Thailand Pass helps streamline international arrivals

snoop1130

7 hours ago, funky moped said:

i was acctually on the phone in the uk yesterday to the 119 number to try to get a copy of my vaccine certificate with my NHS number or Passport number on it , they dont do it, they are sending a copy to me but according to the girl on the helpline it shows neither PP number or NHS number, i had no problems using the thailand pass web site using the Brave browser, chrome and firefox both had issues, took about 8 minuets to complete using Brave , make sure your docs are JPEG, put all the info you are going to need in a word document and copy and paste straight into the website.

you need pp number, hotel booking confirmation number, hotel address,  insurance policy number, vaccine dates, flight number, home address and phone number , get it all set out before you start and it will take 5 or 6 minuets to fill out, The main problem as of last night there is no confirmation email to say they have recieved the application,  

You sound like you know what you are doing. Is this feat possible to do on an  iPhone or I pad do you know? 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Mr. Anucha said this new system comes with safeguard measures including data encryption to protect personal information, in accordance with international standards.

And then, in a month or two, all the data will be published on the dark web...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Hopefully the failure of this mess will make them think again about all this tripe and come up with something sensible.

The most sensible alternative is to drop it. It is an obstacle. 

Government 'obstacles' are similar to taxes. Once implemented, they are difficult to get rid of. They can be decreased (rarely) or increased, (usually). But it takes a vulcanic change in government to remove them. 

The COE was a control messure, a feature of police states. This new thing is also a control measure, with one advantage that it takes away the power of embassies to impose their own, personal bias to grant or deny. Now it's to be an algorithm doing the work. If it's not subject to human interference, it should be as simple as checking in luggage at modern airports, such as Tullamarine, Melbourne, Australia.

So if the intention is indeed  honourable, and this is actually about streamlining the entry process, all should go as planned.

However, concept is one thing, but of course, any equipment is only as good as the designer and the people who manufacture it. 

If they really are smart enough to come up with tracking devices, and spying on Facebook accounts, what could possibly go wrong? 

????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, meechai said:

Thailand just went the wrong way on this reopening.

There are few countries in the world that can quickly develop a online app to handle entry & Thailand is not one of them

10k applied...4k issued??? Think that is good? What will happen if any real traffic starts?? (Not too worry real traffic will not come while all these hoops exist)

Look at their history of online apps....90 day  check in online...Look at the Chiang Mai Que system for visa extension appointments....all blew up

Not to mention data breach etc etc

Thailand either open or don't....Look at other countries like USA or some parts of Europe see how it is basically back to what it was before C19?

If your feeling sheepish then forget it & the income it provides

If you want to reopen.... REOPEN But please don't half a$$ it

"...

Thailand just went the wrong way on this reopening.

There are few countries in the world that can quickly develop a online app to handle entry & Thailand is not one of them

10k applied...4k issued??? Think that is good? What will happen if any real traffic starts?? (Not too worry real traffic will not come while all these hoops exist)

Look at their history of online apps....90 day  check in online...Look at the Chiang Mai Que system for visa extension appointments....all blew up

Not to mention data breach etc etc..."

But it seems there's several thousands of arrivals every day, so the app is not a total failure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Charlie Halliday said:

What most people don't fully understand is that Thailands economy is way more dependent on tourism than the 15% of GDP figure they loosely throw around. Its more like 30% when you add on the unseen intangibles. The amount of money we give to our respective Thai families, paying medical bills, repairing property, hiring family for unskilled labour, buying food, and the list goes on. So if travellers don't come because of the stupid test and go policy, I'm pretty sure this govt will have to drop all restrictions by next month other than the compulsory proof of  double Vax. The cost of test and go plus covid is too high and is about the same as a pre covid economy flight from the UK. People won't pay double to come here unless they have family here. There are plenty of better options elsewhere. Amazing how this govt never consult us farang who have lived here for years and sent millions supporting the economy. Bizarre really. 

Yep, 90% of all Thai families receiving massive support money each and every month from farang. 

The Thailand Pass is working very well, technically. Analysis, design and coding performed by a Thai software house.  Bravo!

It does demand a lot of info, but most people are powerless and have no choice but to share all the personal private identity details of their lives with big brother govts across the world.

One point - the health insurance : the whole form works by asking questions, you answer and rhen it demands proof of your answer in the shape of a single image scan.

Yet health insurance has typically three documents of relevance - *one is your Schedule (1 to 4 pages, with your ID and the policy ID); *another is the policy itself (maybe 100 pages and a general doc that does not mention you); *third, an extract showing covid cover (a page or two, again no mention of you).

