Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

9 minutes ago, balo said:

I just wait until next year,  I hope the world, including Thailand are back to normality by then.  

I thought about that option, and then realized that another variant or whatever could happen in the next few months, and it would be better to go soon in case Thailand closed up again, and more importantly, travel home got difficult. I do agree we are another year until fully back to normal if then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stickymango said:

Anyone have any suggestions to get my Qatar airways flight information on one page in a jpg so I can submit to Thai Pass?  Qatar has my flight information (without my name!) on one page and my name without the flight information on the other page.  Thanks!

I also thought you needed to upload your flight details - don't know where I got that from, maybe a throwback from COE or maybe because the hotel wanted them.  Anyway, you don't need to upload them - but you will have to submit them to the hotel so they can be included in the confirmation letter that you do need to upload.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drenddy said:

I am trying to figure it out, nobody has a <deleted> clue..The hotel(Grande Sukumvit 55) has Sukumvit Hospital as partner and told me she(wife)will be taken to hospital, however, I find it difficult to believe she will be admitted to a private hospital, if she has no symptoms?

It seems to depend on where you live - some are told to isolate at home.  You can bet your lucky stars we won't be allowed that concession.

Did anybody notice this when I posted it before?  Test results within 6 hours............................hmmmmm.  If correct, the hospital doing my test is Bumrungrad, almost next door to the hotel. I could be on my way home before midnight (pigs might fly too)................or is Soi Cowboy open?

However, yet another contradiction - the statement (9) that you will receive an Antigen Test Kit!

Test & Go 3.jpg

Edited by KhaoYai

2 hours ago, stickymango said:

I had a line from hotel that clearly stated prepaid incl. RT PCR test and my application was rejected because... I need to have note from my hotel that my reservation includes... prepaid RT PCR test...   sigh...

That’s what yellow highlighters are for.

6 hours ago, Aza90 said:

Has the issue with hotmail addresses been resolved now? I submitted Friday 5th Nov and have not heard anything yet.

Thanks 

I submitted on 4th November including the vaccine QR code and I have yet to hear anything. I used an iCloud address and did receive the automated confirmation email immediately after I filed it.

Edited by bubba

fio..The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is making Adjustments to the Thailand Pass system after tourists have had to wait long periods to receive their QR codes. They now are also allowing the use of PDF files to facilitate selection of their initial hotel which is linked to a hospital as well as coordinating with Hotmail service provider Microsoft to address an "issue". In the meantime, applicants are advised to use Non-Hotmail addresses to register.????‍♀️

6 hours ago, tomx2 said:
7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The one page letter from your hotel that describes you getting a Covid test. Make sure you convert it to JPEG.

Will a bullet point from the Hotel's conformation stating "package includes RT-PCT test"  be sufficient?

Yes.... See below (this was accepted) without issue (although there were plenty of issues and delays waiting for the Thailand Pass to come through (which eventually it did on the 5th after applying on 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th with iCloud and G-mail e-mail accounts !).

The letter needs to include / state: 

- Fully Paid / Paid

- Airport Transfers 

- PCR test (and ATK) - fully paid

- Booking Reference (blacked out below - note: this is not a SHABA code which is not required for BKK AQ).

AQ Confirmation Letter.jpg

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

If you are asking if they put qr codes on Thai vaccine certificates...I think they do not.

Of course that is completely false. The QR code is 2” x2” and in the top right of the A4 Thai vaccine certificate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Easily... 

We arrived at our AQ hotel at about 9:30am...  We were PCR tested before going up to the room. 

We slept off jet-lag, woke up in the afternoon, chilled out.

We called reception at about 5pm to ask if our PCR test results were available - they were (Negative). 

We checked out at 8pm (waited until rush-hour was over). 

Our PCR test results were ‘printed’ (results printed to PDF) at 1:30pm - thus I’m assuming we could have checked out shortly after 1pm. 

And yes... We were also provided with Antigen Test Kits - but given no information about what to do with them, where to upload the negative results etc...  

If we don’t upload any results I can’t see anything happening. A lot of the Covid-19 requirements are simply theatre, nothing more. 

Very similar experience. We had our PCR test about 10.30 so we will are waiting for the result. We were given the lateral flow test but no instrcution of what to do with them. 

Airport was smooth and quick with all the forms but I felt that after customs we coudl have just wandered free. 

6 minutes ago, Merwan said:

Has any American had a problem with the USA Vaccination Card not having a QR code in getting the Thailand Pass?  Rejected?  Slow delivery?  Thanks!

