minutes later, I got another email saying the same application had been rejected due to the first vaccination QR code being missing from my certificate although the one that does appear is clearly labeled "2 of 2" (an NHS issue that will take maybe 3 weeks to resolve).

Flying on 11/11.

Decompressing now...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BoroBoy said:

Just been rejected because they said I did not provide USD$50k health Insurance.  I actually provided details of £10m cover (c$12m).  Has any one else had the same problem, or been accepted quoting currency other than USD$?

Were you rejected immediately or did it take them a few days to tell you this?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

If I get to Thailand walk off a plane and there are no document checks & we just pass immigration, pick our bag & get in hotel transport it’ll be fine…

Then you may not make it for awhile.

I bet minimum requirements indefinitely will be proof of a test, vaccine certs and insurance. At least thru 2022.

That 2 of 2 thing is interesting because my US Kaiser HMO QR code has above it "COVID-19 vaccination complete (2 of 2)". I hope the word "complete" is not too hard for them, but I don't know what really comes up for them when they scan the code.

8 hours ago, Salerno said:

You have to prepay it as I understand it, if not part of your package you can book it here https://www.thailandpsas.com/

If you have multiple files you need to upload and only one upload slot you can combine jpgs here https://products.aspose.app/pdf/merger/jpg-to-jpg

They're looking to see you have hotel, transport and PCR booked and paid for.

Where do you see the word transport ANYWHERE on the Thai government websites? I'm so tired of people making up fake requirements. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Emeraldisle said:

Did you tick the box "I hereby acknowledge that I have read etc"

It's a bit faint. 

Then "CONFIRM"

you are not wrong, i have since detected the faint outline of a click box. got registration midday 5/11 uploaded the oz Vaccination QR Code and hoping for QR Pass today or sometime this week. my google and internet explorer browsers had issues but microsoft edge sailed thru. 

6 hours ago, wasabi said:

Were you rejected immediately or did it take them a few days to tell you this?

I applied on November 2nd early morning and have received no approval only confirmation of receipt email. I have booked for the 11th and have a 24 hour cancellation clause so can cancel on the 10th morning. I also have 10 MM$ worth of coverage from North American insurance company plus Covid coverage. I have to do a PCR test Tuesday for the travel Thursday and won't outlay another 150 CDN$ for a test  without Test and Go Approval. I have sent in 4 applications with 2 different gmail address'. Plus I have an approved O-A one year visa that they don't even ask for in the application and have paid for the full year insurance.... Gong Show.. so stressful....I have booked Novotel Bangkok and now they are saying no refund if I don't get Thai Pass approved.... Oh by the way, even if Thai pass approved  and I travel it is Russian roulette because if test positive for Covid and forced into a hospital without any fever or symptoms the Insurance company WILL NOT cover and I am on the hook for hospital bill and "treatment" as hotel has told me. NO Insurance company will ever pay for a hospital stay and treatment if you are not sick. I have contacted 10 insurance companies in North America and they will all issue an insurance policy to you but making a claim for a forced visit to a hospital is another thing. Will they force treatment on you like IV and other tests of you are not sick?? Same thing if you pass the first PCR test  but fail the second one 6 days later for the Test & Go and then forced to go to hospital. Does everyone travelling know this is a major financial and health risk if you are forced into a hospital when you are not actually sick....

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Edit your UK NHS vaccine cert to include your middle name & resubmit. 

To put things in perspective I know a handful of folk who are facing issues & being forced to play silly buggers due to uncertain & contradictory circular requirements. 

At least there’s the planB AQ option to fall back on if you don’t receive the response your resubmission (with edited NHS cert) 

what do you use to "Edit" Programme or App?

13 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

You have to actually stay overnight I beleive (but you would have paid for it anyway). It was Green Park Resort Pattaya. Booked direct with them and their confirmation and email instructions for procedure at airport were very clear. I used Thai Pass which was issued at 5:45pm on Tuesday and my flight was for 11:50am Wednesday. Arrival in Thailand with TP was very easy. 

would you recomend Green Park for a 1 night pit stop, can you tell me the times off

• hotel Check in Time
  • PCR test Time
  • PCR Results Time
  • Check out time 
Edited by bolt

After applying Nov 1 and a few times after I got my QR code a few hours ago. My wife called in and after many attempts she spoke to someone in Thai and it came about an hour after that. She gave them my passport number etc and they said they would look into it.

I had e-mailed them a few days ago and never got a response but maybe calling, if you can actually get through, is the better way to go.

• Like 1

I have submitted 4 applications now and still have not received a qr code.

My first application was using Hotmail, my 2nd using yahoo, and my last 2 using Gmail.

Did not receive an email first application using Hotmail, the other 3 applications emails saying received applications, I have not had anything saying rejected for any reason.

I fly on the 12th and now starting to worry.

Edited by geordie
Soelling
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, WhatAboutBob said:

I applied on November 2nd early morning and have received no approval only confirmation of receipt email. I have booked for the 11th and have a 24 hour cancellation clause so can cancel on the 10th morning. I also have 10 MM$ worth of coverage from North American insurance company plus Covid coverage. I have to do a PCR test Tuesday for the travel Thursday and won't outlay another 150 CDN$ for a test  without Test and Go Approval. I have sent in 4 applications with 2 different gmail address'. Plus I have an approved O-A one year visa that they don't even ask for in the application and have paid for the full year insurance.... Gong Show.. so stressful....I have booked Novotel Bangkok and now they are saying no refund if I don't get Thai Pass approved.... Oh by the way, even if Thai pass approved  and I travel it is Russian roulette because if test positive for Covid and forced into a hospital without any fever or symptoms the Insurance company WILL NOT cover and I am on the hook for hospital bill and "treatment" as hotel has told me. NO Insurance company will ever pay for a hospital stay and treatment if you are not sick. I have contacted 10 insurance companies in North America and they will all issue an insurance policy to you but making a claim for a forced visit to a hospital is another thing. Will they force treatment on you like IV and other tests of you are not sick?? Same thing if you pass the first PCR test  but fail the second one 6 days later for the Test & Go and then forced to go to hospital. Does everyone travelling know this is a major financial and health risk if you are forced into a hospital when you are not actually sick....

You can go to a hospitel  if you test positive, not that expensive….