My question would be : a screen shot of which health insurance doc is wanted? Because you only get to upload one image.

Edited by cape

11 minutes ago, cape said:

The Thailand Pass is working very well, technically. Analysis, design and coding performed by a Thai software house.  Bravo!

It does demand a lot of info, but most people are powerless and have no choice but to share all the personal private identity details of their lives with big brother govts across the world.

One point - the health insurance : the whole form works by asking questions, you answer and rhen it demands proof of your answer in the shape of a single image scan.

Yet health insurance has typically three documents of relevance - *one is your Schedule (1 to 4 pages, with your ID and the policy ID); *another is the policy itself (maybe 100 pages and a general doc that does not mention you); *third, an extract showing covid cover (a page or two, again no mention of you).

My question would be : a screen shot of which health insurance doc is wanted? Because you only get to upload one image.

Make a collage of all and send it ....could be enough or maybe not...

11 hours ago, funky moped said:

The main problem as of last night there is no confirmation email to say they have recieved the application,  

There is now email confirming receipt of your application and assuring you that you will receive a decision within 7 working days.

Seven working days.

Doc s needed :

-A Certificate of Vaccination
-A COVID-19 Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR, negative
-A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
-An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.

-e-visa if you have applied for one (eg 60 day tourist, work, health, student ...)

Edited by cape
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Make a collage of all and send it ....could be enough or maybe not...

Yes, although becomes illegible.

My bet is they will approve the Pass and check at Immigration.

My other bet is they won't check at Immigration, just cursory.

The policy is 100+ pages. They want the doc.s printed out to check. No-one can print and carry a policy doc.

All will become clear from the feedback here from early adventurers.

Edited by cape

Just now, cape said:

Yes, although becomes illegible.

My bet is they will approve the Pass and check at Immigration.

My other bet is they won't check.

The policy is 100+ pages  They want the doc s printed out to check. No-one can print and carry a policy doc.

All will become clear from the feedback here from early adventurers.

Should have a cover Certificate that lays out the coverage amounts.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Yep, 90% of all Thai families receiving massive support money each and every month from farang. 

Truth is visitors visit for family or business reasons. Very few authentic tourists. 

Once restrictions are lifted, tourism will restart. That will be when the population is vaccinated. So, high season 2022? Back to new normal ? 2024 ?

Edited by cape

13 hours ago, alyx said:

I might add that it is still impossible to upload the Janssen certificate and go to the next page as they insist on the (inexistent)  second dose details to be filled in

Bloody annoying

Enter the same info twice

4 minutes ago, cape said:

Enter the same info twice

You cannot as you have to enter a different date for the second dose. 
that being said, as mentioned in an earlier post , the matter seems to have resolved as last night there was y’ the option of the second dose ,allowing to get to the next page without entering further information 

2 hours ago, Charlie Halliday said:

What most people don't fully understand is that Thailands economy is way more dependent on tourism than the 15% of GDP figure they loosely throw around. Its more like 30% when you add on the unseen intangibles.

they have always known how much of the GDP was from tourism. They just never wanted to admit it. When the spigot was abruptly shut off, denying the real impact on GDP was no longer possible

• Like 2

To those who have applied numerous times and have received a confirmation then have been accepted and got the QR code.

I have entered erroneous information and submitted inadvertently. I received an email of confirmation a few minutes later ( under consideration and decision within 7 days) 

my questions:

1)have you applied again after receiving this email ?

2) Have you entered exactly the same informations? 
or have you modified the way the passport number was written by allowing a space between the letter and the numbers ?

sorry but I am kind of worried as it is impossible to get in touch with the people in charge  

36 minutes ago, oldsalt said:

Completed the process a few hours ago. Very user friendly format. No problems and immediate confirmation of registration.  

Good info, thanks for sharing.

Did you notice is there's a maximum file size (jpeg file) to submit in the TP online application

31 minutes ago, alyx said:

To those who have applied numerous times and have received a confirmation then have been accepted and got the QR code.

I have entered erroneous information and submitted inadvertently. I received an email of confirmation a few minutes later ( under consideration and decision within 7 days) 

my questions:

1)have you applied again after receiving this email ?

2) Have you entered exactly the same informations? 
or have you modified the way the passport number was written by allowing a space between the letter and the numbers ?

sorry but I am kind of worried as it is impossible to get in touch with the people in charge  

From a MOFA Q and A site:

If date of flight etc., changes don't try to change your application. Just quickly resubmit the whole application with new info.

Maybe answers your question.

• Thanks 1