Merwan

Submitted TP application using CDC card Nov 1 with 3 Pfizer shots. Uploaded card 3 times in places for doses 1, 2, and 3. Received email Nov 2 confirming my registration. Have not received anything since then. My flight leaves Nov 18 and arrives Nov 20.

Edited by grin
Fixed spelling
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Merwan said:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!  Let us know how it turns out.  I have a suspicion that because of the QR code missing, it has to be inspected by a human instead of the software.  

I think that is probably true. I suspect most Americans will have this issue because the CDC card we were issued does not have any QR code. I applied on Monday this week but don't travel until 2nd week in December, so maybe Americans should allow a bit more time due to this point.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Easily... 

We arrived at our AQ hotel at about 9:30am...  We were PCR tested before going up to the room. 

We slept off jet-lag, woke up in the afternoon, chilled out.

We called reception at about 5pm to ask if our PCR test results were available - they were (Negative). 

We checked out at 8pm (waited until rush-hour was over). 

Our PCR test results were ‘printed’ (results printed to PDF) at 1:30pm - thus I’m assuming we could have checked out shortly after 1pm. 

And yes... We were also provided with Antigen Test Kits - but given no information about what to do with them, where to upload the negative results etc...  

If we don’t upload any results I can’t see anything happening. A lot of the Covid-19 requirements are simply theatre, nothing more. 

Right, well - you may have noticed that when you start the Thailand Pass application. you are required to read the rules and tick a box stating ' I hereby acknowledge that I have read, understood and accept the above information'.  That information states:

Test & Go P3a.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, stickymango said:
13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

In theory, yes.

in practice, anything is possible.

I had a line from hotel that clearly stated prepaid incl. RT PCR test and my application was rejected because... I need to have note from my hotel that my reservation includes... prepaid RT PCR test...   sigh...

Can't blame that obfuscation on the German programmers then.

11 hours ago, keemapoot said:
11 hours ago, balo said:

I just wait until next year,  I hope the world, including Thailand are back to normality by then.  

I thought about that option, and then realized that another variant or whatever could happen in the next few months, and it would be better to go soon in case Thailand closed up again, and more importantly, travel home got difficult. I do agree we are another year until fully back to normal if then.

Looking at a global uptick on Covid infection rates and the cyclic nature of 'flu season', a lot of the nations in the northern hemisphere are introducing or re-introducing all sorts of controls and safety measures, I think keeping track on near-term travel 'windows' may be better than 'try again next year'. I languished in Thailand for nigh-on 14 months before work popped up in May and travel restrictions entailed only 4 bloody quarantines as different nation's windows aligned. After 4 months, I headed back to the UK to get myself double-jabbed and now, after 7 weeks here, I see windows closing again so I am headed back to Thailand. I see my next window opening in April 2022... with quarantines!

Since no Hotel in Phuket offers a 'Test and Go' package, which include Test and Transport fees, I booked the Test through the official website https//:thailandpsas.com 

The hotel  (Baan Thai Hilton) listed the test incl. Receipt Nr. and room as fully prepaid. I used this 1-page document for the Thai Pass application.

Applied 7 Nov, received instant confirmation in my gmail account but no QR-Code approval thus far.

My question: Has anybody using the same method received approval and QR- Code?

Thanks for any useful information

One thing I noticed when applying for Thailand Pass:

When these new measures were announced, they caused some confusion and speculation because in a change from the old COE requirements that specified Covid 19 insurance, they were now asking for 'Health Insurance'. That suggests a more comprehensive level of medical cover.

Yet when I made my application, I can't remember the exact wording but it definitely said Covid 19 insurance, it didn't say 'insurance that covers Covid 19.

This is in addition to the differing statements regarding Antigen Tests on Day 6 or 7.

Will they ever be clear on what they want? Do they even know?

Edited by KhaoYai

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hilarious thread of 65 pages of confusion. 

And that's for us...........imagine what it must be like for a real tourist that has never read Asean Now or any other forum.

I'd give up just reading the entry requirements, never mind going as far as applying.

8 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

And that's for us...........imagine what it must be like for a real tourist that has never read Asean Now or any other forum.

I'd give up just reading the entry requirements, never mind going as far as applying.

I think you make an important point.

Many posters on AseanNow are semi to competent with IT.

That's a small number in the pool of folk wanting to come to Thailand.

Just had an email from friend in Oz and he is looking forward to coming to Thailand to see his wife and young child in Udon.

Lovely guy but seriously would have almost zero knowledge of IT.

Prob thinks Hotmail is from a tinder chick.

Edited by DrJack54