Thailand Pass helps streamline international arrivals

snoop1130

Just now, alyx said:

Lost in translation then, I guess : )

I've only had to work directly with one German company on a tech project and have to say I was genuinely extremely surprised at how bad their software was and the amount of BS they kept spouting to the powers that be that didn't have the knowledge to call them on it.

Before people pounce, I don't believe, nor am I suggesting, this outlier in any way reflects German companies as a whole, 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Salerno said:

Allegedly the site was developed by a German company. How true that is I can't comment on:

I believe I was the first one on here to whistleblow about this yesterday, but hey. ????

As for how true it is, is pretty easy to detect: yesterday (might still be in today) you simply had to hit F12 with your Chrome browser and read the code, I'd say half of it was in English about the other half was in Thai and a very few selective bits here and there were in "standard German".

Why would some parts of the code being in "standard German" still? Because they most likely asked a German firm or German developers/consultants to write most of it.

Now step back for a second and recoup that with the fact it is a German company who sold them their biometrics system installed at every land/air/sea entrance and exits of the Kingdom about 3 years ago and it is rumored the German supplier also has a 10 years maintenance contract attached to the sale/purchase and installation of the biometrics network and there you have it.

German built, installed and ran infrastructure.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

I believe I was the first one on here to whistleblow about this yesterday, but hey. ????

Which is why I linked to the post that quoted you and gave further information so as there was little doubt I was trying to claim breaking the info.

14 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

As for how true it is, is pretty easy to detect

Yes, when I saw your post initially I checked too. The "truth" comment was regards to the other BM's claim "They bought a package from a German supplier" which sounds likely but I don't have specific insider knowledge hence the "disclaimer" (may well be a bespoke system for all I know).

And yes, my thoughts also went to the biometrics deal and two main points, 1 if same mob, how could the TP site have such a buggy launch and what does it say about the integrity of the biometric system and 2 which players had their fingers in both deals ...

Edited by Salerno
  • Thanks 1

I was so frustrated yesterday about not being able to submit TP that I emaied all documents to Thai Embassy in London ( I'm in Ireland) and asked them to approve application. Might have worked, I doubt it, but you never know. Seemed like the only way at the time. No issues anyway with lack of passport number.

3 hours ago, funky moped said:

i was acctually on the phone in the uk yesterday to the 119 number to try to get a copy of my vaccine certificate with my NHS number or Passport number on it , they dont do it, they are sending a copy to me but according to the girl on the helpline it shows neither PP number or NHS number, i had no problems using the thailand pass web site using the Brave browser, chrome and firefox both had issues, took about 8 minuets to complete using Brave , make sure your docs are JPEG, put all the info you are going to need in a word document and copy and paste straight into the website.

you need pp number, hotel booking confirmation number, hotel address,  insurance policy number, vaccine dates, flight number, home address and phone number , get it all set out before you start and it will take 5 or 6 minuets to fill out, The main problem as of last night there is no confirmation email to say they have recieved the application,  

Just now, Denny Dillon said:

The J&J still not working. I went and got booster shot. Once I loaded that it went through. I did get a receipt email saying have and will respond within 7 days. I had first tried putting J&J in twice. They accepted it but kicked it back as rejected saying I need to fix the vaccine portion of my app. 

I feel bad anyone who is trying to travel in the next couple weeks. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Streamlined...lol, there are over 40k in the que to be processed and many have had the app crash on them as they have tried to register...just like any Thai app it is fraught with glitches.  Why do they not hire a proper web developer to build a site for them instead of hiring someone's supposed computer knowledgeable family member....However, I could be wrong.......

That's the way things are done in Thailand. it all depends on who you know. That's why Thai Airlines is so bad for instance.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The new travel document submission system known as “Thailand Pass” now being rolled out is helping to better facilitate international arrivals. This online-based system will be replacing the Certificate of Entry from next week

When you see this many at the opening you know desperation has set-in.

30eedeb9aa0015666018e441d7453cc0_small.jpg.bd2cd10006736c331e3747793d892314.jpg

• Like 1

I couldn't get past the first page.  Tried to select the one day quarantine option and couldn't even click on the confirm button.

Red circle with a line thru it came up when I tried clicking on confirm.  Same thing happened with the 7 day quar. option.  What a POS!!!

11 hours ago, fangless said:

Not according to a lot of the comments posted on Aseannow recently!

If these people think that people are gonna travel a full day to not get a beer and enjoy a Sports bar or game of pool then they live in a parallel universe …. Oh wait .. I can upgrade my “Global Temples Visited Album” .. Twiglight Zone

• Like 2

6 hours ago, funky moped said:

you need pp number, hotel booking confirmation number, hotel address,  insurance policy number, vaccine dates, flight number, home address and phone number

all that to go on a holiday ......   !!         

tourists won't want to mess with that c-rap to come to thailand, they'll start looking at Vietnam and easier places to enter.  

pp

vac cert.

That's all that should be needed .   imo

8 hours ago, alyx said:

I might add that it is still impossible to upload the Janssen certificate and go to the next page as they insist on the (inexistent)  second dose details to be filled in

Bloody annoying

And the situation has changed as the second dose is now an option. But it was not working up till 30 minutes ago as I tried several times since yesterday

Four British could not travel as they could not get this "Thailand Pass" application to work; fun and games at Heathrow as the airline staff had no idea as well. Landed yesterday afternoon in Jamaica instead for a four weeks vacation - wonder over wonder - in Jamaica the very same Thailand Pass application worked! 

Anything between 500'000 - 700'000 touristic Baht down the drain ...........

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Streamlined...lol, there are over 40k in the que to be processed and many have had the app crash on them as they have tried to register...just like any Thai app it is fraught with glitches.  Why do they not hire a proper web developer to build a site for them instead of hiring someone's supposed computer knowledgeable family member....However, I could be wrong.......

Exactly! First it don’t work for 2 days now I filled it out 3 times and success it said 3 times but never gives me a confirmation that’s it received then I seen a grind do it for a Thai only half the time it takes a farang but she got the confirmation in less then a min. FUNNY??? Probably discrimination