Government prepared to handle ‘surge’ in cases

webfact

10 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

You know expecting anyone to actually read anything other than the headline before they post for likes is too much to ask of the TVF populace.

Appears so.

14 so far happy to jump on. I’m sure that will increase  

Edited by Kadilo

23 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yes, that’s why the article said:

“The surge wont come from the arriving tourists but the service industry that supports them and from the behavior of locals,” a senior doctor at Siriraj told Thai Enquirer.

Helps if you actually read the article rather than rushing to be first to post for “likes” and calling others “idiots”

And what does this mean? It means infected foreigners will spread the disease amongst the locals contacting with them in service industry (massage, bars, restaurants etc.). The source of the possible spike are FOREIGNERS.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

And what does this mean? It means infected foreigners will spread the disease amongst the locals contacting with them. The source of the possible spike are FOREIGNERS.

Would you like him to explain it even easier for you? 

“The surge wont come from the arriving tourists but the service industry that supports them and from the behavior of locals,” a senior doctor at Siriraj told Thai Enquirer.

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

There we go - as predicted any covid surge over the coming weeks will be blamed on foreign tourists - idiots

Not exactly, the surge has happened in Israel, and Singapore, Denmark when it opened said , we know our health system can cope.

I think Denmark would know, I also think that Thailand is aware that case spike probably will happen , but they may be reliant upon the covid insurance policies to place the paid for spikes in hospital, I do not know how they might deal with local poor people if this happens maybe plan B has not been finalized.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, newnative said:

No surge of international tourists--zero bookings in CM--equals likely no surge in cases.  

I will take a tarot card reading , most airlines will scrap their old planes, probably in the dessert now.

Big funds will invest in newer planes , buy out the wrecked bankrupt airlines, and hotels, you will never be allowed onto a plane or into MC Donalds again without a vaccine passport. what hope does LOS have against these odds.

• Like 1

“The surge wont come from the arriving tourists but the service industry that supports them and from the behavior of locals,” a senior doctor at Siriraj told Thai Enquirer."

How could that happen when its supposed to be 70% vaccinated? Oh yes, only Bangkok and Phuket have achieved that status.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Yeah, but who will suffer most from the surge, will it be unvaccinated Thais catching the virus from fully-vaccinated foreign tourists, or perhaps (and more likely) it might be the large, unvaccinated part of Thai society that will come off the worst? Only 43% have been fully-vaccinated to date, but no doubt you'll remember this government target, repeated time and time again...

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha detailed in a statement ..... the country is to receive 105.5 million doses, exceeding an initial target of 100 million, which will allow for the vaccination of 50 million people or 70 percent of the population.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210618164011739

Yeah the 70% double vaccination plan got hijacked.

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

Thailand is claiming that opening up the country to foreign tourists is going to cause a surge - that message is wholey incorrect and foolhardy, myself and many others on here have been saying for weeks ……….

And so is your opening post:

“There we go - as predicted any covid surge over the coming weeks will be blamed on foreign tourists -idiots”

When was is said was In the article is:

“Travelers entering the kingdom will be able to travel freely after a negative result from a PCR test. The move, the government admits, will likely see a surge in new cases.

“The surge wont come from the arriving tourists but the service industry that supports them and from the behavior of locals,” a senior doctor at Siriraj told Thai Enquirer.”

Edited by Kadilo

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

You are confused

Those countries actually opened including the UK, do you think the current surge in the UK is due to foreign tourists - it would be rather foolish to think that.

Thailand is claiming that opening up the country to foreign tourists is going to cause a surge - that message is wholey incorrect and foolhardy, myself and many others on here have been saying for weeks - Thailand should fully open up internally before opening the floodgates to foreign tourists - they are incorrectly doing things in reverse, how can you open externally when you are shut internally, it is stupidity beyond belief

I'm not confused, it's not about foreign tourists spreading covid, it's about what has happened in Israel and Singapore and may happen in Thailand, not because of tourists, but because people might think that all is ok now, and through caution to the wind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1